perfect opportunity to get rid of world title...

Joshua7783

Cena and D Bryan win at hell in a cell....Cena uses his rematch clause(which he should still have after losing at summerslam) to get a title vs title match vs d bryan..unify the belts again, bam..bigger talebt pool to fight over the wwe title.

will never happen but its nice to dream.

Cena and D Bryan win at hell in a cell....Cena uses his rematch clause(which he should still have after losing at summerslam) to get a title vs title match vs d bryan..unify the belts again, bam..bigger talebt pool to fight over the wwe title.

will never happen but its nice to dream.

Little known fact about the rematch clause, it's only in effect for 30 days after the title changes hands. The more you know.

You might as well get rid of all the titles then Sean, they all mean d*ck these days. The world title holds a purpose to test to see if someone has the ability to pull of a"big" title run so they won't get rid of it. It;s just like the brand split, every 5 minutes someone comes along saying that it's the perfect time to unite the brands etc etc and it never happens.

That's what it more or is currently anyway. I don't like the idea of a mid-card title being called the World Heavyweight title. A title of that name should be the biggest or co-biggest in WWE, and if they aren't going to treat it as such, they might as well get rid of it, properly promote the IC title back to what it was, and create several months of good story out of unifying the title, and hopefully the new unified title can go on to be booked properly to try and restore some prestige to it. That's what I'd do anyway.

Look you go back to 2 titles, have a better talent pool involved in the story lines, use the rest of the tv time to build a tag team division back up, and give the low card guys more tv time. that's why it can go..i started this when i had to be REMINDED who the world champ was...i watch every week and honestly forgot. the world and us are irrelevant, and water down what the WWE and IC mean to people imo. as for Damian Sandow...it not like WWE has writers that could throw in a line in the script saying they'll still honor his briefcase for the for the title ifs its united...

A perfect example of what's wrong with WWE mid card titles is Wade Barrett's IC title run. With Barrett they had a perfect opportunity too build his reign quietly and at least try and bring some prestige to the title but all they did after a few months was lose interest and revert back to their stop/start booking system Edited by Ciaran The King

Look you go back to 2 titles, have a better talent pool involved in the story lines, use the rest of the tv time to build a tag team division back up, and give the low card guys more tv time. that's why it can go..i started this when i had to be REMINDED who the world champ was...i watch every week and honestly forgot. the world and us are irrelevant, and water down what the WWE and IC mean to people imo. as for Damian Sandow...it not like WWE has writers that could throw in a line in the script saying they'll still honor his briefcase for the for the title ifs its united...

We are in the middle of a massive angle that's "above" the titles excepting the WWE title because that's the motivation for Bryan so if the other titles aren't getting any exposure right now that's the reason.

I love th idea that what WWE need to do is get more lower card guys on TV. Like everyone who isn't currently on the show is a megatsar in waiting. WE NEED MORE ZACK RYDER DAMNIT!!

Plus I honestly don't believe that if you watch all WWE programming every week as you state you don't know who the world champ is. I don't watch any wrestling at all and I know so either you lie or you've had some kind of head trauma.

A perfect example of what's wrong with WWE mid card titles is Wade Barrett's IC title run. With Barrett they had a perfect opportunity too build his reign quietly and at least try and bring some prestige to the title but all they did after a few months was lose interest and revert back to their stop/start booking system

Nothing to do with Barrett being boring as all balls then?

The last decent IC reign I can think of would be Cody and the whole bringing back the old title gimmick. Before that...pfft...I honestly don't know who had the last great IC title reign before that? The last memorable one would probably be Santino and the Honk-a-meter. (note: I said memorable not great)

I think WWF had the right Idea it has the World title, IC title and Tag Titles, it should return to that, its all you need, all belts ment something and they were not redundate by other belts at the same level such as the US title. they only way haven't two lots of belts work is if smackdown is 100% its own show with zero cross over and having its own PPVs then its like it was ment to be from the start its own little company seperate from Raw which was its own to. the problem with that like they had with the brand split shows and ppvs is the lack of talent, the stars were spilt over the shows leaving a crappy under card which no one cared about and only one match on a PPV which they sort of did.

• 1 month later...

Yeah I would rather they saved it for Wrestlemania. I remember feeling the same back in 2001 when we first got the undisputed title & they did it at the December ppv.

I know doing it at Mania could cause issues with the Rumble winner but there are ways around that. For instance it could be a triple threat match. Or my personal preference would be have the Rumble winner challenge for one of the titles, have the Elimination Chamber winner challenge for the other, then in the main event the 2 winners face off for the undisputed title

Edited by Edgehead

All the title belts mean very little these days.

Everybody knows that the matches are all decided before hand. The McMahons even state they are not wrestling and it is all just 'entertainment' Very few matches of late have been won cleanly, interference and dirty tricks usually get the win. Hell, even the referees wear ear pieces so they can be told when to look the other way.

Anyone winning a belt cannot seriously be proud of their achievement in these circumstances, they can only be proud that they put on a great show. The belt could be called the world kiss management ass best belt for all the real purpose it now has.

At the moment just cheer your favourites and boo your bad guys, the belts make no difference, except to the pay scale of the holders.