Are you happy?

King

...... with the dealings your club made in the transfer window?

We made some good signings and got rid of some dead weight and got cover for most positions, so yeah I was happy as we now seem to have a good overall squad.Oh and we were able to hold onto Suarez which will be like a new player as much as I hate him.

Also I think Victor Moses on loan could be our best piece of business.

What about ye?

On a likert scale of;

Seriously Happy

Happy

Neutral

Unhappy

Seriously Unhappy

I'd put myself as happy.

I am pleased with many of the signing we made, and I do think we have a genuine chance for promotion if they can all click and gel quickly, and the European stuff doesn't take too much of a toll. Loved the signings of Mcclean, Holt, Barnett and Scott Carson. And I'm thoroughly looking forward to seeing how Nick Powell gets on. I am also happy with the fees we got for Mccarthy and Kone. Over £20m for those pair from Everton is terrific business from Uncle Dave.

However, we definitely need another striker, and we would have had one in the window but for a couple of unfortunate circumstances. I also would have liked a left back who isn't Steven Crainey, or an unknown Honduran. Had we managed to get Rhodes or Riviere from Monaco, and Aaron Cresswell from Ipswich, I would have seriously, seriously pleased.

Still, good window though and with the loan window opening I think we'll get another body or two in.

I still think we're lacking in a few areas. A centre back, left back and a winger are needed, and Dougie will look to bring in as couple of players on loan when the window opens.

I think we've bought well this window though. Jay Spearing is the main one, there's actually talk about him replacing Knight as Captain. He's been one of the few players to escape any criticism for our poor start.

Andre Moritz will be a really good player for us when fit. He was a part of Palace's run to get into the Premier League, and he's a creative player which we lack desperately. The only issue is that he has had no pre-season so he's a few weeks behinds in terms of fitness. I do think he'll be one of the first names on the team sheet when he's fully-fit though.

Marc Tierney and Alex Baptiste were both very good signings on free transfers. Both have the experience of being main-stays in a team which got promoted from the Championship. Both of them have replaced Marcos Alonso and Sam Ricketts like-for-like; but on lesser wages, so it was good business all around from Dougie.

Rob Hall - £450K - A player with great potential, he's had to bide his time so far but he's shown in glimpses what he's capable of. Still only young but I'm sure we'll see allot more of him this season.

Jermaine Beckford. Even though he has yet to open his league goal-scoring account, he's had pretty much sod all chances. The issue we've had with Eagles out, there's no one else in the team available and fit who can play them through balls and create opportunities for him. Medo, Spearing and Pratley are all decent players but they aren't creative players. Once Eagles and Mortiz are available, I'm sure Beckford will get the goals, he's a proven scorer at this level.

All in all, I'm satisfied with the work done given our financial situation. If we manage to shift some of our high earners off the books, then it would give Dougie more ability to get his own players in.

It's hard not to be happy with the signing of Ozil, but we needed more. Another centre back and a striker of top quality would have been perfect, if anything but to send Bendtner on his way.

Did Ozil pick up a knock last night?

He's an Arsenal player now so yes, probably.

Cheers!

Meh, sums up Celtic's window.

Boerrigter and van Dijk look like really, really good players. van Dijk is going to be another Wanyama, he'll leave at a huge profit in a couple years. Boerrigter might be a bit of a sicknote case, I hope I'm wrong.

Mouyokolo should be a decent back up and a good solid "ME SEE BALL ME KICK BALL" defender, something we needed.

Balde is very raw, very very raw. Couple of years and we could either have the new Lukaku or the new Heskey. Undecided which one is going to happen. Coaching of him is going to be the key.

Pukki could be a megastar if he lives up to the hype and promise.

Biton is the exciting one for me. From what I've seen (admittedly on youtube clips) he looks like a decent player now, and he's only going to get better. 6ft 5 and fast with it, he could be the lynchpin of our midfield for years to come.

Out? Wanyama was good business. 900k into £12.5m in 2 years? Can't argue with that. He'll be missed though. £5m for Hooper was about right, given the last year of his contract status. He left the right way, never moaned or complained. wish him the best. Wilson going to £2.5m was a shock, but again, he did things the right way. Wanted to go back home to be with his family, can't argue with that. Again, free transfer to £2.5m in 2 years. Good business strategy if nothing else.

Murphy, McCourt, Lassad and Rogne are no big loss.

Watt out on loan is interesting. He needs games, and apparently, needs to be out of Glasgow for his ego's sake.

I think Arsenal fans can and should be delighted with our transfer dealings this summer. All year we've been hearing that we should be signing a new striker, that we haven't had a "proper DM" since the days of Flamini, that we need a new goalie, and that we cannot attract any big names or compete with the moneybags clubs.

In response to those criticisms, Arsenal bedunked £42m on Mesut Ozil, one of the 10 best players on the planet. We went and signed our first "proper DM" since the days of Flamini in, erm, Mathieu Flamini. And we've got Emi Viviano on loan, an Italian international goalie to provide cover and competition to Szczesny.

