WWE SmackDown Discussion Thread - July 5, 2013 from Topeka, KS (#724)

TPIB

http://www.talkwrestlingonline.com/images/shows/sd2.jpg

When

United States: Friday Night, July 5, at 8/7c on Syfy

United Kingdom: Friday Night, July 5, at 10PM on SkySportsHD3

Venue

Landon Arena in Topeka, KS

Confirmed Matches/Events

Build to Money-in-the-Bank

Spoilers:

Credit:

wrestling-news.net

WWE Friday Night SmackDown

Airing This Week

The following results are from a recent WWE SmackDown TV Taping. The taping took place on Tuesday 2nd July 2013 at the Landon Arena in Topeka, Kansas and will air on Friday 5th July at 10.30pm on Sky Sports 4 in The UK

In Ring Segment:

CM Punk came out to open the show and discussed Curtis Axel tagging himself in during their match on WWE RAW and then turned his attention to Brock Lesnar’s attack, before focusing on the Money in the Bank ladder match. Alberto del Rio came out and interrupted and told Punk to get off his show. Teddy Long came out and announced that Alberto del Rio will take on CM Punk later in the evening.

Backstage Segment:

Paul Heyman told CM Punk that he doubts Punk can handle Del Rio on his own tonight and wants to be in his corner and at the Money in the Bank pay-per-view, however Punk refuses both.

Tag Team Match:

The Uso’s (Jimmy Uso & Jey Uso) defeated Team Rhodes Scholars (Cody Rhodes & Damien Sandow). Prior to the match, Damien Sandow cut a promo and post-match, The Shield appeared on the titantron to cut a promo hyping their match against The Uso’s at the Money in the Bank pay-per-view.

Singles Match:

Alicia Fox defeated Kaitlyn. AJ Lee came out during the match and skipped around the ring distracting Kaitlyn enough for Alicia Fox to pick up the win. Post-match, Kaitlyn was shown backstage looking for AJ Lee who ran away. The Bella Twins then appeared and made fun of Kaitlyn.

Singles Match:

Randy Orton defeated Christian.

Singles Match:

Dolph Ziggler defeated Drew McIntyre. Post-match, 3MB tried to attack Ziggler once again, however he escaped in the same way as he did on WWE RAW.

Singles Match:

Fandango defeated Justin Gabriel.

Singles Match:

CM Punk vs. Alberto del Rio went to a double countout. Paul Heyman was on commentary and was attacked by Del Rio during the match, causing Punk to get involved and brawl around ringside and amongst the fans with Del Rio. Punk and Del Rio eventually returned to the ring with Punk hitting a GTS on Del Rio to end the show!

Orton/Christian was a really good greatest hits match. Loved them bringing back the powerslam air-swing, and the finish was cool. I don't think these guys have it in them to have anything other than a good match.

Punk/Alberto was also good, and all of the Punk/Heyman stuff was pretty well done.

As pumped as I was for A DREW MAC SIGHTING, Dolph selling for almost the entire match again was woeful and completely counterproductive. These people have no clue. The post-match was cool though. His promo was OK for him not turning into Smiling Joe Babyface #45, but it also came off like he is still searching for a new identity.

I thought it was good that they seemed to be pushing that Kaitlyn was no longer fazed by AJ's tactics, and then they went in the completely opposite direction by having her be distracted and rolled up by Alicia Fox like a jabroni. Kaitlyn is another one they have no clue what to do with. Sadly the Bellas will be getting a big push in short order, which will be even worse because they have been awful since returning. At least they started to do something with AJ, Dolph and Big E.

Usos' double splash finisher is cool. Dean Ambrose's promo was cooler.

EDIT: Oh God I almost forgot. I haven't had a chance to complain about Curtis Axel in a while, but Jesus, this guy is so sh*tty he can't even cut a halfway decent localised promo for a house show match. 20 seconds to say "I'm going to beat The Miz and retain my title" to the camera with no pressure and Paul Heyman carrying your ass, and he still can't manage. F*ck out with this f*ck.

They might as well make one, WWE has an entire in-house music department as it is, so they might as well use it. At worst, they waste 15 minutes of their lives, at best, it goes viral like Fandango did (which it probably won't, and, even then, that meme lasted about eight seconds once WWE took RAW south of the Mason-Dixon). Still, it's worth a try.

I'm really torn about Del Rio's ring gear (this is one of those tiny things I get really bothered about, like how Cessaro's old music ruined all wrestling for me). I'm sure the pitch for the new ring gear went; "Black trunks?" "Whatever", but, in my head, it's a reference to the old "black hat" cliche from 60's Westerns that normally featured something Mexican going on in them. That said, as any TWOStars readers might remember, I have an enormous fetish for bad guys wearing white, specifically white with gold detail. They're the two dick colours, like, who wears all white? Just dicks. It reminds me of the kind of insufferable bell end who might wear an all-white suit, or P Diddy's awful all-white boat parties. It's impossible to dress in all white and not look like a self-obsessed knob, especially when you put gold, the most obnoxious colour on Earth, over it. I think, to pull off black, as a villain, you have to be a tough guy, or have a sort of scary gimmick. I think white's better if you're just a bit of a dick.

So, whilst I appreciate

http://increasedapeace.files.wordpress.com/2010/05/angeleyescleef.jpg

I still prefer

http://yeeeah.com/wp-content/gallery/grammys-worst-dressed/grammys-worst-dressed-chris-brown.jpg

Archived