WWE RAW Discussion Thread - July 29, 2013 from Laredo, TX (#1053)

TPIB

http://www.talkwrestlingonline.com/images/shows/raw2012.png

Due to WWE's tour of Australia, RAW was taped on Tuesday, July 23.

When

United States: Monday Night, July 29, at 8/7c on the USA Network

United Kingdom: Tuesday Morning, July 30, at 1AM on SkySportsHD3

Venue

Laredo Energy Arena in Laredo, TX

Confirmed Matches/Events

Tables Match: Non-Title:

John Cena vs. Ryback

Daniel Bryan vs. Kane

Rob Van Dam vs. Fandango

Non-Title:

Alberto Del Rio vs. Christian

6-Man Tag:

The Shield vs. Mark Henry and Jimmy & Jey Uso

Non-Title:

AJ Lee vs. Kaitlyn

Build to SummerSlam

Edited by TPIB

Spoilers:

Credit:

wrestling-news.net

WWE RAW

Airing This Monday

The following results are from a recent WWE RAW TV Taping. The taping took place on Tuesday 23rd July 2013 at the Laredo Energy Arena in Laredo, Texas and will air on Tuesday 30th July at 1am on Sky Sports 3.

In Ring Segment:

Vince McMahon came out to open the show and discussed the WWE Championship match set for WWE Summerslam between John Cena and Daniel Bryan, however Vince says that he wants a new Champion and one that isn’t John Cena or Daniel Bryan. Bryan came out and had the crowd behind him.

6 Man Tag Team Match:

The Shield (Dean Ambrose, Seth Rollins & Roman Reigns) defeated Mark Henry & The Uso’s (Jimmy Uso & Jey Uso).

Singles Match:

Rob van Dam defeated Fandango via countout.

Singles Match:

Kaitlyn defeated AJ Lee. Post-match, Dolph Ziggler came to the ring and mocked AJ Lee and said that tonight, he wants to face off against Big E Langston.

Singles Match:

Dolph Ziggler defeated Big E Langston via disqualification due to interference from AJ Lee.

Singles Match:

Christian defeated Alberto del Rio.

Singles Match:

Cody Rhodes defeated Wade Barrett. Post-match, Damien Sandow came out and cut a promo on Cody Rhodes.

Singles Match:

Daniel Bryan defeated Kane. Post-match, Kane hit Daniel Bryan with a chokeslam. The Wyatt Family then interrupted and attacked Kane. Bray Wyatt then cut a promo and told Kane to follow the buzzards.

Singles Match:

Brie Bella (w/Nikki Bella) defeated Natalya.

Singles Match:

Curtis Axel (w/Paul Heyman) defeated R-Truth. Post-match, CM Punk came out and attacked Curtis Axel and then turned his attention to Paul Heyman, who managed to escape.

Backstage Segment:

Vince McMahon noted that he would rather have someone like Triple H face John Cena at the WWE Summerslam pay-per-view instead of Daniel Bryan, while Triple H and Stephanie McMahon commented on the possibility of giving Daniel Bryan a corporate makeover. Vince and Triple H then argued about how to present Daniel Bryan.

Tables Match:

John Cena defeated Ryback. Post-match, Daniel Bryan came out and grabbed the WWE Championship and teased Cena, before pulling back the title, however Cena then managed to grab the belt. The two then had a staredown to end the show!

Edited by FreeSpirit

The only thing (and I mean only) I don't like about the Wyatt's entrance is the continuity of the lantern. In the video he lights it, says "we're here", blows it out, and then it's lit again when he walks out and then blows it out again at the end of the ramp. IT MAKES NO SENSE.

Other than that it's.... awesome.

Edited by Chris2K

I just kind of wish there was a better way to follow it than by the lights coming on and things going back to normal, so to speak. Once the lights go up and it's two big dudes beating on someone, it becomes far too bright and far too much like any other wrestling beating. They end up overcoming that by the end of the segment anyway, but I dunno.

I'm sure there are practical problems in the way, but I wish they could do their bit while the lights are like dimmed or something. Blow the lantern out, but instead of the full, normal lights coming on, a creepy, dim light comes on instead. At least for now before they become any other faction and work matches.

I'm sure there are practical problems in the way, but I wish they could do their bit while the lights are like dimmed or something. Blow the lantern out, but instead of the full, normal lights coming on, a creepy, dim light comes on instead. At least for now before they become any other faction and work matches.

Surely if they can do lights for Sin Cara there's no excuse for not being able to do it?