Many fans, including Boyo, can be a little underwhelmed by the signing of Sanogo. For me at least, it's not just the signing of him, as he looks to be a decent player, but the lack of another, especially as we were in for Higuan and Suarez.

The only thing I will say is that we've already got a versatile and talented squad. Poldi and Walcott can play up front. Giroud's started like a house on fire (or a US national park on fire if you want to be topical). Sagna can play CB, Flammers can play either fullback. Ramsey has been the best midfielder in the league early doors.

So yeah. Excited! Optimistic. Salivating at the prospect of Cazorla and Ozil playing silly beggars in the final third.

Cheers!

Yes and no. I think all of Chelsea's signings have been solid, and, other than Eto'o, they're all good investments for the future, because they're all young and growing. That said, no one from my imaginary shopping list was bought. No solid centre-back, no full time holding midfielder, no world class striker. Come January, I'm going to be calling for the exact same sorts of players I was in the Summer, which isn't a good thing, but I don't think Chelsea bought made any bad signings. The closest thing to a bad signing was Willain who looks a little bit pointless right now, but I guess we'll see when he starts playing.

Mignolet, Toure and Sakho - delighted with these 3. All bought for reasonable fees (or free in Kolos case) and improve the first 11. Toure has actually shocked me with how good he's been. Him and Sakho will probably be our first choice center back partnership this season.

Moses and Cissokho on loan - Cissokho is a bit meh, but we needed cover for LB so he'll do for this season. If he ever finds his form from 3/4 seasons ago with Porto/Lyon we'll have a great player, but that's doubtful. Hopefully Moses feels he has a point to prove and plays out of his skin.

Aspas/Alberto/Ilori - not so happy with this. Alberto and Ilori might both turn into great players in the future but I would of rather spent the 20+ million of one player that would of came in and improved the first team straight away and might have made the difference between 6th and 4th.

According to the rags the feelers for Ozil's move were put out about a month ago by Ozil's father. Apparently City, Utd and Arsenal were approached.

City - no one seems to know their exact stance - but they don't seem to have been interested at all. Utd seemed to be kinda interested, but stalled as they thought they had better in Kagawa and Rooney. Maybe if Rooney went they would have acted. Arsenal declared an interest but kept on bidding for Suarez.

Ozil's father was hoping Utd would make a move. Apparently though, very little actual interest was shown in Mesut whatsoever. This was probably due to Tottenham drag-drag-dragging their heels in the Bale transfer. Real would never sell Ozil if they didn't sign Bale.

And I doubt we'll ever know the exactities of the final stages of the transfer, but it's fair to say when news spread that Arsenal, bah Gawd, had actually bid actual £40-odd million for Ozil AND the player had spoken to Wenger and been convinced enough to sign... then it appears PSG and Utd played their hands and lost.

Honestly, if you went back a month and asked Ozil himself who he'd like to sign for, I doubt he'd have said Arsenal.

Arseblog says the real hero in all of this was Ozil's Werder Bremen teammate, and current Arsenal captain, Per Mertersacker, who has - so they say - turned Ozil's head at the German team meet.

Cheers!

As far as Tottenham are concerned I am fairly happy. We signed well and purchased some really good young talent. I like the look of both Paulihno and Capoue, they don't stop running and they seem like really slick passers.

I also think Soldado was a good buy but I feel he needs either Lamela or Eriksen just in behind him to create the chances.

The only deal I wasn't so happy about was Spurs decision to let Caulker go. He is a very talented centre back and someone who I saw cementing his place in the team this season

Edited by Ciaran The King

Paulinho.. Doesn't stop running? Are you having a laugh? He is the laziest bastard I've ever watched on the football field. Against Palace he passed up SO many runs which could and probably would have been deadly runs that cuts the defence in 2 simply because, this is how it looked anyway, he couldn't be arsed.

Far far far too early to judge Paulinho. Initial showings suggest Spurs have grossly overpaid on an incredible piece of mediocrity, however he's only just joined, is getting used to his teammates, etc etc etc.

Spurs will need at least a season to settle. Hopefully they can get a Europa place otherwise AVB's gone and it'll be all change again.

Cheers!

Agreed, he's bought himself into a corner this year. It would be a shame if he does go though, because Tottenham need a but of a vision guy like him, plus, it adds a cool master vs. apprentice dynamic to the Tottenham/Chelsea derby, in which Mourinho becomes Darth Vader, and AVB is Luke Skywalker, and Roman Abramovich is Emperor Palpatine, and anything that reminds me of Star Wars is instantly good.

D. L. Collingswoth; Proprietor.

Also, I missed the obvious fact that Ferguson is clearly Obi Wan. Vader was meant to inherit his legacy and maintain order in the universe, but the lure of the dark side was just too strong, it was already in him, and now that Obi Wan is ghosty and invisible, everything's all Empire Strikes back and Vader's running shit. So I guess Moyes is whoever's job it was to look after Hoth.

Edited by John Hancock