Are TNA's Releases WWE's Gain?

TPIB

As of this thread, TNA has released eight individuals from their roster, most of them due to budget cuts (with a couple of them opting not to re-sign with the company), as Crimson, Tara, Madison Rayne, Joey Ryan, Christian York, D'Lo Brown, Bruce Prichard, & Matt Morgan have all either left or been let go by TNA this month alone.

With WWE in need of all the wrestlers they can get, could we possibly see WWE scoop up any of these free agents?

Since her release, Lisa Marie Varon (Tara in TNA and Victoria in WWE) has been tweeting about a possible comeback and a lot of people think that Varon may resurface in the WWE. Now, the fact of the matter is that Varon is 42 years old and the WWE is a young woman's game just like it's a young man's game, so I cannot really see WWE using Varon as a regular on the main roster, but giving her a spot as a trainer down in FCW or as a road agent seems to be a better fit. Personally, I believe that Varon has a lot left in her tank despite her age, but that does not mean much when it comes to the WWE.

Outside of a possible Legends deal, there really is no place in the WWE for either D'Lo Brown or Bruce Prichard. When it comes to D'Lo, I wouldn't rule out a one-off Royal Rumble appearance or something, but I don't really see a future in the company for Brown.

Let me admit right from the start of this paragraph that I have not seen a single Crimson match. I know he had an undefeated streak in TNA, but that is about it. With that said, whether Crimson can succeed in the WWE or not remains to be seen, but it would be interesting to see him at least get a shot in the WWE. When you look at guys like Ryback, Tensai, Brodus Clay, Sheamus, and others, it leaves no question that WWE will find a spot for a big guy on the roster, no matter how painfully ridiculous and demeaning.

When it comes to Matt Morgan, his stint in the WWE was at a time where I didn't have access to SmackDown, so I have no recollection of seeing any of his matches, but I assume he is a typical 'big guy' and Vince's obsession with big guys could lead to Morgan returning to the WWE.

I have seen a couple of Joey Ryan's matches from his ROH days and I think that Ryan is a very interesting, marketable character. With WWE and ROH's working relationship, there is a chance that WWE has seen some of Joey Ryan's work, but the only thing that works against Ryan is his size. While WWE has stuck its neck out for some smaller guys, there are even more that did not get a fair shake in the company.

Somewhere in my collection, I have a 3PW DVD that has a lot of matches featuring Christian York, so I am somewhat familiar with his work. I do recall York making sporadic jobber appearances with the WWE throughout the years, but I think York's relationship with former tag team partner Joey Mercury may help him get a job in the WWE, even if it is just a job as an FCW trainer.

While you can argue about WWE needing more main roster talent, there is no doubt that the Divas division is the scarcest of them all and that is why I would not be the least bit surprised to see WWE try and sign Madison Rayne to the Divas division.

Do you think WWE will pick up any of TNA's releases?

Also Tara really hasn't been tweeting that she's priming for a comeback. She said she was doing some DDP Yoga but 99.9% of her tweets are about her restaurant, The Squared Circle, so that appears to be her main focus these days.

the only person worth WWE's time is Joey Ryan who a good worker and has some mic skills. He'd be the perfect replacement for Jinder Mahal in 3MB.

and also Jimmy's point. :P

Big difference between two major members of DX who were massively over when they were on television and Matt f*cking Morgan. Still, maybe that's to his advantage, no one will have cared what he said so maybe no one remembers.

I still can;t see it and I think Morgan is off to TV land/Hollywood to be big and scary in something Kevin Nash couldn't be arsed to do.

Sable sued Vince for like $100 million and won a huge settlement. Warrior sued Vince many times and won several settlements. Brock sued Vince. Hogan has fallen out of favour with Vince 100 times. Bruno Sammartino, no explanation needed. Superstar Graham went against Vince in the steroid scandal. Road Dogg and Billy Gunn, as mentioned, ripped WWE to shreds for years.

I'm not comparing Matt Morgan to those guys in terms of stature, but in reality, what does WWE gain from currently employing Gunn and Road Dogg in 2013? Nothing. Same with Superstar Graham at the time and Bruno now? None of those guys were really relevant when Vince brought them back in for book deals and toys. Same now with Warrior, is he REALLY going to shift more games seeing as he's already been in several in the last few years?

Vince can use Morgan, he's a big body and he is somewhat competent. He's far better than Great Khali and Brodus Clay and they both have jobs.

Brodus Clay > Matt Morgan and I'm not even kidding.

I'm not saying it can't possibly in the bounds of reasoning happen, I just can't personally see it happening. I just don't see why WWE would bother with him. He's never done anything when given the chance, he's a plank on the mic and tectonically slow in the ring. No one has ever cared about Matt Morgan so I don't see why WWE would waste their time.

Brodus Clay > Matt Morgan and I'm not even kidding.
Not looks or size-wise...

I'm not saying it can't possibly in the bounds of reasoning happen, I just can't personally see it happening. I just don't see why WWE would bother with him. He's never done anything when given the chance, he's a plank on the mic and tectonically slow in the ring. No one has ever cared about Matt Morgan so I don't see why WWE would waste their time.
Well I'm not saying its going to happen either way, I'm just saying a guy who looks like Matt Morgan will generally get a shot in WWE because of how he looks.

Why did they hire Khali? He's far worse in every way than Morgan and almost everybody else on the planet. Same with Giant Gonzales, same with loads of tall, useless lumps WWE have employed AND pushed over the years.

I don't really see WWE bothering with Morgan again after all this time and his utter failure to do anything either, but the precedent is there. WWE hired back similarly sized dudes in Tomko, Test, A-Train, Umaga after stints in the wilderness/New Japan. I'm sure I'm forgetting more. So it's a possibility, to be sure. But I wouldn't bet anything on it.

On the other point, I honestly don't think I've seen a Matt Morgan match on the level of even the tenth best Khali match.

What makes me laugh is if this was the opposite the title would be Will TNA hire more WWE Rejects

On the other point, I honestly don't think I've seen a Matt Morgan match on the level of even the tenth best Khali match.

WOW, I think i remember some ok morgan matches which means its already at a much higher level than Khali has ever had

Edited by Jimmy Redman

WOW, I think i remember some ok morgan matches which means its already at a much higher level than Khali has ever had

I can remember a tonne of Khali matches better than "OK", and he has had at the very least one legit great singles match. I cannot even fathom what a legit great Matt Morgan match would have been.

But absolutely willing to hear about it if it was in TNA and I missed it, which is entirely possible. Did he have a significant AJ match?

I hope Matt Morgan comes to WWE to win the Smackdown belt! He's awesome, I'll miss him in TNA, I liked when he was the tag team champions. I don't really know why everyone hates him, but I am happy to be the majority of his fan club (though I can't think of any great match either).

That bird who denied she was released and said she quit has just said in an interview that she was released. Somebody cant remember what they said 2 weeks ago...

In a recent interview with The Greg DeMarco Show, Taeler Hendrix addressed her TNA release, the latest feedback from Dixie Carter, her thoughts on some current Knockouts, the mood in OVW, her upcoming return to Shine Wrestling, her most recent cancer scare and much more.

On her release from TNA: It was kind of a whirlwind ... a long time in the making … I was super-duper unhappy ... the All-American Dream ... BAM! Hit in the face! It's not happening girl, wake up! I got papers in the mail to re-sign for another year in developmental at OVW for TNA … Before I could tell them that I wouldn't re-sign, I got the call the day before my contract expired to tell me I was released. ... Maybe they can use that spot for someone they actually know what they want to do with. ... I'm not offended—I'm a lot happier.