WWE RAW Discussion Thread - November 11, 2013 from Manchester, England (#1068)

TPIB

http://www.talkwrestlingonline.com/images/shows/raw2012.png

When

United States: Monday Night, Nov. 11, at 8/7c on the USA Network

United Kingdom: Tuesday Morning, Nov. 12, at 1AM on SkySportsHD3

Venue

Phones 4 U Arena in Manchester, England

Confirmed Matches/Events

Build to Survivor Series

Is a Ryback face turn on the cards?? I sure hope so, he was one of my favourite guys on the roster as a face, used to really enjoy his handicap matches & double Shellshocks. He sucks as a heel.

Looks like we're gonna get a 6 on 6 match at Survivor Series

Good Raw, good crowd. Loved their "We are awesome" chant :lol

I am so hyped for Cena vs Cesaro it is ridiculous. I didn't think I could have wanted it any more, and then they began working tags together and teasing me with all kinds of awesome shit. The Cena Giant Swing is going to be the best payoff in forever.

Main event match and angle was great too. Think for a second about a main event filled with Bryan Danielson, CM Punk, Tyler Black, Jon Moxley, Brodie Lee, and nary a Cena/Orton/Hunter/McMahon/etc. in sight. Good times to be had people. Also was that the first time ever Punk has worked with the Shield?

Tamina still irritates me, but there were parts of Tamina/Nikki I liked, Nikki looked good, Brie's dropkicks looked great, and anything involving the Divas is improved tenfold by watching it with the idea that AJ and Tamina are secret lesbian lovers.

Dolph actually looked like a halfway competent babyface in his match, all credit to him. Although it wasn't hard to stand out as being good when you're working with F*ck A Curtis Axel.

I was really looking forward to the 6v6 match that this show was advertising at Survivor Series, but apparently Punk/Bryan vs. Harper/Rowan is still the match. Boo for that.

What a massive letdown, after the brawl Monday night I was expecting a full on 6 v 6 at SS. Harper/Rowan v Punk/Bryan doesn't really entice me to buy the PPV (which I will) I was expecting a full on Bray Wyatt beatdown of Punk/Bryan at SS to really enhance/cement himself as a dangerous adversary to the main eventers in WWE.

Also enjoyed the Shields 'we don't for anyone's speech' and Rollins reaction to being interrupted by the Wyatt's in the main was electric. I'm seeing Wyatt's v The Shield in the future

I'm the opposite, although the fault doesn't lie so much with Kane himself as with it coinciding with me losing my interest in the Corporation angle. It has lurched over the hump where everything made sense and every segment was awesome, and now just feels like any other angle with interminably long promos.

The Maddox/Vickie/Kane bitchfit that opened this show was one of the biggest pieces of shit on Raw in quite some time. The exact opposite of the great Hunter/Steph promos, it was just lazy, cliched authority figure overload at it's worst.

The conclusion to this week's RAW was one of the best that I've seen in a while. I loved The Shield and The Wyatt Family finally facing off and the culmination of a mega-brawl to end the show. If they end up doing The Shield vs. The Wyatt Family at Survivor Series, I will be happy with them not doing the 12-Man Tag that they teased (which they could still change it to, by the way).

I was really hoping for Dolph to take the title off of Axel, but I really should have known better. Also, I like this idea of Heyman randomly cutting a promo every couple of weeks just to get senselessly beat down by Punk without it being any more complicated than that. Given the emotion going into Hell in a Cell between the two, the somewhat mild attack on Heyman at the pay-per-view was a bit underwhelming given the long build, so to have Punk assault Heyman every time that he sees him is quite a unique way to make up for it without doing something "beyond PG". It's kind of a modern day Kane/Pete Rose deal, but every couple weeks or every month instead of every year.

Speaking of Kane, I would say that he is "growing on me", but I thought the gimmick change was brilliant (which leads me to believe that it was Kane who came up with it, not the creative team). Not only does it avoid a lot of awkwardness when it comes to promoting See No Evil 2, but it gives a humanizing twist to the character and, if Kane plans to retire anytime soon, this is the perfect character to do so with.

I saw no need for the Punk attack on Heyman on Monday as I feel it adds absolutely nothing to the feud which ended in my opinion at Summerslam!!! These two acts should be kept apart for a while now, there is no need for them to still be feuding. Heyman I feel would make a great partnership with Barrett who right now needs a strong return to TV. Heyman and Barrett together would make a formidable team