Carters looking to sell up?

Archmage

http://www.philly.com/philly/blogs/the-squared-circle/TNA-Wrestling-launches-new-247-programming-initiative.html

TNA announced a pretty drastic change to the way it will present its product via a press release Thursday.

The company, which has seen a steady decline in television ratings and live event attendance, announced that it launched a new 24-hour programming initiative called, “Where Action Never Ends.”

According to the release, the company will give fans a glimpse at the wrestler’s lives in and out of the ring 24 hours a day, seven days a week. The fans will get to see storylines unfold at all times of the day and get an inside look at their favorite stars.

Read more at http://www.philly.com/philly/blogs/the-squared-circle/TNA-Wrestling-launches-new-247-programming-initiative.html#GY5xKtDHQYSEUMQa.99

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Going around last night is

According to yesterday's episode of Wrestling Observer Radio with Dave Meltzer, the Carter family is looking to sell TNA Wrestling, and the reason for the cutbacks this summer were because the family stopped pumping money into the company.

No matter what anyone says right now, there's big things going on behind the scenes as far as the ownership of the company, and at that point, god only knows where it goes … I think the Carters are looking to get out. They've lost enough money … But they've been looking to get out for a while.

A couple of blogs and websites have claimed WWE is interested in acquiring TNA Wrestling, but at the moment those rumors are complete speculation. No reputable sources have been able to confirm that Vince McMahon, or anyone inside WWE is even remotely interested in acquiring the company. Other names floating around are Eric Bischoff and former co-founder Jeff Jarrett.

What do we all reckon?

http://www.cagesideseats.com/tna-impact/2013/10/27/5035998/is-tna-up-for-sale-due-to-the-carter-family-wanting-out-of-the

Dave Meltzer is reporting that the Carter family wants to throw the towel in on TNA and sell the company to the highest bidder. There are parties interested in purchasing it, but no word yet on who they might be. Obvious candidates are Eric Bischoff, Jeff Jarrett, Viacom and WWE.

Other than a crazy angel investor with a tone of expendable money, a willingness to lose it, a love of pro-wrestling, like a Ted Turner figure, I don't see why anyone would be interested in buying TNA. If the Carters pull out, I see it either becoming a very, very small time indie fed, or collapsing into nothingness. I don't think TNA as we know it has a chance without the Carters.

Exec #1: So Dixie, the product isn't selling, attendances are down, we can't afford half our talent, we can't afford to go on the road and your family don't want to pay the bills. What should we do?

Dixie: MOAR IMPACT..... *dribble*

Exec #1:I....errr... Dixie, no one is buying what we're already selling, why is making more if it going to sell more?

Dixie: MOAR TNA!! MOAR DIXIE ON TV!!

Exec #2: I really don't think...

Dixie: PUNY EXECUTIVE, DIXIE KNOW WHAT BEST FOR TNA!! MOAR DIXIE FOR ALL!! DIXIE SMASH PUNY TV RATINGS!! GRAAHHHH!!!

It being cool to hate on TNA passed a looooong time ago, mostly because the product did actually improve for a while. Hell, I'm happy to say TNA is no where near as bad as it's ever been right now. The point still remains, no one is watching regardless of whether it's good, bad or indifferent.