I prefer their "other" match..

Jimmy Redman

What I mean is, for any significant feud or series of matches, there's usually one match (or maybe a couple) that is generally seen as the best one. But then there are times when you find yourself liking one of the lesser-known or not as hyped matches of a feud better.

DC, for example, has said numerous times that he prefers Shawn vs Taker at Ground Zero over HIAC. I prefer the first Trish vs Mickie match from NYR over the much more famous WM one. Those are the kinds of things I mean.

My inspiration for the thread was much more minor, but from this year, I prefer the Kofi vs Cesaro from Raw with the title switch that happened before the much more highly rated Main Event match.

So, what are you examples of liking the "other" match better?

Ohhh man there are so many, especially older matches that were on house shows that were shown on the MSG Network and stuff like that.

Hogan and Savage had far better matches on a bunch of house shows in 86 and 87 than their 89 WMV match. I preferred Hogan vs Orndorffs regular one on one match from SNME before the more famous cage match they had on SNME later and their famous 70,000 Big Event show match. I have a house show match between Mr Perfect and Bret Hart which is much more fun than their famous SummerSlam 91 IC title match. I can't say I preferred it, but theres a cage match between Warrior and Savage which I liked equally as much as the Warrior/Savage WMVII classic.

Getting these old house shows and watched them is great and really reveals some completely ignored/forgotten gems. I'm still finding shows quite often now that I've never seen, so getting to watch matches from my favourite era for the first time in 2013 is wicked.

In terms of older matches, I think Flair vs Funk I Quit is usually the more praised match of the two, whereas I prefer GAB with the big post-match angle.

I'm pretty sure I liked the Savage vs Steamboat from one of the Gardens (Maple Leaf? Boston?) a month before Mania as much as WMIII, mainly because it filled in the feud a lot better with Steamboat going for revenge after the injury angle.

And yeah on a general note, WWF house show matches from the 80s are awesome.

I preferred Steamboat Vs Flair at the Chi Town Rumble, their first match of the classic 3 series.

The Original WarGames is still my favourite.

The Ironman match with Angle/Brock at Smackdown I thought was their best.

Austin Vs Rock at Backlash......... there is so many more.

Afterwards. The 12/9/02 Smackdown I believe.

They had a bunch of matches on SD over the years. The AWESOME one from 23/1/03. Two in I think August and October 2004. Smackdown in Japan from 10/2/05. The World Title (I think) match from April 2006, and then Angle's last ever SD match from 2/6/06.

I definitely prefer at least 12/9/02, 23/1/03 and 2/6/06 over Summerslam. Possibly others, but I can't be sure. And I like Summerslam A LOT, don't get me wrong. I completely love Angle/Rey as a match up.