Is Sheamus' Injury a Good Thing?

TPIB

Is Sheamus' Injury a Good Thing?  

8 members have voted

1. 1. Is Sheamus' Injury a Good Thing?

I know that this seems like a cold-hearted question, but hear me out. While it is not a good situation when a wrestler is injured, the "silver lining" of Sheamus' injury is that it may be the break that he needs in his career. The combination of bad booking and not being off of WWE television since his main roster debut four years ago has resulted in a very stale and directionless Sheamus. In my opinion, this four-to-six month layoff will give the WWE plenty of time to come up with some solid ideas for Sheamus when he does return.

Unlike guys like Jack Swagger, I see a small bit of potential in Sheamus to still draw a strong reaction from the crowd, but to do that, I believe that Sheamus needs to be brought back as a heel. I think it's safe to say that, overall, Sheamus' run as a face has been a failure. Sheamus is definitely one of those guys that works much better as a heel than a face.

So, what do you think? Is this four-to-six month layoff good for the career of Sheamus or will WWE not bother giving Sheamus a push when he returns?

I think failure is a harsh word when as a babyface he has clearly been doing the best work of his career.

It might be good to have a break, but then again look at guys like Kofi who come back in the exact same position with nothing different to do whatsoever. It's no guarantee that it will benefit him.

Gonna miss the crap out of his matches.

I so agree with the first post. He just needs to re-invent himself. Come back as a shit-hot heel and be what he was when he broke through on ECW and RAW.

From what I've read he was and still is one of the first guys to enter a building and one of the last to leave so his work ethic has not changed, and that's a good thing.

I just hope that WWE see what they have. I think they will see he did get better as a face, and he's at a point right now he could totally kill it (positivly) as a heel.

Why has "turn him heel" become the default answer to any character that fans have decided they don't like? Why not keep Sheamus as a babyface and just cut down his crappy insults? Why not keep Sheamus as a babyface and just stop him from being a massive c*ck to the poor heels who don't do anything to deserve it?

The guy is over as a babyface and had some great matches as a babyface. Just tweak the character a bit and he'll be fine. He doesn't need to turn heel. It's not the answer to everything.

Archived