1. 1. When to pull the trigger?

• Night of Champions
    • Hell in a Cell
    • Survivor Series
    • Royal Rumble
    • Wrestlemania XXX
    • Other
    • Never

I like Disser's theory of having Bryan win the Rumble and then finally win the title at Mania.

I'd have him captain a team at Survivor series and as aluded to in earlier thread, have him be the HBK of '03 and ultimately lose valiantly. I'd probably then do the Hunter match at TLC in December, and then have him banned from the Rumble, forcing him to run a gauntlet or him a 3 on 1 handicap or soomething to even qualify for it. Then, raging that he's in the Rumble, they give him the number 1 spot, which he then wins, and goes on to 'Mania.

The only problem is getting from Night of Champions to Survivor Series. Too many damn PPVs.

EDIT: Or what Megs said works too, have the HHH match before Survivor Series, Hell in the Cell would work being HHH, and then you just need to find something to do at TLC.

Pretty much the same as Megz. Gets screwed out of his rematch at NoC, Vince/Trippers tell him he's never getting another title shot, the Daniel Bryan rampage begins.

Epic Survivor Series performance, but gets screwed out of an epic win (like Jimmy said in the other thread). Decides to exploit the only way he has of getting a title shot by setting out to win the Rumble. Trippers gets wind of this and stacks the deck against Bryan, slapping him in at the number one spot. Yet another EPIC Daniel Bryan performance where he goes from bell to bell in the Rumble, goes through three months of mayhem leading up to Mania, then finally takes the title at WrestleMania 30.

I've been saying it for a couple of months now, and I'm still pretty much certain that's how it should go down. Barring unforseen circumstances, Daniel Bryan is now firmly on his "Road to WrestleMania".

I'd keep the angle ticking over for the next few months with matches against The Shield, Triple H and others, before eventually putting him into the Royal Rumble. The week before, have Triple H offer him a match to decide whether he comes in first or last, to keep up with the insincere smugness, but to get #30, he has to win a 5 on 1 handicap match or something like that. When he eventually enters the Rumble at #1, have each Shield member be #2, #3 and #4, and do everything else possible to stack the deck against him. Have interferences from Orton, Triple H and others half way through the match and so on.

I hope the WWE are planning on building this up to WrestleMania because I think it has the potential to be a cracking angle, and I'm sure it'd be especially intriguing around Survivor Series with Big Show, Rhodes and maybe guys like Michaels helping Bryan out. I think it's got the potential to keep the fans interested for a long time, so I hope they aren't planning on ending it any time soon. After doing everything to stop Bryan getting the belt, they could then build towards an epic series with Punk, by having him sell out to the McMahon's and try to be the man to take the title off Bryan. Who better for the New Corporation to hire than the guy who had the longest reign in decades?

The WWE should think big with this one. If I was a booker, I'd be looking at ending the feud well into 2014.

There is no way that Daniel Bryans popularity lasts, at least at this level, until Mania. No f*cking way! This YES YES YES thing is wearing thin already and I know fans love to chant along to stuff but I'm certain waiting all the way until Mania for him to win the strap, especially seeing as he isnt going to be a long term champion, isnt going to be the best option. Plus, Cena will be back by Mania, he's not playing 2nd fiddle to DBry at WM, not a chance!

Give him the strap at the Rumble (and Cena the Rumble match win) and let him have his run until Mania where he can return the favour and the belt to Cena.

"YES YES YES" is wearing thin?

It has been going strong for over 18 months, and he and it are as over as they have ever been.

Wearing thin for me, I mean. It was cool after last years Mania, then he wasnt featured as stong so it wasnt overkill, but now he is constantly main eventing or featured, I dont think it will sustain. Its like FEED ME MORE. F*cking rubbish, annoying and lame as hell, yet the fans still chanted it well past its sell-by-date, because people in the arena generally like to chant along with stuff.

And you say he's over...yeah fair enough, but he over in the building, he isnt over to the point where he's making a difference business-wise, and thats now while its a fresh feud, another 7 months of his act with Triple H and Randy Orton making him look like a prat, I cant see him becoming a bigger draw, so headlining Mania with him going for the strap after 7 months of chasing and being screwed in an era where things are over in 4 weeks because people get bored, I dont see that happening.

Cena is winning the belt at Mania if he's ready to go I'm sure, not Bryan.

I thought wearing thin was a strange thing to say. Fair enough if its a personal thing, but it is absolutely not wearing thin to the fans at large. He's crazy over.

I agree that there's no guarantee that it will turn out well, but the aim is absolutely to make Bryan a bigger draw. Saying he isn't one without adding a "yet" at the end is a bit unfair since he has never been put in a position to do so until this point. The first sign for that will be the Summerslam number.

He's pretty clearly the biggest babyface and most over guy on the roster with Cena out, so it's not like they're backing the wrong horse. It just needs to be handled properly, whatever exactly that looks like.

I thought wearing thin was a strange thing to say. Fair enough if its a personal thing, but it is absolutely not wearing thin to the fans at large. He's crazy over.

I agree that there's no guarantee that it will turn out well, but the aim is absolutely to make Bryan a bigger draw. Saying he isn't one without adding a "yet" at the end is a bit unfair since he has never been put in a position to do so until this point. The first sign for that will be the Summerslam number.

