WWE SmackDown Discussion Thread - September 13, 2013 from Ottawa, Ontario (#734)

TPIB

http://www.talkwrestlingonline.com/images/shows/sd2.jpg

When

United States: Friday Night, Sept. 13, at 8/7c on Syfy

United Kingdom: Friday Night, Sept. 13, at 10PM on SkySportsHD3

Venue

Scotiabank Place in Ottawa, Ontario, Canada

Confirmed Matches/Events

WWE Hall of Famer Edge to Make a Special "One Night Only" Appearance

Final Build to Night of Champions

Spoilers:

Credit:

wrestling-news.net

WWE Friday Night SmackDown

Airing This Week

The following results are from a recent WWE SmackDown TV Taping. The taping took place on Tuesday 10th September 2013 at the Canadian Tire Centre in Ottawa, Ontario, Canada and will air on Friday 13th September at 10pm on Sky Sports 2.

In Ring Segment:

The Big Show came out to open the show and says that he has to apologize for his behaviour on Monday to Triple H for not doing a simple job and that he has to apologize to the WWE Universe for not doing his job and letting us down. Triple H's music hits and he came out and explained to The Big Show how to run a business. Triple H says that The Big Show is suspended for the night without pay and because Show is broke, this will be a big deal to him. The Shield's music hits and they come out to attack Show, who manages to get the upper hand for a brief while, however the numbers game took over when Roman Reigns hit Show with a chair. The segment ended with The Shield hitting the triple powerbomb on The Big Show. Post-match, it was announced that later tonight, Michael Cole will interview Paul Heyman and Curtis Axel about their match at WWE Night of Champions.

6 Divas Tag Team Match:

Alicia Fox, Layla & Aksana defeated Naomi, Natalya & Brie Bella via DQ due to interference from AJ Lee. Post-match, all of the Divas fight. It was then announced that Dean Ambrose will take on Dolph Ziggler later in the evening.

In Ring Segment:

R-Truth and Fandango came out for a dance off, however The Miz interrupted wearing a big afro, followed by The Great Khali out next to join the competition. Everyone danced, except for Fandango and Summer Rae. Fandango got on the mic after The Miz won the competition and said that all 3 are a disgrace to the art of dancing. Fandango was knocked out of the ring. After this, the Divas came back out and re-done the brawl from earlier with Naomi, Natalya and Brie Bella beating down on AJ Lee.

Backstage Segment:

Ryback is in the back with a local wrestler, who notes that he’s 6'4'' and 180lbs and wants to be in the ring with Ryback, but gets slapped. Ryback says that his dream is to beat people like him.

Backstage Segment:

Vickie Guerrero says that Ricardo Rodriguez will not be in Rob van Dam's corner at WWE Night of Champions, as she fears for his safety. Vickie then announces that Ricardo will face Alberto del Rio tonight and starts laughing.

Singles Match:

Santino Marella defeated Damien Sandow.

In Ring Segment:

Michael Cole came to the ring and introduced Paul Heyman and Curtis Axel. A video then played on screen showing the issues between CM Punk and Paul Heyman. Curtis Axel got on the mic and said that CM Punk won't get to Paul Heyman, because CM Punk can't beat Curtis Axel. Heyman said that he's not a man of war and is an advocate of peace and calls for a public boycott of the handicap match at WWE Night of Champions and says that if people buy WWE Night of Champions, they're going to see CM Punk get his hands on Paul Heyman and says that CM Punk will find a way to get around Curtis Axel and get his hands on him. Heyman says that if people buy the event, they're going to see CM Punk slaughter him and says that he can't believe this is the last time fans will see him and says that he will always love CM Punk.

Singles Match:

Alberto del Rio defeated Ricardo Rodriguez. Post-match, Del Rio attacked Ricardo, however RVD made the save and celebrated with the World Heavyweight Championship.

Singles Match:

Dolph Ziggler defeated Dean Ambrose via DQ due to interference from Seth Rollins & Roman Reigns. The Uso's came out to make the save, leading to the next match.

6 Man Tag Team Match:

The Shield (Dean Ambrose, Seth Rollins & Roman Reigns) defeated Dolph Ziggler & The Uso’s (Jimmy Uso & Jey Uso).

In Ring Segment:

Edge came out to host "The Cutting Edge" and said that he hopes Christian tears The Shield apart when he returns. Randy Orton's music hits and he comes out to a huge amount of boo's. Daniel Bryan's music hits and he comes out to the biggest ovation of the night. Edge asks Orton how it feels to be a sellout, however Orton says that Edge is jealous, because he is a 10-time Champion, while Edge is just a talk-show host. Edge says that Orton forgets that he's an 11-time Champion and says that he knows what's best for business. Daniel Bryan says that his dream was never to be the face of a corporation, it was to become WWE Champion and says that at WWE Night of Champions, he'll become WWE Champion by beating Randy Orton. Orton attacked Bryan, however Bryan got the upper hand and applied the "Yes Lock" on Orton. Bryan stood tall with the fans chanting "YES" to close the show!

That's like my mother's dream match right there. Too bad she slept through it.

Opening was AWESOME from all involved, but mainly the Big Show. His "going down swinging" fight against the Shield, with absolutely nothing to gain, but just hammering everyone in sight out of pure frustration, it just ruled. Big Show DIVING OFF THE ANNOUNCE TABLE is insane. Absolutely insane. He's almost the biggest bump taker in the company, at 450 odd lbs. And then the inevitable and the poor bugger is just destroyed with that chair.

I feel like the turn is inevitable; he has been humiliated at every turn and it feels like he can't really take any more abuse, but I sincerely hope I am wrong because another Show turn feels stale and I personally would much rather cheer the man.

Miz still came off as kind of a dweeb in the dancing segment, but it was actually a stark improvement over the usual babyface Miz. He needs to be THAT Miz all the time, a guy who is charismatic and able to think on his feet and have fun. Basically the guy from Lopez Tonight. Not the smarmy douche who rattles off the same lines that got him heel heat. The fun, comfortable-in-front-of-camera, entertainer Miz. Get on it Double Double E.

R.D. EVANS was the jobber that Ryback bullied.

I have not been enjoying JBL lately, but let me say, between "He's making a mockery of a serious competition!" and bringing back the classic "You have to give credit to Ricard-" "NO I DONT!", JBL was pretty great on this show. The key to JBL when he was amazing was that he was hilarious while being a heel, not that he was overbearing and annoying while being a heel. He was on the wrong side, but he made you want to listen to him, whereas now he generally makes me want him to shut up and go away. More of this JBL please.

The Shield match was good stuff, and Bryan and Orton were good in the main segment. This was quite a good show.

Vickie bans Ricardo from NoC, then puts him in a match with ADR. If you look at it like this, it means Ricardo - by way of Vickie - is now a Corporate target.

I've posted this elsewhere, but I fully expect ADR to go Corporate, with he and Triple-H trying to force Ricardo to go back to ADR.

And I fully expect Ricardo to snap and unload with a pipebomb when it happens.

I think so, but at the same time I think it has a purpose. Ricardo was always way too over as a babyface to be a heel manager, there was nothing mean or dangerous about him, he's just an entertaining goof. But I think here, if he actually betrays a popular babyface to go back to Alberto, it gives him a kind of evilness that he was missing, because he's choosing to be a bad guy, if that makes sense. Whereas before he was just doing what his boss told him to do, sometimes reluctantly.

There's really nothing for Ricardo to do without Alberto, so they kind of have to pair them together, and at least this way he might be more effective as a heel.

Archived