What is the one sport you WANT Vince to try his hand at?

Omega

Basically Magic and myself had a little joke on our F1 podcast about the idea of a Vince McMahon run Formula1 series or XF1 as we christened it. Fully contact, unlimited budgets, no technical regs...

So what other sports would you want to see Vinnie M<ac try and start and what changes would you want him to bring to the sports?

Well everything Vince touches that isnt wrestling dies on its ass so ideally I'd love him to completely take over every single cricket team, national and international, on the planet and wipe that sport out. F*cking hideously boring shite! I cant think of anything less interesting than sitting and watching cricket!

Cricket is an amazing sport full of excitement and non stop action. We recently had the ashes and it was a brilliant series and are currently in the middle of the ODI series.

I would like vinnie to take on football (soccer). the premier league could do with vinnie mac cutting a promo about the transfer window and screwing teams out of the title pulling off his howard webb mask and crying 'it was me chelsea, it was me all along'

Play the game fellas! :P :D

Snooker I can imagine would become a time limited match, the balls would be twice as big, the holes would all have random score multipliers on them that change every 10 seconds, everything is black velvet and lether, proper entrances not just walking out from behind a curtain. Maybe have 2 players playing at once with two different coloured "white" balls.

Amazing...

Cricket will always be a sport which some people like and some people don't, I've given up trying to convince people that it's not as bad as they think.
Not to continue to hijack this thread (sorry bro :lol) but it IS as bad as I think, because I've seen it and I hate it. For me, it's exactly as bad as I think, it's flippin awful. Not hard to believe people can actually hate it surely?

For the record, I too think cricket is the worst sport in the universe, and I have no real cultural reason to dislike it. I had a pretty British-centric upbringing, lived around Indians and Pakistanis all my childhood, and quite like baseball, so not having a horse in the race, not knowing the rules, and not being able to take slow paced sports isn't a problem for me, I just think it really sucks.

I think it's very charmless, there doesn't seem to really be anything fun about it, it's very straight faced and plain and small time. It's, by far, the least cool sport on Earth. There's nothing nostalgic and silly like baseball or rugby, nothing ridiculous and over the top like American football or ice hockey, nothing urban and cool, like dog racing and basketball, nothing visceral and primally alpha-male like boxing or martial arts, nothing charming and proud and timeless like horse racing or motor racing, and nothing actually important like football. It's just very bland to me, very bland and boring and non-physical, which sort of misses the point of sport for me, and no one involved seems to be having any fun. I'm all for a game of cricket in a park with your mates for about ten minutes if there's nothing else to do, but taking it to a professional level interests me as much as professional tin-pin bowling, although at least that has wacky retro shirts.

And, for the sake of not derailing the thread, I think Vince McMahon should try his hand and fencing.

EDIT: I said that to be flippant, but I now actually mean it. Worked fencing would be awesome, they could have fights all over the arena, have two swords and the same time, fencing royal rumbles, big crazy swords, discrepancies in weight and height, cool costumes, it would just be a sort of live action Errol Flynn sword fight. I want worked fencing at once.

Edited by John Hancock

I don't know if this is common knowledge amongst wrestling fans in the way that it is amongst MMA fans, but Vince was incredibly close to owning the UFC. Shane McMahon, being the only sane member of the family left, told Vince to buy it when the original owners were looking to sell, but Vince said no, because he didn't see the sports going anywhere, so they sold it to the current owners instead, which is why Vince is really, really insanely weird about the UFC and Dana White specifically and challenges him to weird celebrity fights and nonsense like that.

Vince isn't that weird about Dana White. They're both friends and Dana goes to him to chat about stuff, most likely how to arrest anyone who live streams shows.

That's what I think the weird thing is, they have breakfast, and then Vince wants a live fight. Vince is just weird in general though, so everything he's involved in, and every relationship he has is, by extension, also weird. He's personal friends with Dana White, then bans CM Punk from UFC T.V., tries to use his media pals to get the UFC banned in "Europe", and occasionally just talks shit about the UFC for no reason. Even Dana himself has said he doesn't really get why Vince acts like how he does, and once called him "an animal" in a sort of half-positive, half-negative way.