WWE RAW Discussion Thread - July 22, 2013 from Austin, TX (#1052)

TPIB

http://www.talkwrestlingonline.com/images/shows/raw2012.png

When

United States: LIVE, Monday Night, July 22, at 8/7c on the USA Network

United Kingdom: Tuesday Morning, July 23, at 1AM on SkySportsHD3

Venue

Frank Erwin Center at UT Austin in Austin, TX

Confirmed Matches/Events

Build to SummerSlam

Daniel Bryan won't win at SummerSlam. If he does I hope Orton cashes in on him. Not because I dislike Bryan but because I love him.

Bryan to win the Rumble/lose at Mania/win the title the next night on Raw.

Believe.

I'd be totally down with:

-Bryan beats Cena

-Orton cashes in and takes the strap

-Bryan gets p*ssed and vows to regain the title

-DB wins the Rumble

-Bryan wins at Mania (while I watch in glee from the crowd)

-????

-Profit

I could have watched D Bryan all night, he was awesome! And Cesaro of course. My favourite match of the year so far anyway.

I don't see him winning the title (YET!) but it's possible, he's soooo popular, everyone loves him, and he can deliver in the ring and on the mic. Plus Cena doesn't seem to have much to do really, he's just picking a new opponent for each PPV (I know that's kind of how it works, but it feels pretty empty. He beat Rock - hasn't been seen since. He beat Mark Henry - Mark forgets him and turns face. Had a little series with Ryback, who now can't even come in fresh and beat D Bryan after an epic war with Cesaro.).

Anyway I'd like to see Daniel win it, and I will have hope!

The rest of RAW was pretty standard fare though, I really wish Wade Barrett would get to do something.

I think I'm well in the minority here, but I just can't get behind Daniel Bryan like everyone else can. I mean, I know he's good (both in ring and on mic - to say otherwise just isn't true) but I just can't click with him. Would still love to see him take the title from Cena, although I doubt it will happen.

An alright episode of RAW this week. No where near as good as recent weeks but I enjoyed it. I am actually starting to enjoy Cena's work and Christian is always fun to watch. Really looking forward to Punk/Brock. I can see Brock beating Punk actually, leaving serious doubts in Punk's head as to whether or not he truly is the BITW and then becoming obsessed with beating Brock like HBK was obsessed with getting that rematch against the Undertaker.

I skipped out on alot of this raw. Cesaro/Bryan had me glued. Cesaro was so good I actually wanted to see him go over bryan even though that was clearly not an option. I really thought this was where we would see a returning Big Show and then only to be interrupted by the Wyatts who jump their next monster, Big Show.

The other angle I love is Mark Henry and The Shield. As much as I would like to see the Usos and Henry vs. the Shield I really think it would be sweet for Henry to take them on alone in some type of match. Whether it be Gauntlet or handicap or whatever I really think crowds would jump even more on the Henry bandwagon if he was put in this position because to me it is somewhat beleivable that he could take all 3 of the Shield on alone.

Daniel Mofoing Bryan. I should just have a GIF made that I can stamp every thread for a show he appears on with and be done with it. That ruled and ruled hard. The two best workers in the world get 20 minutes on Raw. Love your work Double Double E.

Sheamus/Alberto was also kind of fun and Sheamus deadlifting Alberto and punching his face in to escape was by far my favourite thing all night.

Along with the return of "MY HEART DON'T PUMP KOOL AID."