Hunter, Hogan and Selfishness (split)

How come everybody continually and unreasonably shits on Hogan for being the focal point (which he actually isnt) of shows he is on yet nobody seems to have a problem with Triple H sticking his massive beak in the main event of SummerSlam and becoming the complete focal point on the entire thing, totally stealing DBry's thunder?!

You people...F*ck that!

I mean, yeah, Trips is a c*nt, we all no that, no one in their right mind doesn't think he's an awful person, but the one thing he has over Hogan is that, one, this McMahon/Trips thing appears to be going somewhere and, two, he can still have good matches. The Hogan stuff is a bigger issue because it's a dead end, there's never the possibility of a match and it never really goes anywhere, it's just Hogan being Hogan, at least Hunter's douchey behaviour brings something to the table.

Plus, Trips doesn't do it AS much; he's not on the posters, his name isn't really anywhere on the website, he isn't in any of the SummerSlam headlines, he's listed as an "as well as" on the list of people are the press conference, and isn't in the pictures of the media events... Yes, Trips is a self-shoe-horning maestro, but he's no where near the Hogan level of having to dominate everything.

I mean, if you want to talk, on this forum, about dudes stealing star power for themselves, you've a better case with Dana White over in the MMA & Boxing Forum than you do with Triple H.

I dont even really think Triple H is a c*nt, I just hate that nobody seems to have a problem with whats going on here when they'd be falling over themselves to sh*t in their knickers if Hogan did the same thing.

Hogan is the GM who comes out and makes random matches for 5 minutes per show and then you dont see him again, sometimes for several weeks in a row. He isnt involved in matches, he isnt threatening guys, so there doesnt need to be a pay off any moreso than with Teddy Long, he is a match maker and thats all he ever does.

As for him being on posters, thats TNA's decision, Hogan of course will cop the blame for it, because he's Hogan and he cops the blame for EVERYTHING thats negative in wrestling, I'm surprised he hasnt been questioned over famine in Ethiopia to be honesnt. Cant blame the guy for everything, Hogan doesnt dominate anything, he's hardly ever on TV.

My point is, Hogan gets blamed for everything by clueless dick heads on the internet who dont even know what they are on about, regardless of whether its his fault or he has anything to do with it or not, yet Triple H is getting a free pass here, f*cking annoying double standard b*llocks!

Triple H and Vince need to f*ck off out of this main event, by all means feud amongst themselves, but if this show draws you know DBry will get zero credit and all the credit will go to Triple H.

Edited by The Beltster

Eh, I don't really consider myself as having a horse in the WWE/TNA race, but I don't reeeeeally have a problem with Trips being in the match, and Hogan on the posters does annoy me. It's easy to say it's not Hogan's fault, it probably isn't, but why assume it's Triple H's fault either? I'd assume it's Vince McMahon putting himself into the storyline by proxy.

Also, I think Triple H gets a LOT of stick from people for pushing himself. How many burial jokes have you heard? I'm pretty sure the concept has it's own specific gif (the little shovel dance). Plus, more innocently, maybe the people who aren't complaining want to see Triple H and don't want to see Hogan. I'd say Hogan is certainly more removed from being relevant than Triple H, and, I think, the Hogan hatred isn't specifically for Hogan all the time, it's also that he's a sort of embodiment for TNA's fascination with ex-WWF guys, and their inability to push anyone under the age of 40 properly. I think if WWE was in the state it was a few years ago, having Triple H in the main event would be a lot more offensive than it is. WWE's been pretty new-guy-heavy recently, so I don't think Triple H masturbating on live television is an endemic of the company's situation as Grandpa Hogan doing his flexing poses for the fourth decade is.

Plus, I mean, people don't like TNA, what else is new?

Eh, I don't really consider myself as having a horse in the WWE/TNA race, but I don't reeeeeally have a problem with Trips being in the match, and Hogan on the posters does annoy me. It's easy to say it's not Hogan's fault, it probably isn't, but why assume it's Triple H's fault either? I'd assume it's Vince McMahon putting himself into the storyline by proxy.

