WWE RAW Discussion Thread - July 1, 2013 from Sioux City, IA (#1049)

TPIB

http://www.talkwrestlingonline.com/images/shows/raw2012.png

When

United States: LIVE, Monday Night, July 1, at 8/7c on the USA Network

United Kingdom: Tuesday Morning, July 2, at 1AM on SkySportsHD3

Venue

Gateway Arena at the Tyson Events Center in Sioux City, IA

Confirmed Matches/Events

CM Punk & Curtis Axel vs. The Prime Time Players

Build to Money-in-the-Bank

I was waiting for them to show HHH as WWEC and WHC during the championship video's, just to feed his ego, but they didn't.

Good RAW, Henry was strong again and yes, I'm also getting fed up with the 'what' chants.

It's getting lame because it only works when Austin is in there (and only when he is working it) and it's kinda his thing, right?

It's funny though. The crowd wasn't great to begin with, and maybe a better show for them wouldn't have helped anyway, but also consider what they had to sit through:

- Very long talking segment with babyfaces arguing with other babyfaces.

- Dolph the World Title contender (whom half the crowd don't realise is a babyface) sells for most of his match with JINDER F*CKING MAHAL.

- Kane (babyface) vs Orton (babyface) with Bryan (babyface) refereeing and causing two bad finishes, first the fake one with the DQ and then the fast count.

- Sheamus vs Fandango ends via countout after a couple minutes.

- Ryback vs Miz ends via Ryback asking for it to be stopped.

- Punk (babyface) teams with Axel (heel), and with Axel taking most of the match the majority of it was heel vs heel.

- Kaitlyn (babyface) faces Alicia (?), and then we get more weird ass AJ/Kaitlyn stuff.

- Cody (heel) faces Cesaro (heel) and quickly jobs.

- The Bellas argue backstage with people I have never seen before in my life.

- And all night backstage, Vickie (heel?) is bullied and yanked around by The McMahon Family (faces? heels?).

My point is almost everything on the show had either a screwy face/heel dynamic or a sh*tty finish, or both. It was the strangest show in terms of layout I think I have ever seen. Only the Shield match and the main event were immune. Just a weird, weird show.

Having said that, I really liked both the Shield match and the main event. MARK HENRY was amazing. The flash finish to Cody/Cesaro ruled, JBL repping "Dutch" was great, and Cole calling the Orton DDT "classic" is the best counter I have seen in a long, long time.

AND...they're coming. Having that as the take away of the show, above Cena and the Champion vs Champion win they were pushing, it bodes well.

Edited by Jimmy Redman

The podcast guys made this show sound as if it was dog sh*t awful the other day, but I finally got round to watching it and I didn't think it was all the bad. It wasn't awesome either, but to me it was just like any other mediocre Raw.

Loved Punk. Loved Dolph. And that's all I really watch for, so I was happy.

Anyone got a link to these WWE title videos?
I'm sure they'll be on YouTube, but they're only ten-second clips of people who held the respective titles (although WWE run with the lineage of the World Heavyweight Championship continuing on from the NWA and WCW).