Negativity vs. Positivity (Misanthropy, Misery, Psychedelics & Squid-Racism)

etz

Son, you're speaking to the father of misanthropy here. I can just about tolerate humans on an individual basis, but as a race, one way or another, we're done and deservedly so. I'd happily die a horrible death along with the rest of humanity just to see it happen, so long as it was every single human.

Whatever came next couldn't possibly be as bad.

I get where you're coming from. I feel that way too sometimes. Other times I'm very optimistic. Humanity has potential for greatness. It's the system that's irreparably flawed and I honestly don't see how things can ever change for the better without some kind of intervention. Now I'm not talking biblically or anything like that. I dunno some kind of revolution of the heart and mind where people take the power from the corrupt and make them pay for all the atrocities. Maybe even the technological singularity where our tech becomes self aware and beneficial to the human race as a whole. More than likely it would realize we're a plague and go all skynet on us but I can't give up hope. I just can't.

Without hope of a better future for all of us I have nothing left and no point in this life anymore. There is literally nothing left for me besides hope and I can't let that go. I just can't. I have too much love in my heart and I know most of humanity does too. It's the minority that are true c*cksuckers and need to be dealt with.

Maybe it's time for a reset, I dunno.

Well generalising even further, aren't most people (regardless of social awkardness of anything else) a little bit weird?

Yes. :P

Well there's this strange thought process that if people are awkward around people or shy, they must be weird. The problem is, this seems to be an acceptable thing for people to say or think, which is strange really seeing as its no more than a stereotype. Whats weird about being shy, for example? Plus, its easy to label people you dont know. What if the person who is socially awkward that you are calling weird has autism? My 4 year old is autistic, I'm sure throughout his life he is going to be called weird and all sorts of things by people who just think he is a loner.

And this is exactly why I don't trust anybody.

I'm socially autistic, have extreme social anxiety, I've always been very shy and I'm a loner. But underneath all that, I'm just a normal, dull, boring person, and because of that I hate all of the stereotypes people use.

I'd happily die a horrible death along with the rest of humanity just to see it happen, so long as it was every single human.

That's the most selfish thing I've ever heard.....in fact, the very idea of wiping out every innocent person alive to get rid of the evil side of humanity is far worse than anything the current bad state of humanity can do.

I think, one on one, most people are good. If they weren't the world would be way worse than it is. This is why I can't really abide the idea of killing on an individual level,

The issue with humanity as a whole is that we build systems which distance us from each other and the world around us and allow us to treat other people and our environment appallingly. That's nothing new, we have been doing it since we came out of the frigging trees, and until we can find a way to stop being, collectively, monumental dicks, then it'd be better to give anything else a chance.

To run with the idea, squid are more deserving of life than the most innocent "normal" adult human because squid have never even conceived of evil, let alone committed any. Whereas the average "innocent" human commits a vast array of evil simply by existing and living in the world we do.

The issue with humanity as a whole is that we build systems which distance us from each other and the world around us and allow us to treat other people and our environment appallingly. That's nothing new, we have been doing it since we came out of the frigging trees, and until we can find a way to stop being, collectively, monumental dicks, then it'd be better to give anything else a chance.

Look at it this way, how long have people been killing each other in senseless wars, making animals extinct and committing acts of human suffering? Thousands of years. Long before you existed.

And if you look back on all the evil that humanity did in the past, I'd say humanity is doing pretty good, all things considered.

To run with the idea, squid are more deserving of life than the most innocent "normal" adult human because squid have never even conceived of evil, let alone committed any. Whereas the average "innocent" human commits a vast array of evil simply by existing and living in the world we do.

And how do you know that if squid did take over the world, that they might evolve a few thousand years later and repeat everything bad that humanity ever did, but 100 times worse?

Besides that, I don't trust squid.

Look at it this way, how long have people been killing each other in senseless wars, making animals extinct and committing acts of human suffering? Thousands of years. Long before you existed.

And if you look back on all the evil that humanity did in the past, I'd say humanity is doing pretty good, all things considered.

If you legitimately think humanity is doing well for itself and by each other, then I'm out because those are some thick rose colored glasses. I'll cop to being probably slightly more "doom and gloom" than is strictly warranted, but you're in full on head-in-the-sand mode.

...slightly?

Hey guys can we lay off the invertebrate hate, I'm one eighth squid on my Father's side and I don't appreciate the way you're talking about them.

I'm not saying all squids are bad, I just don't see why you can't just stay in the sea. The issue is when you've got squids coming onto the land, often illegally, and they don't want to fit in, they don't want job, and they just refuse to play by human rules. If they're so intent on living like squids, then why ever leave the sea? I just don't think nature ever intended humans and squids to live side by side.

Edited by John Hancock

If you legitimately think humanity is doing well for itself and by each other, then I'm out because those are some thick rose colored glasses.

Do you seriously only focus your attention on the negative side of humanity? Because if you looked into the positive side of humanity, you'd see that there are plenty of things that prove you wrong.

Besides that, I don't know who made you the authority on the worlds problems anyway.

I'll cop to being probably slightly more "doom and gloom" than is strictly warranted, but you're in full on head-in-the-sand mode.

And you're in full on warped mode.