Also, I think Triple H gets a LOT of stick from people for pushing himself. How many burial jokes have you heard? I'm pretty sure the concept has it's own specific gif (the little shovel dance). Plus, more innocently, maybe the people who aren't complaining want to see Triple H and don't want to see Hogan. I'd say Hogan is certainly more removed from being relevant than Triple H, and, I think, the Hogan hatred isn't specifically for Hogan all the time, it's also that he's a sort of embodiment for TNA's fascination with ex-WWF guys, and their inability to push anyone under the age of 40 properly. I think if WWE was in the state it was a few years ago, having Triple H in the main event would be a lot more offensive than it is. WWE's been pretty new-guy-heavy recently, so I don't think Triple H masturbating on live television is an endemic of the company's situation as Grandpa Hogan doing his flexing poses for the fourth decade is.

Plus, I mean, people don't like TNA, what else is new?

First let me say this and make it 100% clear, this is NOT a WWE vs TNA issue, AT ALL. So before anybody comes running in with that tired old balls, this isnt WWE/TNA whatever.

I assume its Triple H's fault because he's the boss...I mean its not like he doesnt have the stroke to say no, right? I wouldnt be overly shocked if Hogan didnt even know he was on the posters seeing as he seems to have little or no interest in what hes doing in TNA himself, Triple H certainly knows he's been inserted into the main event of SummerSlam. He's doing it for his ego and hey, nothing wrong with that, but it doesnt alter the face we are staring right in the eye or yet another double standard.

And you cant put it down to Hogan being more removed from being relevant than Triple H or any of that stuff because people were blaming Hogan for shit in 1994 in WCW when he was still the biggest star on the planet in wrestling. Its the general anti-Hulk Hogan bias/double standard shit thats been driving me crazy for 20 years. Its my biggest pet peeve amongst ignorant wrestling fans. Lets blame one guy for EVERYTHING, but if anybody else does the exact same thing, we'll just let it slide, its alright.

Not liking TNA and whatever else, those are weak excuses that dont work. I dont care what people do or do not like, the situation is the same: part time old wrestler coming in and taking a bunch of heat off the younger guy(s). If Hogan does it, he's this, that and the other. Triple H is doing the exact same thing and its almost like lets go out of our way reaching for straws to make lame excuses for it.

I'm not offended by Triple H doing it, I'm offended by the same-as-always double standards.

But is it a double standard? I don't think Hogan and Hunter are doing the same thing at all. Hogan is the public face of a company he has very little to do with and Hunter is a post-peak guy putting himself in a main event for what appears to be no real reason. You can like or dislike either, or think either is worse than the other, but I don't think it's the same thing, I don't think Hunter is doing the things people complain about Hogan doing.

You're saying Hogan is the public face like thats a fact or even slightly true when its not. Why are you saying that? I mean, I dont even understand your logic in saying that, it seems like you are talking about Hogan and his TNA role in a way where you believe it to be true but without actually watching it or knowing anything about it.

Unless being on posters makes somebody the face of a company, you're wrong. Hogan doesnt wrestle, he isnt in ANY main events, he doesnt go over younger guys (he's had 2 matches since being in TNA for almost 4 YEARS, one match he won when Abyss pinned AJ Styles, so Hogan didnt go over anyone, and the other he lost to Sting, another old guy), the main people he feuded with and who bumped for him were Flair, Bischoff, Steiner, Sting and the rest of the retirement home crew. He crops up on TV in very short segments on Impact as a GM where he makes certain matches or stips, and then he buggers off again, sometimes for weeks at a time. He gets literally 5 minutes airtime a week, in that time he doesnt get put over, he doesnt put himself over and he talks up and puts over the young baby faces. He is TNA's version of Teddy Long or whoever is WWE's GM right now, he is just a bigger more recognisable name. How does his role make him the face of a promotion?

