WWE RAW Discussion Thread - November 4, 2013 from Greenville, SC (#1067)

TPIB

http://www.talkwrestlingonline.com/images/shows/raw2012.png

When

United States: LIVE, Monday Night, Nov. 4, at 8/7c on the USA Network

United Kingdom: Tuesday Morning, Nov. 5, at 1AM on SkySportsHD3

Venue

Bon Secours Wellness Arena in Greenville, SC

Confirmed Matches/Events

Build to Survivor Series

Shame Bryan got bounced from the title picture, it's like they teased us and teased us and in the end wouldn't even let us put the tip in. Brazzers trailer status.

The Wyatt theme still goes hard, have to get that on the gym mix sometime.

Edited by Frank Botch

Another AWESOME Goldust performance in that six man tag, Cesaro also ruled all throughout. Great match. Pretty much the only entertaining thing on the show so far, apart from Renee Young wearing the GOAT dress.

Big Show's still to come, maybe he can save it. Yeah... probably not.

Kane looked like a corporate suck up in that suit

No shit....

Anyway, the whole Show looking for a title shot again plays into the fact Bryan is going to come back into the title picture closer to Mania. You couldn't possibly keep Bryan hunting for the title and never getting all the way through, there had to be a period where at least one person tries and fails in his place. Again this just shows that it's not Bryan who couldn't get the job done, if the Big Show can't then when Bryan does eventually triumph it shows what an incredibly job he did to do it.

The fact that he and Punk look to be getting into a program together I think proves that they are keeping on top of ways to keep Bryan in things which his fans and the IWC are going to be happy with, keeping him still a part of the general buzz. We didn;'t quite get the Kings of Wrestling in WWE but I think people would be happy with a Punk/Bryan team just as much.

He's now corporate/libertarian Kane for some reason. Maybe someone who pays more attention can explain but I don't recall him giving a reason for joining Steph/HHH/Orton. He was out a couple of months after a Wyatt Family beat down, came back, mumbled something and gave his mask to Stephanie. Last night he wondered out wearing a suit and handed a chair to Orton. I suppose to show he's a more controlled hedge fund manager type psychopath now.

I love the idea of Kane doing a complete 180 character-wise to be the new Corporate stooge. Even though he changes alignment like we change clothes, it's always the same Kane, he's just fighting different guys. This time, it is a genuine change in character, so much so that my big problem is that it wasn't treated importantly enough. His HIAC return and weird promo to Steph where he unmasked were basically afterthoughts, and the angle on this show was kind of low key as well, he just walked out and tossed chairs around.

I mean, Daniel Bryan's tag team partner and theoretical best friend in the locker room selling his soul and joining the enemy should be a BIG thing. Kane the monster completely ditching his character and becoming a stooge in a suit should be a BIG thing. But it doesn't feel as big as it should.

It's like they just decided to do it on the spur of the moment, and couldn't be bothered giving him a coherent reason. I mean the big angle was the Wyatt deal, a chokeslam, without even getting to Bray, and it's dropped. I read that they want him as a heel because of the movie he has coming out but I'm not sure the stooge element is going to gel with the b movie plot.

I love how excited Cena was to win

http://i.imgur.com/eE94HsO.gif

Dot Net reader Jason Kelly attended WWE Raw in Greenville, South Carolina on Monday and send the following report.

I was at Raw last night with my son for his birthday. I have to say it was one of the worst Raws of the year with one of the top twenty matches of the year. The crowd was abysmal live. It was hard to cheer when you have matches like Ryback vs. Great Khali, Dolph Ziggler vs. Curtis Axel (neither have any direction, and watching Axel is like watching paint dry), and even the Fandango and Summer Rae vs. Tyson Kidd and Natalya match. All boring and crowd was dead.

There was no reaction for the Kane suit when he came out. I mean NONE! It was quiet during the whole beating of Big Show. The loudest the crowd got was booing Triple H. The match between Randy Orton and Big E Langston was surprisingly good, but the crowd was cheering for Orton at the end, not Langston. The crowd even popped when he won. The six-man tag match was really well done. One of my favorite matches of the year and I was exited I got to see it live. I don't know how it came across on TV, but the crowd got into this match at least. The last minute or so was just insane.

I wish the dark match would have been Daniel Bryan. I would like to see him wrestle, but it was John Cena vs Alberto Del Rio. Boring. I hate this matchup. Been there and seen that. Cena was cool at the end and hung out for a few minutes with the fans at ringside. I really feel like Cena loves what he does. Oh, and the place did not sell out and the arena was clearing out before the end of the show. Sad.

A live report of the event, not selling out people living before the end, raw maybe getting better on the tube but seems not so much live

According to PWInsider.com, Triple H was furious at the end of Raw this week, and was said to have "blown a gasket" during the main event segment of the show.

It took place when the show went to commercial just after The Shield came out, and during the break HHH was seen by fans in attendance dropping the "F bomb" and arguing with someone on the headset at the announce table.

Reportedly, the segment was going long, so someone in the back, likely either Kevin Dunn or Vince McMahon, sent The Shield out so the show could cut to commercial break, and this upset Triple H because the trio came out before Big Show could be told that he was indeed going to get a WWE Title shot at Survivor Series. The entire main event segment is the reason why Raw went about 5 to 6 minutes long on Monday night.

So the Shield does Vince's bidding after all. This was a really oddly structured ending alright though.