WWE Battleground 2013 Discussion Thread - October 6, 2013 from Buffalo, NY

TPIB

The inaugural edition of WWE Battleground will come to you, live on pay-per-view, on October 6 from the First Niagara Center in Buffalo, NY.

The official theme song for Battleground is "The Mighty Fall" by Fallout Boy (f/ Big Sean), off of their newest album, "Save Rock and Roll".

http://i40.tinypic.com/25u7eqh.jpg

Confirmed Matches/Events

WWE Championship:

Randy Orton vs. Daniel Bryan

CM Punk vs. Ryback

World Heavyweight Championship: Hardcore Match:

Alberto Del Rio © vs. Rob Van Dam

Hired or Fired: Non-Title:

Goldust & Cody Rhodes (with Dusty Rhodes) vs. Seth Rollins & Roman Reigns

Intercontinental Championship:

Curtis Axel © vs. R-Truth

Bray Wyatt vs. Kofi Kingston

Divas Championship:

AJ Lee © vs. Brie Bella

Kickoff Exclusive:

Dolph Ziggler vs. Damien Sandow

If Goldust & Cody Rhodes win, then they both get their jobs back, but if they lose, then Dusty Rhodes loses his job at NXT.

Edited by TPIB

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If D-Bry wins the strap will he be the first person to ever win the title at 3 consecutive ppvs??

Come to think of it is he the first person to ever win it at 2 consectutive ppvs?

Yokozuna won it at WrestleMania IX and King Of The Ring 1993, though that was in the era where PPVs were several months apart

So, they've added four new matches to the card- Curtis Axel vs. R-Truth for the IC Title, AJ Lee vs. Brie Bella for the Divas Title, Dolph Ziggler vs. Damien Sandow on the pre-show, and Goldust & Cody Rhodes vs. Seth Rollins & Roman Reigns with the stipulation that, if Goldust & Cody Rhodes win, then they will get their jobs back, but if they lose, then Dusty Rhodes loses his job.

Right off the top, I have to take immediate issue with WWE burying Dolph Ziggler even further by putting him in a random pre-show match against Damien Sandow. Outside of the fact that they apparently hate Ziggler with a passion, it does not make any sense whatsoever to just completely throw out Dolph's feud with Dean Ambrose for no apparent reason. How WWE refuses to push Dolph Ziggler is infuriating and mind-boggling to me.

I love the fact that, just because Brie Bella got engaged to Daniel Bryan, that makes her the #1 Contender for the Divas Title. I guess getting engaged can do wonders for your WWE career.

I really hope R-Truth gets the Intercontinental Title. Of course it won't happen, but it would be nice. As expected, the Curtis Axel experiment has proven to be a failure. Curtis Axel is pretty much nothing like his father in the least. He has no charisma, very little in-ring ability, and cannot draw heel heat to save his life. Axel has been given more than enough chances in the WWE. He should have been let go ages ago.

I honestly can't see this Rhodes angle going on past Battleground (at least not the current incarnation of the angle) and I can't see them just "firing" Dusty Rhodes and keeping Cody off of TV either, so I see a Rhodes win happening here. Too bad it's not for the tag titles.

Edited by TPIB

WWE are pushing the pre-show hard. Being on it isn't a burial.

I feel I need this to just copy and paste every month when they make the card and someone says "Why are they burying _____ on the pre-show?!?!"

I'm pretty sure I said the exact same thing for Night of Champions.

WWE are pushing the pre-show hard. Being on it isn't a burial.

I feel I need this to just copy and paste every month when they make the card and someone says "Why are they burying _____ on the pre-show?!?!"

but if it was going enough to be on the show, it wouldn't be on the pre show? burial maybe not but not a great step either, you would rather be on the actual show not the warm up act, however you spin it is not great

but if it was going enough to be on the show, it wouldn't be on the pre show? burial maybe not but not a great step either, you would rather be on the actual show not the warm up act, however you spin it is not great

It's not spin, it's reality.

WWE have been pushing the pre-show hard for ages now. They talk it up constantly, they want to drive traffic to the Youtube channel AND want to use the pre-show to get late buys. So they put a semi-important undercard match on it to promote the thing. They put title matches and featured guys like the Shield and RVD on it.

The pre-show isn't like being on Sunday Night Heat or whatever your perception of the "pre-show" is. It's not a burial. The way WWE promotes it, it IS a part of the show itself, for all intents and purposes. It's basically the new PPV Opener.

But not actually on the PPV. so its not part of the PPV.

Ok, look at it another way. Is it better to be on the pre show or main show?

It depends.

It's better to be in a "main event" match on the PPV than it is to be on the pre-show.

It's lateral to be in a midcard match on the PPV or on the pre-show.

It's better to be on the pre-show than to be the Divas match or a pre/post-main event piss break match.

I would personal disagree with you. I think its better to be on the show than not more people will see you perform it gives the match more attention and it will feel more important. i am not saying its a burial its not as it could be. if you were a serious upper mid card player you would be in the main show all the time in that position. if your not then your not.