Texeria #1 LHW contender

dannytsg

What do you all think of Glover as a fighter and do you think he stands any chance against the winner of Jon Jones vs Gustaffson.

Personally my belief is he is a powerful striker with an average wrestling base and ground game, however I feel he may be too old too late in the game to challenge against the likes of Jones and Gustaffson who are both superior in height, reach and technical skill in my opinion.

He's been rocked a few times in his last several fights from much lesser opponents. I like Glover, but I dont see him beating Jones. I dont see anybody beating Jones as it stands right now.

The only person I do see giving Jones an issue is Gustaffson, purely because of his stature and his wrestling ability. I think he matches Jones on size and strength however Jones may be slicker in the technique department.

As for Glover I think his only chance is the power he possesses but then against Jones there is that 84" reach to get inside of first before he can use his power anyway.

Gustaffson was mauled and submitted by Phil Davis' his wrestling ability doesnt match up that well to be honest I think it's the fact he has a similar reach to jones that gives him a little more edge and his striking is better than jones' but I can't see Gustaffson avoiding takedowns for long, I'd predict a late first round early to mid second round stoppage for Jones. Texiera has very good jiu jitsu and good striking but I don't know if he'll trouble jones too much.

I like him, and I think he absolutely deserves the title shot, but I don't see him troubling Jones too much, Jones is on fire right now.

This. Gustafsson is going to get mauled, Texeira as well. There's literally nobody at LHW who can cause Jones any trouble, other than Chael 'The Toebreaker' Sonnen.

Archived