And all that aside, I'm not comparing what they are doing right now to each other. I'm saying IF Hogan did EXACTLY what Triple H is doing right now, people would shit on Hogan yet nobody seems to be taking issue with Triple H for it. I'm using a hypothetical: If Hogan was doing the exact same thing, coming in and slotting himself into the main event of SummerSlam at the last minute, 6 days before the PPV, people would be losing their f*cking minds. "Oh look at Hogan that selfish old c*nt trying to steal Daniel Bryans big moment" blah blah blah.

You cant have it both ways, what's good for one is good for the other when the situation is identical. It pisses me off when its not.

Edited by The Beltster

That's what I mean by "public face". I don't watch TNA, and I see Hulk Hogan a lot. When you go to (went to) Universal Studios, the Impact Zone has a, like, three story painting of Hogan on it and no one else, I always see him doing press conferences by himself, he's always doing the big interviews on the radio or on T.V., he's, yes, on all the posters.

When I say "public face", I don't mean he's the top guy IN the company, I mean he's the top guy OUT of it, as in, a guy who doesn't watch the shows, but does know what TNA is (i.e.; me) sees a lot of Hogan and very little of anyone else.

It's also kinda weird to be mad at people for not being mad about something because they might be mad if the same thing happened with someone else.

How come everybody continually and unreasonably shits on Hogan for being the focal point (which he actually isnt) of shows he is on yet nobody seems to have a problem with Triple H sticking his massive beak in the main event of SummerSlam and becoming the complete focal point on the entire thing, totally stealing DBry's thunder?!

You people...F*ck that!

To be honest though I don't really feel like Triple H has become the focal point of the entire thing or stolen Daniel Bryan's thunder either. I don't feel that it is for no reason, I feel that it is to lead to a HHH/McMahon feud or storyline that has obviously been building up. Since I started watching WWE again (roughly before Payback this year) I have barely seen HHH on-screen, hardly anything like he used to. When he does appear on TV, it is always something related to the McMahon power struggle which, as I said, I feel is leading to a storyline or going to culminate in a match (possibly at Mania). I don't know where you got the idea that the SummerSlam Main Event is now all about HHH, it seems you are just using it as an excuse to rant about the people who p*ss on Hogan.

And just to clarify, I am not one of those people who p*sses on Hogan. I agree with you what you said about him not dominating TNA. I just think you are over-reacting a little bit.

Bryan about to win. Trips hits him with the pedigree. Throws Cena on Bryan for the three count. Cena wins lol. I HEAR VOICES IN MY HEAD! RKO to Cena for the win. RKO to Trips after the pinfall. Vince comes out and raises Orton's hand. Leads to Orton Bryan feud, Trips heel turn feud with Vince and The ROAD TO WRESTLEMANIA!

Callin it now.

That's what I mean by "public face". I don't watch TNA, and I see Hulk Hogan a lot. When you go to (went to) Universal Studios, the Impact Zone has a, like, three story painting of Hogan on it and no one else, I always see him doing press conferences by himself, he's always doing the big interviews on the radio or on T.V., he's, yes, on all the posters.

When I say "public face", I don't mean he's the top guy IN the company, I mean he's the top guy OUT of it, as in, a guy who doesn't watch the shows, but does know what TNA is (i.e.; me) sees a lot of Hogan and very little of anyone else.

Using that logic, the public face of WWE is Triple H. He's the guy who does all the media stuff now, the guy who was all over the Performance Centre and so on. Since when did the guy who does all the media stuff become the face of the company? We (as in wrestling fans) have always used the term face of the company as the main guy on TV, now thats changing to suit arguments. I think thats a cop out.

Hogan isnt the face of TNA.

It's also kinda weird to be mad at people for not being mad about something because they might be mad if the same thing happened with someone else.
Be facetious all you like, its not weird in the least because it has happened many times over the years. Anytime Hogan has even slightly been seen to take spotlight from younger guys, the IWC have gone shoot spastic. Others can do it, no big deal.

