Best Wrestling Game EVER?

King

I enjoyed WCW v The World, but it's easy to see the evolution through that, WCW/nWo Revenge and on to WrestleMania 2000 (still the best career mode) and No Mercy.

I think No Mercy was the best for doing moves onto weapons (especially sweet when the bell would ding after DDT'ing or piledriving someone on to it), while Here Comes the Pain had the best actual chairshots in a WWE game.

The stock answer is always going to be No Mercy for most people, but as Beltmark said in a previous thread, it's like playing in slow-motion now.

I guess I'd say WWE '13 when playing Attitude Mode is the best wrestling game, although I have a feeling WWE 2K14's 30 Years of WrestleMania could top it.

On a side note, Legends of WrestleMania doesn't get enough credit and the first Legends of Wrestling had the best "name your CAW" section as you could literally pick from thousands upon thousands of combinations and have the announcer announce you as that name.

The WWE games really need a total overhaul on the names you can give your CAWs when it comes to the announcing them during the entrance and when the commentators refer to them during a match.

WrestleMania 2000 had a great season mode simply because if you played through it with a CAW and then continued a new season with a different CAW, the first one would still stay on the roster.

Over time, you could play season mode with a completely different roster and have a semi-unique version to everyone else.

• 1 year later...