Does entrance music make the star?

King

I was just thinking about this after looking at Matt's video thread, from the early days of Real American to DX and the NWO and the glass shattering of Stone Cold and even The Rock's can you smell, do ye think their music really helped to build them.

I mean nowadays most have boring generic music that no one cares about, only Punk and Orton have tunes that people know and get a major pop.

Even Brock's music suits him perfectly, I think that was the last good tune the WWE produced.

What do ye think?

yeah, with Belty on this one. It can't make up for any deficiencies but it can help put over something already very good. The Shield's music for instance would be lost on the group if it was Jinder Mahal, Khali and Hornswoggle but for the group as is it just adds to their gimmick.

I think it's important for all wrestlers as it gets the crowd involved in what is happening straight away. A guy comes out to a generic rock song and nobody cares but the fans will pop for a good entrance theme, so it provides the wrestlers with an opportunity to get the crowd into what is happening before they step into the limelight. A theme's purpose is almost like a warm up act for a top comedian. The comedian may be consistently great but if he goes out to a hot crowd, he's going to get even better reactions for his jokes than if he walks out to a flat crowd, so it sets the tone. It won't make or break a career but I think it plays an important role in helping or hurting a wrestler.

To go one further, the start of a theme makes a difference too. Regardless of how good the music is, the first second of a theme makes a difference to how the crowd react. Lesnar, Triple H, The Undertaker, Randy Orton and so on, all have immediately recognisable entrances because of that first second of music. If a wrestler is going to make a surprise return or something like that, it helps if they have something at the start of their music which fans will react to straight away. Austin's glass breaking is probably the best example of this that I can think of.

I have to say, whenever I listen to the 3MB theme song (which is often), it makes me think of the SHIELD. If only 3MB were as awesome as their song :( I do like a lot of modern wrestler themes, but it seems like in the old days there was more effort to match the theme/style of the music to the character.

Tell me how wasting the career of Drew and Slater is awesome

Compared to who? They're guys getting regular TV time, Slater gets some mic time and they often get to have something closer to a proper match than a typical squash. In an age where the term "jobber" is pretty meaningless now that really to even be on TV you're at the "jobber to the stars" level they're doing very well for themselves. They got a spot, mot wrestlers don't.

To me personally it is a waste of Drew because half the time he's the guy standing at ringside while Jinder works, and the other half he's still in a comedic tag team which just doesn't suit his in-ring style at all.

It isn't about a push or winning for me either. I think Drew was being used perfectly as the Superstars anchor in 2010-11 because he was having 13 minute Superstars matches with everyone on earth, which is his biggest strength. F*ck a push, I just want the workrate.

Slater is being used perfectly. Jinder is useless and this hides that rather well so he's being used well. Drew could definitely be used better because he's a comedic tag team jobber and not a 'chopping bitches in the face' singles jobber.