Whatever, its nothing new. Doesnt make it any less annoying.

To be honest though I don't really feel like Triple H has become the focal point of the entire thing or stolen Daniel Bryan's thunder either. I don't feel that it is for no reason, I feel that it is to lead to a HHH/McMahon feud or storyline that has obviously been building up. Since I started watching WWE again (roughly before Payback this year) I have barely seen HHH on-screen, hardly anything like he used to. When he does appear on TV, it is always something related to the McMahon power struggle which, as I said, I feel is leading to a storyline or going to culminate in a match (possibly at Mania). I don't know where you got the idea that the SummerSlam Main Event is now all about HHH, it seems you are just using it as an excuse to rant about the people who p*ss on Hogan.

And just to clarify, I am not one of those people who p*sses on Hogan. I agree with you what you said about him not dominating TNA. I just think you are over-reacting a little bit.

I havent "ranted on" or defended Hogan in months, probably years, but this annoyed me. I dont need an excuse or whatever else you want to call it, this is a wrestling discussion forum, isnt this the exact place for me to give my opinion? Come on.

And yes, this is to build to something else, I just dont think DBry possibly winning his first WWE title in the main event of a huge PPV against the biggest star of the past decade is the right situation to use as a launching pad to something else involving other people! Warrior winning his first belt wasnt used to get Jack Tunney over!

I dont care for it and I dont like the double standard. I'm not asking you to agree, I dont care if people agree or not, its my opinion and its a pet peeve. I'm not over-reacting by saying why I dont like something.

Using that logic, the public face of WWE is Triple H. He's the guy who does all the media stuff now, the guy who was all over the Performance Centre and so on. Since when did the guy who does all the media stuff become the face of the company? We (as in wrestling fans) have always used the term face of the company as the main guy on TV, now thats changing to suit arguments. I think thats a cop out.

Then I think we're just disagreeing about semantics, because I think Hogan IS the public face of TNA, in the way that Dana White is the public face of the UFC, even though he doesn't fight, and Don King was the public face of boxing, and Jay-Z was the public face (to a degree) of the Brooklyn Nets. I don't see the difference between "guy who does all the media stuff" and "public face". To me, those are the same thing, so, if it means something else to you, fine, but we aren't arguing about the same thing, just the meaning of a term.

I havent "ranted on" or defended Hogan in months, probably years, but this annoyed me. I dont need an excuse or whatever else you want to call it, this is a wrestling discussion forum, isnt this the exact place for me to give my opinion? Come on.

And yes, this is to build to something else, I just dont think DBry possibly winning his first WWE title in the main event of a huge PPV against the biggest star of the past decade is the right situation to use as a launching pad to something else involving other people! Warrior winning his first belt wasnt used to get Jack Tunney over!

I dont care for it and I dont like the double standard. I'm not asking you to agree, I dont care if people agree or not, its my opinion and its a pet peeve. I'm not over-reacting by saying why I dont like something.

I never said that you need an excuse to voice your opinion, I said that I don't agree with you that HHH is doing what everyone p*sses on Hogan for which was the basis for everything you said. It makes sense storyline wise for this to happen, it is not as if it hasn't been built up to (with Vince's distaste for Daniel, HHH's liking of Daniel and their continuous power struggle) and hardly detracts from the match itself thanks to the brilliant work of Cena and Daniel to hype it up.

My point is that the main focal point of the match is still Daniel Bryan, despite HHH being put into the mix which does speak wonders about how popular Daniel Bryan has become. His thunder has not been stolen. Besides, we mostly all expect an Orton cash in anyway.

For the record, while at the moment I have the ability to laugh at the situation instead of kill myself, if we are being completely serious, I have zero problem saying that Hunter (and Vince and Steph) is a complete and utter piece of sh*t for throwing himself all over TV with the zillionth family feud. Hunter's music hitting when the Cena/Bryan segment was at its most intense was, as I say, hysterical, but for the worst possible reason. I actually can't think of any time when Hunter didn't shoehorn himself into something that was more popular than him. A complete self aggrandising motherf*cker. And yes I think more people should say so.

