WWE SmackDown Discussion Thread - October 11, 2013 from Columbus, OH (#738)

TPIB

http://www.talkwrestlingonline.com/images/shows/sd2.jpg

When

United States: Friday Night, Oct. 11, at 8/7c on Syfy

United Kingdom: Friday Night, Oct. 11, at 10PM on SkySportsHD3

Venue

Nationwide Arena in Columbus, OH

Confirmed Matches/Events

Battleground Fallout

Spoilers:

Credit:

wrestling-news.net

WWE Friday Night SmackDown

Airing This Week

The following results are from a recent WWE SmackDown TV Taping. The taping took place on Tuesday 8th October 2013 at the Nationwide Arena in Columbus, Ohio and will air on Friday 11th October at 11pm on Sky Sports 2 in The UK.

In Ring Segment:

Vickie Guerrero came out to open the show and showed a recap of herself and Alberto del Rio from RAW. Vickie said that The Big Show needed to be fired from his WWE deal a long time ago and says that his home is already for sale. Alberto del Rio’s music hit and he came out and said that he wants his WWE World Heavyweight Championship match against John Cena at the WWE Hell in a Cell pay-per-view to be cancelled and then proceeds to kiss Vickie Guerrero on the lips. Vickie says that Alberto should kiss her rear. Damien Sandow’s music hit and Vickie ended up making Sandow vs. Alberto del Rio for later in the evening. Del Rio hit Sandow with the mic and attacked him.

WWE Intercontinental Championship Match:

Curtis Axel © defeated R-Truth.

Tag Team Match:

Los Matadores (Fernando & Diego) (w/El Torito) defeated Los Locales. Post-match, a recap was shown of Shawn Michaels being announced as the special guest referee for the match between Daniel Bryan and Randy Orton at WWE Hell in a Cell. A video was then shown on screen announcing that The Rhodes Family (Goldust & Cody Rhodes) will take on Luke Harper & Erick Rowan of The Wyatt Family later in the evening.

6 Divas Tag Team Match:

Brie Bella & The Funkadactyls (Cameron & Naomi) defeated Kaitlyn, Natalya & Eva Marie. Post-match, Renee Young interviewed Goldust and Cody Rhodes in the back about their upcoming match against The Wyatt Family.

Singles Match:

Alberto del Rio defeated Damien Sandow. Post-match, a recap of John Cena on Good Morning America was shown.

6 Man Tag Team Match:

The Great Khali & The Prime Time Players (Darren Young & Titus O’Neil) defeated 3MB (Heath Slater, Jinder Mahal & Drew McIntyre).

Tag Team Match:

The Rhodes Family (Cody Rhodes & Goldust) defeated The Wyatt Family (Luke Harper & Erick Rowan) (w/Bray Wyatt)!

Really good show, was missing a big star but otherwise it was an entertaining episode.

Sandow/ADR was a good show long little ruck, Sandow looked like he belonged and Del Rio was as good as ever.

I even think Axel/Truth was a rather good match and Axel I think proved himself out there. Los Matadores also had another good showing.

Rhodes/Wyatt's was another good showing from both and Goldust looks better than ever but I just worry about his longevity in 2013/14 in WWE. Wyatt's looked strong in defeat.

Love to see a Cody/Bray feud

Goldust working the hot tag until it cried in the main was amazing.
I thought this was Erick Rowan's best work since being called up. His dead-lift of Goldust was amazing and the initial stare-down between the two was brilliant.

Does anyone know who was El Local / Ricardo's partner against Los Matadores?

EDIT - I did a bit of searching and El Local #2 was Tyson Kidd under the mask.

Archived