WWE RAW Discussion Thread - July 8, 2013 from Baltimore, MD (#1050)

TPIB

http://www.talkwrestlingonline.com/images/shows/raw2012.png

When

United States: LIVE, Monday Night, July 8, at 8/7c on the USA Network

United Kingdom: Tuesday Morning, July 9, at 1AM on SkySportsHD3

Venue

1st Mariner Arena in Baltimore, MD

Confirmed Matches/Events

Vickie Guerrero's Job Evaluation

Debut of The Wyatt Family

Final Build to Money-in-the-Bank

The crowd has been bugging me the past few weeks. I don't really take notice but people thinking they are clever by shouting Husky Harris bugs me and the thing is every time he'll come out they'll keep on doing it. Not that I condone fan interaction but why?

Also, I approve of the Braditude era.

http://media.tumblr.com/c9510313f4dae183aff6f1bbb3d2b114/tumblr_inline_mpnksxWauC1qz4rgp.gif

Edited by Shaun2J

Now why couldn't that have happened at WrestleMania 28 instead of that 18 seconds of nonsense. That was an awesome match between Daniel Bryan and Sheamus.
That "18 seconds of nonsense" is the reason Daniel Bryan is in the position he is in and why he is so over today, so I personally think it was worth it in the long run.

That was more by fluke than anything. It certainly worked out for the best, and it's hard to look back on it with real contempt anymore, but there's no way in hell WWE were aware of what would happen. That was the Spring of Sheamus, the squash was all about trying to make him look good, they couldn't possibly have predicted how people would react to it. Daniel Bryan is in the position he is now because the fans in Miami that weekend thought the match was bullshit and reacted by dedicating an entire show to telling the WWE how much they liked Daniel Bryan.

The "Husky Harris" chants really pissed me off. If crowds these days are never going to let previous gimmicks die then there's no hope for anyone to have a second chance. Nobody chanted "Ringmaster" at Steve Austin, nobody chanted "Isaac Yankem" at Kane, nobody chanted "1-2-3" at X-Pac, so is it just the new internet age of fans who think its fun to show how smart they are?

For the record I think the same thing about people chanting "Sexual Chocolate" at Mark Henry, and "Albert" at Tensai.

That was more by fluke than anything. It certainly worked out for the best, and it's hard to look back on it with real contempt anymore, but there's no way in hell WWE were aware of what would happen. That was the Spring of Sheamus, the squash was all about trying to make him look good, they couldn't possibly have predicted how people would react to it. Daniel Bryan is in the position he is now because the fans in Miami that weekend thought the match was bullshit and reacted by dedicating an entire show to telling the WWE how much they liked Daniel Bryan.

The point is that anyone still pissed about it, knowing what it led to, is an idiot. And if it was the great match you missed out on, hey, they have had approximately 75 great matches since then for you to enjoy.

Silly marks trying to ruin one of the few good things WWE have done in the past decade.

See's Bray Wyatt vignettes. Types Bray Wyatt into Wikipedia. Discovers he was Husky Harris. Chants Husky Harris.

Complete ****s. When they go to a live event do they say they are watching WWE or WWF, or why not call it WWWF. If your going to go to a show and be a ****, might aswell go the whole 9 yards.

So Bryan/Sheamus was pretty great. Neat little condensed version of their 2012 match. Finish in particular ruled the school.

And the Wyatt sh*t was awesome. Add me to the list of people waiting in line to stab "HUSKY HARRIS" chanting motherf*ckers in the eyeball. But the final vignettes and the lantern and "We're here." (thank you Double Double E Spies!) and all that sh*t, glorious.

See I'd sort of understand the Husky Harris chants if it was another similarly bland character thrown at us. But it isn't. Honestly, I don't think you'd be able to tell that it was Husky Harris with a new gimmick unless you knew because he's done so well over the past year or so to redefine himself. We rarely get characters as exciting as Wyatt but these asshats in Baltimore try their very best to ruin it or at least take away some of the magic from his debut. It's a total shame but the debut itself was very well done.

The Sheamus Bryan match was great as well, and Sheamus didn't win...Even in the after segment he didn't kick anything...Wow...