Talk Whatever Online is becoming Deadicated Fans! Forum restructure is under construction ×

How are you today?

Beefhead

We had to put our dog down today. Hardest thing I've ever done. Don't want to go into details. I know in my heart it was the right thing to do. The vet said we did the right thing. ****ing sucks doing what's right sometimes. RxIxP Bullet. Edited by Beefhead

• Replies 419
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been off for the past two weeks from work due to Christmas etc and so imagine my shock when the phone goes about 10 minutes ago, so yeah at 5.30am British time on a Saturday morning. I answered it because it had woke me up and seen as I only fell asleep at 2am or thereabouts my head was like cotton wool and its work, one of my co-workers calling me for some advice on something whilst I am off work AT 5.30AM ON A SATURDAY!!!!

So yeah, not happy, not when there was oh, about three other people currently not on holiday that he could have called. I managed to convey that in the phone call with two sentences, one "Oh is it Monday already, Jesus that was quick" and two "What sort of early b**tard time do you call this for Christ's sake?" just in case the first sentence was too polite and subtle for him.

Phone has been turned off now and on Monday I am going to exact petty horrid revenge, because I work in a transport company and that's what we do - we prank like hell.

The sickest I've ever been in at least 10-12 years. That's how I'm doing.

I first started feeling it on Monday. It progressivley got worse so I made an appointment with my doctor but they couldn't fit me in until today. I was in a lot of pain and was having trouble breathing so I took a trip to the ER and they gave me fluids and made me comfortable with some IV narcotics.

So I go to my regular doctor today to find out I have Captain Trips. Yep, somehow I got Influenza A. I had to walk around both the er and docs with a face mask. I thought they would test me and I'd be the first carrier of some new strain of killer super flu. Thankfully this is just the garden variety and I should be good as new in a few weeks.

So far 4 people here in Pueblo have died since the new year. A fact that the radiologist let me in on as she was taking my chest xrays. Is it just me or is that terrible bedside manner? That wasn't reassuring at all.

So if this shit kills me, I'll see you all in another life, brotha.

So I go to my regular doctor today to find out I have Captain Trips. Yep, somehow I got Influenza A. I had to walk around both the er and docs with a face mask. I thought they would test me and I'd be the first carrier of some new strain of killer super flu. Thankfully this is just the garden variety and I should be good as new in a few weeks.

So far 4 people here in Pueblo have died since the new year. A fact that the radiologist let me in on as she was taking my chest xrays. Is it just me or is that terrible bedside manner? That wasn't reassuring at all.

So if this shit kills me, I'll see you all in another life, brotha.

She was actually being kind, the real figure's nearer 40! Get well soon mate.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Cleared my bank account of pointless Direct Debits today, the money i was wasting on pointless crap was scary.

£40 a month for a council run gym, jeeeez.

All rather refreshing.

Anyway, I had a rather bizarre dream last night. I found myself with Sky News's Adam Boulton and a guy that I work with. George Bush Snr was President and the White House came under attack from Iranians. Bush escaped to a bunker by vaulting over a balcony.

Edited by BRM

• 4 weeks later...

Amazing day. The theatre I work at have asked me to be on stage in a professional show! A main role! Ok its a one night rehearsed script read, but still!

Plus they have booked the community group I started to do a show next year. All excitment for me. :D

Nice one Paul, sounds like a lot of fun. I've recently found a bit of a love for small thearte group productuions, don't know how it's come about, seeing as I've never really been an artsy kind of guy but I've been to a few in the last couple of months and always had a blast.
  • Like 1

Just back from spending a whole month in 2004, no internet to be seen in my area at all. Eircom workers out here getting killed trying to get the internet poles back up (these poles also bring the ''phone'' line whatever that is). I've had some pretty bad luck internet wise over the past few months, it's like the Universe is trying to tell me to stop wasting so much of my time online and go out and be more productive, talk with real humans etc. Lucky I don't believe in the Universe. Much wrestling and music to catch up on.