Darren Young comes out as gay

Maxximus

This isn't really news but it's kinda interesting.

WWE superstar Darren Young just dropped a bombshell, telling TMZ, he's gay ... and no, this isn't part of the act.

Darren was at LAX Wednesday when we asked whether a gay wrestler could succeed in WWE, and Darren laughed, saying, "Absolutely. Look at me. I'm a WWE superstar and to be honest with you, I'll tell you right now, I'm gay. And I'm happy. I'm very happy."

For the record, Darren is now the first openly gay wrestler ever at WWE ... and the first headlining wrestler ever to come out while still signed to a major promotion.

Other pro wrestlers have been rumored to be gay, but that's it ... just rumors.

It will hurt his career

Yes

No

Bottom line: this is big, big news. For all its chauvinism and testosterone-driven bravado, coming out in WWE is tantamount to coming out in the NFL.

More plus video - tmz

Gotta respect the guy's bravery. It can't be easy to admit you're gay in professional wrestling.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Best thing WWE can do right now is just never refer to it and just let it be a totally personal thing. Otherwise he'll end up as Rico or Golddust or Orlando Jordan in TNA and just be some ridiculous pastiche. Fair play though, good to see something like this in reference to being progressive and not seeming to be 30 years behind the times.

John Cena puts over Darren Young who is now being called everywhere WWE's first gay superstar. Look to Vince to try and cash in on this perhaps.

[video=youtube;g2Yh3hw0vDM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g2Yh3hw0vDM&feature=youtube_gdata_player

edit: Nikki Bella looks like a Kraken in that thumb. :lol

edit edit:

Wait, wasn't Kanyon openly gay?

Edited by Maxximus