UEFA Champions League 2013/14

BRM

The draw for the Champions League play-off takes place tommorow (Friday).

Your teams are :

LEAGUE ROUTE

Seeded: Arsenal FC, Olympique Lyonnais, AC Milan, FC Schalke 04, FC Zenit St Petersburg

Unseeded: PSV Eindhoven, FC Metalist Kharkiv, Fenerbahçe SK, Real Sociedad de Fútbol, FC Paços de Ferreira

CHAMPIONS ROUTE

Seeded: FC Basel 1893, Celtic FC, FC Steaua Bucureşti, FC Viktoria Plzeň, GNK Dinamo Zagreb

Unseeded: FK Austria Wien, Legia Warszawa, NK Maribor, PFC Ludogorets Razgrad, FC Shakhter Karagandy

• Replies 692
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah not a particular kind draw for Arsenal, but you would expect them to be able to edge it.

Also a repeat of the 2005 semi final in there too.

Dinamo Zagreb (Cro) v Austria Vienna (Aut)

Ludogorets (Bul) v Basle (Swi)

Plzen (Cze) v Maribor (Slo)

Shakhtyor Karaganda (Kaz) v Celtic

Steaua Bucharest (Rom) v Legia Warsaw (Pol)

Lyon (Fra) v Real Sociedad (Spa)

Schalke 04 (Ger) v Metalist Kharkiv (Ukr)

Pacos Ferreira (Por) v Zenit St Petersburg (Rus)

PSV (Ned) v AC Milan (Ita)

Fenerbahce (Tur) v Arsenal

Celtic should fancy their chances also, but by heck is that one long ass trek into the unknown.

Edited by BRM

• 2 weeks later...

Aaron Ramsey's been immense for the past 20 or so Arsenal games. I hope he's finally over that injury and can get on with his career (not to mention getting those ignoramus Arsenal fans off his back). He's Arsenal's best midfielder in 2013.

0-2 up. Wouldn't mind Gabry and Sanogo given 20 minutes.

Cheers!

Giroud's penalties are as handsome as the man himself.

Incredibly important result, I reckon. 0-3 up, 3 away goals, next leg at home... something incredibly bad (some would say, "Arsenalesque") would stop us from going through to the group stages now. This result might just land us a slightly better player in the transfer market. Who knows, maybe they've been waiting to see if we got through.

Anyway. Gnabry and Sanogo. Where are they?

Cheers!

You have to give Arsenal credit for tonight's win in Turkey. On paper a 2 legged play-off against a side that made the Europa League semis last season was extremely tricky to say the least.

But here we sit half way through the tie with Fenebache needing a minor miracle to progress. Considering the start that Arsenal made in their domestic campaign at the weekend they were under a huge amount of pressure tonight and I think It's fair to say they coped with It very well indeed.

I really do fail to understand why Sky would rather show Liverpool vs Notts county in a meaningless cup than a Champions League game. Sometimes their schedule baffles me, I don't think I'll ever understand their reasoning.

Sky are contractually obliged to show 2 games from The 2nd round of the Capital One Cup this week. it's not like they go around the world of Football and go hey we're going to show this random game this week.