But people have though, just back when he was an active wrestler and burying faster than a whippet on Red Bull. If I think about it that's probably partially why I don't go on about Hunter these days, I moaned about it enough when he was doing it at the expense of others and now it's generally him shoe horning himself into other stuff. Though I know a lot of people (including me) whinged about the Trips/Brock feud as well so again it's happened recently too.

Now Hogan obviously has a bit of a rep for taking shine from people in the past but when he went into the semi-retirment dealio where he popped up to wrestle every few years or so I think that cooled any feeling he was going over people for the sake of it and that he was (and still is to some extent) a marquee type event. The problem has been for all that he may have recently not been all over TNA as much MOST of his tenure he was on the show more than anyone else, prominently featured in just about anything major, all over posters and press confrences etc.

Now, obviously for TNA to sign Hogan on whatever ridiculous salary he's on there's no point in using him sparingly so I have a little sympathy that he was over-used but there's "being on the show a lot" and "nearly every major angle requiring Hogan to be involved" especially around the Immortal faction thing and they definitely strayed into the latter.

I don't think Trips is quite at that stage and might explain why there's not quite the level of vitriol yet but if he's all over the show much after the current feud is over then I think there will be a marked rise in people getting tired of him again.

I don't even think Hogan and HHH are selfish anymore they just love wrestling and the limelight. They both have still much to offer the wrestling community but that needs to come every now and then. HHH's recent feud with Lesnar was a prime example with 3 matches being spread over a year which only enhanced Leasnar and allowed HHH to give something back to someone younger. HHH is fine as long as he doesn't over stay his welcome

I don't even think Hogan and HHH are selfish anymore they just love wrestling and the limelight. They both have still much to offer the wrestling community but that needs to come every now and then. HHH's recent feud with Lesnar was a prime example with 3 matches being spread over a year which only enhanced Leasnar and allowed HHH to give something back to someone younger. HHH is fine as long as he doesn't over stay his welcome

:lol

Yes, he "gave back" to Brock, a guy who is a real difference maker but can only work three times a year, by having himself - an AUTHORITY FIGURE - spend 12 MONTHS feuding with him, beating him at Wrestlemania and making him look like just another guy. Thanks Hunter.

Seriously, I am going over this in my head and the case I am building is terrible. There is no time where Hunter hasn't shoehorned himself into anything that gets hot or gets over with the crowd for his own benefit.

Daniel Bryan gets hot > Hunter becomes his defender, is now Special Guest Referee

Brock Lesnar comes back > Hunter eats up his dates for 12 months, beats him at Mania

CM Punk gets hot > Hunter cuts fantasy promos on him, was Special Guest Referee, beats him on PPV

Undertaker Streak matches become biggest thing in wrestling > Hunter has two

Randy Orton gets hot > Hunter beats him at Mania

Jeff Hardy gets hot > Hunter works with him, does the most laughably pathetic "job" ever for him, works with him again, beats him on PPV, never has to put him over for the world title

Shawn Michaels is more over than him > They reform DX, beat everyone in sight

John Cena gets hot > Hunter works Mania with him, buries him on the mic beforehand

Eugene gets hot as a comedy character > Hunter feuds with him and destroys him

After that I get hazy, but I'm sure someone else can fill in the blanks with Goldberg, Steiner, unmasked Kane, RVD, Steve Austin, and so on. And this isn't even counting other isolated stuff like THE ENTIRE WWE ROSTER jobbing to him during the COO/Walkout angle, or him burying everyone on Smackdown when he was there.

Before anyone objects I know full well that some are stretches, and I'm absolutely not arguing that at least some of them weren't the right thing to do or weren't entertaining or whatever. But when you sit there and add them all up...it is certainly something. He is an expert at grabbing onto anything that gets hot and making it about himself.