He's pretty clearly the biggest babyface and most over guy on the roster with Cena out, so it's not like they're backing the wrong horse. It just needs to be handled properly, whatever exactly that looks like.

ok he isnt a draw yet, but doesnt saying yet insinuate he will be, he just hasnt gotten there yet? I dont think he will be. I'd put money on him not being a draw. And I like the guy, I think he's great, annoying, repetitive catch phrase aside.

He's over, he's a great wrestler, but he doesnt have 'the look' and he's extremely short. People can say what they want about size not being a factor in WWE anymore but it absolutely is, and he's never going to be 'the guy' so I dont see him being the man closing the 30th Anniversary of WM holding up the WWE title, especially if Cena is on the show.

And yeah I know Benoit and Eddie closed the 20th Anniversary and they werent stereotypical main event guys, buy you know what I mean.

I could be wrong, but I see him getting his run between Rumble and Mania and not at Mania.

So? Injury angle if you really need to have him off TV for a few weeks but you'd think it'd be easier to promote something with someone who was there week to week.

Plus who says he has to be challenging for the belt directly? If The McMahons say after N.O.C that he won;t get another shot then he can f*ck with the corporation until challenging Trips for a match and make that match for a title shot and Bryan can be screwed out of that one as well. Have him brutally beat down and then off TV for a few weeks and return at or just before SS to again cause them a problem and then build to the Rumble and then Mania.

IF you've got the idea of the "fan favourite" SS match they can be still mentioning Bryan and using him as th symbol for the cause so he can be still relevant without having to be main eventing every single week.

They did the Rock V Cena for over a year and the PPV did big business so the point is pretty moot. If they want to they can make it last that long.
No its not moot at all, WWE dont decide if something gets stale or not, the fans do, so they can draw it out for as long as they want, doesnt mean it will do business by the end of it.

And lets get real, you're comparing the Rock and Cena to Bryan and Orton. The Rock! The dude who was one of the biggest stars EVER and who hadnt been around for almost a decade, coming back and drawing huge and even then he wasnt on TV every single week, getting stale and he wasnt treated like a jobber or a fool getting decked, he was given the star treatment. So come on, lets not be silly here.

No its not moot at all, WWE dont decide if something gets stale or not, the fans do, so they can draw it out for as long as they want, doesnt mean it will do business by the end of it.

And lets get real, you're comparing the Rock and Cena to Bryan and Orton. The Rock! The dude who was one of the biggest stars EVER and who hadnt been around for almost a decade, coming back and drawing huge and even then he wasnt on TV every single week, getting stale and he wasnt treated like a jobber or a fool getting decked, he was given the star treatment. So come on, lets not be silly here.

I'm not directly comparing 4 people though, it's an angle, it's not just about Bryan so yeah. You're assuming that Bryan must get stale, and that's your opinion fair enough, don't make it true or more true than anyone else though. As Jimmy has stated it's not like Bryan is an overnight success or has got to where he is because of the best booking, he's over and why can't he keep that momentum going until the Rumble (since that's really the PPV where everything kicks off again)?

So lets not be silly and call other people silly for considering a different point of view, that would be silly. :D

I think the feud should be a lot easier to book over a long period of time without getting stale because there are so many characters involved. It's isn't just Bryan vs. Orton, you have the Big Show, Cena, Rhodes, Triple H, Vince, Stephanie, The Shield and others involved, which means there'll probably be quite a few interesting twists and subplots along the way. I expect to see a massive Survivor Series main event with Orton, Triple H and The Shield against Bryan and four others, so I don't see it becoming as stale as a typical one on one feud lasting several months.

Cena's role is interesting though because you'd expect the WWE to want to do something major with him when he returns but I'm not sure what that is. Maybe he'll just play second fiddle for a few months and feud with someone like Del Rio or whatever.

I'm not directly comparing 4 people though, it's an angle, it's not just about Bryan so yeah. You're assuming that Bryan must get stale, and that's your opinion fair enough, don't make it true or more true than anyone else though. As Jimmy has stated it's not like Bryan is an overnight success or has got to where he is because of the best booking, he's over and why can't he keep that momentum going until the Rumble (since that's really the PPV where everything kicks off again)?
I didnt say it was more true than anybody elses opinion, but I also dont feel the need, after I type my opinion, to add 'This is my opinion and it is in no way any more or less true than anybody elses' :lol So I mean that really goes without saying. He might kee his momentum going, but I dont believe he will for the reasons I already stated about.

In summary, those reasons are:

1. 7 more months in a long time to come up short before you eventually win and people might get bored of it.

2. He isnt the Rock, so he isnt going to get the superstar treatment protective booking and in 7 months WWE's booking for DBry as a guy who keeps getting beaten up might kill him.

3. He's not feuding with the main star in the company, he's feuding with Orton (who fans seem tired of in general) and Triple H, who will be the focal point of everything even though he isnt wrestling (You know, like how everybody says the same of Hogan and how tiresome he is etc).

And really, if you bring up Cena and Rock and say it worked for them, you are directly comparing the people involved. Rock and Cena are above Orton and Bryan and probably always will be, so comparing a year long angle between two of the bigger stars in company history and Orton an Bryan I dont think helps.

I think a big part of it is making sure that when Bryan loses it's not just him getting beaten up. There's a huge difference between him just getting beat down for 7 months, and him being constantly screwed out of matches for 7 months. I'd really like to hope that they could keep the momentum going without it looking like Bryan's being jobbed out left, right and centre.