Do You Want Rey Mysterio to Return?

TPIB

Do you want to see Rey Mysterio return?  

20 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want to see Rey Mysterio return?

It's a pretty straight-forward question. Do you want to see Rey Mysterio return to the WWE? It's no secret that Rey has been increasingly stale over recent years and his notoriety for being injury-prone, as well as having two Wellness Policy violations against him, really makes me ask myself this question.

I can't remember the last time I actually enjoyed a Rey Mysterio match if I've ever even enjoyed one at all. I'm sure someone can point me in the direction of a good match Mysterio has had in recent years.

In terms of present day Rey Mysterio, there is nothing about him that interests me at all and the only potentially good feud that they could put Mysterio in would be against Rob Van Dam.

In any case, what do you think? Do you want Rey Mysterio to return or should WWE just cut him loose?

Yeah sure, bring him back for a bit as long as he can stay healthy and uninjured.

He shouldn't have a major push, but Rey can put on quality matches with a lot of the younger roster to help get them over. Something along the lines of what Chris Jericho's doing.

Or... have Bray Wyatt take his mask and brainwash him into joining the family. Imagine a maskless, bearded, violent, and malicious Rey Mysterio against Sin Cara or Kofi or maybe even Sami Zayn.

I blow minds for a living.

I can't remember the last time I actually enjoyed a Rey Mysterio match if I've ever even enjoyed one at all. I'm sure someone can point me in the direction of a good match Mysterio has had in recent years.

The baby Jesus wept.

Anyway, obviously the answer is yes, yes, yes. When he's away I almost never consciously miss him, but when he comes back I wonder how I ever lived life without him. And since this is suddenly the era of TV workrate again, he would fit right in.

On the other hand, the poor bugger is broken down to all hell. He shouldn't trade another run with diminishing returns for his health.

Yes, definitely want to see mysterio back. While the last couple if years have been dull for rey, i still believe he has more in the tank. His last memorable feud for me was versus Jericho a few years back, two great ring workers. He's still a huge draw as far as younger fans go, and on top of that my son loves him.

I love Rey, Rey and want him back. He is one of my favourite wrestlers and whist I know he has not many years left would love to see another run. I think he and Punk/Danielson could have a wicked little fued together just to give them a break would be fun. I would love to see a RVD/Mysterio match I have no idea why but think it would be mint.

I think it's gotten to the point where I could take it or leave it. If he comes back I'm sure he will be putting in good matches, but there isn't much point if he isn't gonna be doing his body any favours. Besides the Hall of Fame is open for him!

Rey Rey has to go. I have never liked his WWE run from the get go. His best stuff was the early years to me when the rules on high flying moves were lax and guys were allowed to showcase a full arsenal. Rey had great stuff in ECW and great matches in WCW.
I know it's opinion-based, but I personally think he's had a ton of great matches in WWE.

I always enjoy Rey's mini contender pushes around Elimination Chamber's, Royal Rumble's and other random tournaments like the great Cena-Mysterio final mentioned. And for sure I would enjoy one more.

There's a ton of smaller guys bouncing around the upper card now for Rey to rub shoulder's and have great TV matches as win losses for him are not important. Jericho, CM Punk, Dolph, Bryan. Then the monster's for his awesome sprints like Ryback and Henry.

Lastly Smackdown lacks faces atm.

I know it's opinion-based, but I personally think he's had a ton of great matches in WWE.

Don't even get me started brother. We're talking dozens and dozens. At least 75 as a conservative estimate. He's pretty much the most prolific TV worker of all time.

Edited by Jimmy Redman

I like individual Mysterio matches but they tend to be a bit formulaic for me. I've been watching him since the mid-90s and that underdog role is a little bit played out, though because of his style, popularity and size, it's not like he can do anything different. I think he'll be missed when he retires because even if his matches don't get me too excited anymore, he's still a very solid wrestler, even if he's not quite the talent he was during his prime.

Personally, I would like to see him retire, not because I don't want to watch him again but just because his body has taken a massive amount of abuse over the years, in the ring and out of it. I remember a few years ago, it came out that his heart was enlarged due to drug abuse and that's a worrying sign. I'd rather just see him have a quiet life in the future and enjoy the money he's made from being a very good worker during his career instead of pushing himself to breaking point.

I don't mind him coming back but I'm just not sure there's any need for him at the moment, for example the RAW MITB match has seven participants in it who are all upper level babyfaces, then you can add Chris Jericho, Dolph Ziggler and John Cena of course and that's ten top babyfaces. Mysterio is never going to be a heel, so I'm struggling to see where they can slot him in.