WWE RAW Discussion Thread - August 12, 2013 from Sacramento, CA (#1055)

TPIB

http://www.talkwrestlingonline.com/images/shows/raw2012.png

When

United States: LIVE, Monday Night, Aug. 12, at 8/7c on the USA Network

United Kingdom: Tuesday Morning, Aug. 13, at 1AM on SkySportsHD3

Venue

Sleep Train Arena in Sacramento, CA

Confirmed Matches/Events

CM Punk vs. Paul Heyman

Final Build to SummerSlam

I really want to know who's coming up with ideas for the Wyatt family so I can stalk them and go on about how great they are until it gets creepy. Not only are they brilliant, but whoever's coming up with this stuff is such a legitimate horror nerd that the references are giving me a little snobby hipster erection with their "Oh, you wouldn't have heard of that film"-ness.

The motherf*ckers are doing festival films, FESTIVAL FILMS that haven't even been released.

EDIT: Also, is it me, or is Bray just doing a straight Charles Manson impression now? If so, that's awesome.

Horror movies, cult leaders and serial killers all getting referenced by one gimmick? This is WWE making up for the last 12 years for me personally. This is my gift. Thanks WWE.

Edited by John Hancock

Daniel Bryan was awesome with his stuff with Cena. Hands down great work but seriously f**k Cena of his same old s**t

Edit-Wow that segment was hands down one of the best face to face confrontations that i've seen in a long time. Bryan refusing to slap cena because he isn't a wrestler and doesn't deserve it and cena wanting to be slapped.

Seriously watch this segment for Bryan.

Edited by The Fury

Thirded for the Cena/Bryan love. It was an amazing segment. So much emotion from both guys, especially Bryan that I expected one or both to start crying. Then the "You don't deserve it" line from Bryan was the cherry on top. I'm really excited for this match. I made a few predictions on skype with Fury and I'll probably mention them on the podcast Sunday just to see how close I am. I'm 100% confident though. I mean I am a f*cking wrestling genius after all.

Yeah, I really like the Wyatt Family too. It's probably early stages to say this, but it's one of the best gimmicks I've seen in all the time I've been watching wrestling, so I'm really intrigued to see which direction they'll go in. Unlike modern day WWE, not only is it just a good idea on paper, but it's been done to perfection so far too.

Good episode of RAW too. I liked the Cena/Bryan stuff and Punk/Lesnar/Heyman was another well done angle.

Between this show and last week's Smackdown, WWE has been spitting red hot FIRE with promos in the home stretch for Summerslam.

Brock "MMA class for beginners"

Bray Wyatt "I'm already dead."

Dean Ambrose "The ghost of Andre the Giant"

Along with Cody Rhodes coming off REALLY well on commentary and that HOLY SH*TTING CENA/BRYAN SEGMENT. Whoever complained about Cena in that segment needs to go to bed, that was a money promo, and probably his best one since the best of the Rock ass beatings. And since the Rock promos were kind of heel promos, it was the best babyface promo in God knows how long. Absolute fire, and Bryan was also good working his end, and especially after having to stand there and take Cena's promo, he still got the last word with the "You don't deserve it" stuff and looked REALLY good. Outstanding segment.

...and the only thing that could have made it better was HUNTOR! I absolutely, positively DIED with laughter when his music hit. The man is HYSTERICAL.

In other news, Kofi's battle royal trick was awesome, the finish was really well done, the Usos rule, and Big Show and Mark Henry are the team of my wildest dreams. Rollins bumping for them is going to be AMAZING. The only thing I was thinking during the battle royal was how much I want to see Henry vs EVERYBODY IN SIGHT. And also Ambrose vs everybody in sight.

Edited by Jimmy Redman

Cena/Bryan was electric, it easily rivals any Rock/Austin promo during there time on top. Absolutely brilliant performance from both participants.

Punk/Lesnar also tore the house down and plaudits must go to Heyman who's reaction are priceless.

Also Wyatt's rule

Oh yeah and why HHH Had to come down during the Cena/Bryan segment baffles me. No need for him to be there at all

Oh yeah and why HHH Had to come down during the Cena/Bryan segment baffles me. No need for him to be there at all

Of course there is. He's the King of Kings: The Golden God; The Greatest of All Times. He absolutely has to show his beak since he's the most important part of this main event. In fact there wouldn't even be a main event without him.

I loved this RAW. Apart from the hilarious AJ/Natalya botch. Both Cena and Daniel Bryan were amazing, I haven't ever felt that captivated when watching WWE for a long, long time. I understand the Cena hate but I think that it is all unnecessary. In that segment, I actually preferred Cena to Bryan. I have a feeling that that segment was one of those unscripted ones and it was getting a bit heated between the two (hence HHH coming out to calm things down) as it really did feel like there was real life tension there.

I gutted myself laughing when Bryan said "You talk about all them as if they are better than me..." and that solitary fan shouted "THEY ARE". Also, Cena's 'usually this segment is a train-wreck' comment to the Miz was hilarious as well and adds to my suspicion it was unscripted. Also, he called Daniel by what I'm assuming is his real name (Jack). It was golden, even better than the Punk/Lesnar/Heyman stuff later on the night which was also great.

The R-Truth/Fandango dance-off thing was a little unneeded. I dislike Fandango, not as a wrestler, but as a character. He annoys the sh*t out of me.