Damien Sandow- World Heavyweight Champion?

TPIB

POTENTIAL SPOILERS

This is a question I have been pondering since Damien Sandow won the Money-in-the-Bank contract for a future World Heavyweight Title match. Is the WWE really considering putting the belt on Sandow? This question has become even more interesting in recent weeks as WWE has taken to jobbing Sandow out to the likes of Cody Rhodes, Rob Van Dam, and even R-Truth. In my honest opinion, having Sandow successfully cash in would be a mistake. Sandow is a good mid to lower-card talent, but putting the title on him would be another mistake in the history of the Money-in-the-Bank contract.

While I agree that the World Heavyweight Title has been made pretty much pointless in the modern era, it doesn't change the fact that Sandow is just not main event material. While putting the title on Sandow would not be as bad as some of the other wrestlers that have held that title (Khali, Swagger, & Mysterio come to mind), it would still be a big mistake and would definitely send the World Title in the wrong direction.

Anyways, what are your thoughts? Could Damien Sandow have a creditable reign as World Heavyweight Champion?

This question has become even more interesting in recent weeks as WWE has taken to jobbing Sandow out to the likes of Cody Rhodes, Rob Van Dam, and even R-Truth.

You say this like it's a new development when it comes to WWE putting over MITB winners. The trend is they job a lot. That's the way it has been for a while now. See Daniel Bryan, Dolph Ziggler, etc.

Sandow may not be a main eventer but the WHC is only really a midcard belt these days so it doesn't really matter. Personally I'm sick of Del Rio so I'd be happy to see it on Sandow but I can't see him cashing in on Del Rio.

Hopefully RVD will take the strap at NOC then we'll see what happens with Sandow

Sandow isn't gonna be champion any time soon so for now they aren't going to rush him as he needs months of rehabilitation to be considered a World Champion. Then again if Sandow does win I see him having cheap wins.

Even so I feel Sandows promotion has been rushed. Would have liked to have seen an IC title reign before the step up to the heavyweight scene.

Yeah I'm a fan of the guy but I feel it's way too soon, I still feel like he's one of the 'new guys' and I don't know him that well, and though he's been a lot of fun on the mic, I can't think of a proper match he's had that's really good or stands out.

That being said, I hope in the next year he gets more time and we get to know the character, and then can rejoice when he cashes in :)

• 3 weeks later...

Because it was Crash TV moving a million miles a minute and they had numerous title matches on TV and a plethora of multi-man matches.

It's funny but in the current age of "everyone gets a turn", the belts are still less "tossed around" than in the Attitude Era. But back then the belt was tossed around between main event stars and not midcarders.