Long time fan - critic

Prentiss213

I have loved wrestling for a long time, but lately the product - due to a lack of competition - is suffering tremendously. I used to absolutely get crazy watching ECW on Spanish TV. Perfect Strangers playing in the background as the Triple Threat came down to the ring is one of my favorite moments.

I watched ECW and WCW die a slow painful death, and now it seems like the whole business is falling apart. Last thing I was excited about from the modern - reality - era was Mark Henry winning the World Title. That guy drew me in with his top notch acting and "realism".

Welcome to the forum. I feel your pain. Sometimes, I wonder if it's really just me doing my usual grumpy old man thing.... and then I realize in this case it just isn't, it really was better in those days. I wouldn't go so far to say as wrestling is dead, but it's certainly irrelevant to the majority of people.

Welcome. Wrestling was the peak durin the attitude era in terms of quality and mainstream appeal. Since then it seems to be a dirty phrase 'wrestling fan'. Yes we know its pre determined but it is not fake. I think the dont try this at home vig said it best with jr saying 'how do you learn how to fall off a 20ft ladder?' I think the internet hasnt helped as we know a lot of results beforehand and the excitement has gone from not knowing. We have all grown up and the naivety has gone from our perspective as well. My girlfriend despairs of me being a wrestling fan until i showed her punk vs cena mitb 2011. She appreciates the ahow they put on now but still isnt keen. I explained it to her as its my eastenders.

• 5 months later...

Archived