WWE RAW Discussion Thread - September 2, 2013 from Des Moines, IA (#1058)

TPIB

http://www.talkwrestlingonline.com/images/shows/raw2012.png

When

United States: LIVE, Monday Night, Sept. 2, at 8/7c on the USA Network

United Kingdom: Tuesday Morning, Sept. 3, at 1AM on SkySportsHD3

Venue

Wells Fargo Arena in Des Moines, IA

Confirmed Matches/Events

Build to Night of Champions

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah I'm thinking the same as The Fury. It would be nice for Bryan or Show to end a RAW or SmackDown on top for a change instead of HHH's regime, even if it means just clearing house. Don't get me wrong, I do love this new faction, but it will get bloody annoying after a while if RAW and SmackDown has a similar ending every week. Great RAW as always though!!

Yeah, but it's all part of the build up. Where's the suspense if Bryan gets the upper hand after only 2 weeks. The key here is making the new faction look dominant, but not too dominant. If you get it wrong then it just ends up like the TNA vs Original MEM booking, where the good guys got nothing in on the bad guys at all.

I'm fine with Bryan and Show and everyone being beasted for the time being, because that inevitably leads to them all banding together to start to fight back.

Well Daniel Bryan is gonna have to get some serious Stone cold cans of whoop ass one-upsmanship soon or he could come across as a bit of a loser.

I'm just hoping there not building to a Big Show turn at Night of champions.

EDIT:

Triple H: Bully your employee's, insult them of their height and muscular size. Be a star. It's what's right for business

Edited by Gomi

Kayfabe everyone, alive and well in Gomi's head.

:D

Nah it just feels like Triple H performing his personal standup for shits and giggles again where he snarkly puts in his true feelings and insider comments that don't really benefit anyone. Kind of like around the cM Punk fued with the "skinny fat" comments (may have been Nash) and so on.

Don't get me wrong, I do believe the projection in the angle is to get Daniel Bryan.

Edited by Gomi

I didn't like the way they shoehorned the cliched "you made bad investments on the stock market" angle into Show's deal, it is an incredibly lazy plot point, a total cop-out and they really didn't need it at all. Show is actually one of the few guys for whom there is actual evidence to back up the idea that he loves being a WWE Superstar above everything else in life and would be terrified of losing his job. That should be motivation enough for him to be conflicted for now.

Other than that though, I thought Stephanie was a tremendously great dick in that segment. A total f*cking c*ck sucking pr*ck. When she delivered the line about giants not living as long as normal people my jaw legit dropped that they would get THAT cold with it, and then she brought it straight back with the concerned "the only person hurting worse than you...is me" line and the hug. Just utterly disgusting. I loved it.

I will say again. Troll McMahons are the best McMahons.

Also, Cody Rhodes was great.

JBL sucks.

Oh absolutely, I think that is exactly why it was done as well. I just wish they had come up with something a little more thoughtful than the same "you lost all your money on the stock market" line they used with Shawn.

I remember back in January 2012 (I know, I know) when Show ran over AJ Lee, and he cut this amazing promo about how he was this big clumsy oaf who had no place in human society because he's such a dangerous freak who could accidentally hurt innocent people, but that WWE was the one place where he could use his dangerous freakshow-ness for good and thrive. To me something like that is motivation enough for Show to portray the "Would give everything to keep his job as a WWE Superstar" character that WWE is trying to paint the entire roster - sans Bryan - as.

Steph kind of touched on it with the bit about being the World's Biggest Gas Station Attendant (great gimmick), and I realise that I'm just fantasy booking for myself because I'm the only one who remembers the nuances of the Big Show's character from three turns ago. But my point is, there were easily more creative roads for them to take with it than the most cliched, laziest deus ex machina around.

I wonder how the girl who has a photo of herself sat on Andre's knee felt about telling Biog Show he's going to die early...

Anyway, totally agree that there could have been something better than the stock market mess thing but I guess the issue is that technically he could go to another wrestling company so the whole "WWE is the only place I can use my freakishness" is a bit stupid in itself as well. You need the financial thing somehwre to justify why ONLY the WWE.