Other Football Results/Discussion 2013/14

Boyo

International Football, Leagues 1 & 2, Conference, La Liga, Serie A, Bundesliga, Ligue Une, Eredivisie, SPL... basically anything that's not the Premiership, The Championship or Champions League.

News, results, discussion, bickering - all in here.

Cheers!

Edited by BRM

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't know where this has come from but my friend has heard that Arsenal are interested in the legendary Jordan Rhodes :lol

I would hate for it to happen and I can honestly say that I don't see him going there and doing as well as he could

/ would playing for a team lower in the table, the price should be pretty high if he's to go too, being that he cost £8 million less than and then went on to be one of the few good things for us last season.

• 2 weeks later...

Amusing first loss for United, but ultimately it was a team of rusty veterans, youngsters and Anderson, with a heap of missing first teamers (no De Gea, Vidic, Nani, Valencia, Kagawa, Rooney, Chi or RVP). Plus, it's a friendly. So I don't mind as long as results start to pick up and everyone gets a run out. Zaha looked fine when he was on, and Adnan Januzaj had a great showing and should get a lot more time in the first team this season.

If we lose the Community Shield, I'll start sh*tting it. Until then, all good in the United hood.

I KNOW IT'S ONLY A PRE-SEASON FRIENDLY AND THEY MEAN NOTHING [/caveat] but Arsenal looked pretty decent as they beat the "something something dream team" yesterday, 0-7. Thailand? Singapore? I can't remember.

Giroud scored twice, two stunning finishes by the way. I believe ESPN has the highlights on their website. Both were from 7 yards out. The first was from a low cross which was fizzed across at pace and he flicked it with his big toe as it rolled over his foot, in to the roof of the net. Took the pace right off it, and the goalie had no chance. The second was when he received the ball with his back to goal. One touch, swivel, BANG, top corner. Fantastic goals.

Podolski walloped one with his left foot, and even lickle Chuba Akpom weighed in with a deft finish at the near post. It's amazing how clinical your strikers can be when Higuain has agreed personal terms :P.

Humorous to hear that both Manchesters lost their first matches, but I'll only truly ROFLCOPTER if they're losing matches in April next year.

Great mail in the F365 mailbox this morning about the Utd friendly: he says Utd went a goal down and it got to the 80-something'th minute and he thought to himself (and I paraphrase), "eyyyyy, not to worry, we'll turn this around" and then the camera cut to the bench and instead of Fergie sat there, chewing gum and looking wild with feral rage, it was Moyes and Phil Neville, and it was weird and didn't look right and Utd then lost.

Cheers!

Has anyone being paying any attention to the CONCACAF (North America) Cup? Most of it's been much of a muchness, but America have been absolutely on fire, and, with Mexico looking shaky through-out, America may well be the favourites to win the whole thing.

'Merka took down Belize 6-1 and Cuba 4-1, and have a game in hand against Costa Rica (probably their strongest competition so far). Mexico lost 2-1 to Panama, beat Canada 2-0 (Canada suck, so winning 2-0 is like drawing 0-0) and beat Martinique, which isn't even a real country, 3-1, in a game that was closer than the scoresheet makes it seem.

Edited by John Hancock

Arsenal currently 0-5 up against Vietnam with about 20 minutes to go. Giroud gets a first half hattrick (2 of them were splendid goals so says Guardian live blog), lickle Chuba Akpom has weighed in with a goal, and Chamberlain has just got one too.

Screw you, Napoli! Who needs Higuain?

I :P of course.

EDIT: 0-6 (lickle Chuba Akpom)

Cheers!

I'd normally agree, but Celtic meh.

Good result for them mind which pretty much puts them through to the 3rd qualifying round. Still Neil Lennons comments ahead of the game about Celtic having to enter at such a early stage despite getting to the last 16 last year were a tad embarrassing I thought. Thats the hand you've been dealt Neil, deal with. Plus lets be fair hardly going to affect the defence of your title now is it?

Let me assure everyone that I've applied the "I know it's only pre-season!" caveat when I say this, but Dembele aside, Spurs look absolutely devoid of any quality whatsoever, and this is in a match against South China.

Yes they've made substitutions, and these matches are all about game time, and they've obviously got Bale, Vertonghen and the Brazillian Beasties out, who make a big difference... but yeesh! I can see why they're so desperate to keep Bale.

Cheers!

That pitch in Hong Kong, ergh.

Rangers start their season today against Albion Rovers in the Ramsdens Cup 1st round. The team is going to be the remnants of last season and a couple of trialists. August is probably going to be a tricky month for Rangers due to the transfer embargo, new players have come In but they're unable to register until September 1st due to the embargo. The 3 competition that Rangers take part in during August all have different rules regarding trailists so It really Is going to be a mish-mash of a team until September where hopefully It should become a bit more settled.

But Stage 2 begins today, Its Football that I care about and It's Live on BBC Alba!

Anelka scored in West Brom's 3-1 friendly win yesterday. This means he's already better for us than Kanu ever was! :P

And Saido Berahino (one of the few Academy players we've developed who we managed to persuade not to go to Manchester, Liverpool, or London) apparently played a blinder too. We're still a little low on strike power for my liking, but this is definitely an encouraging sign. :D

Spurs and United have both had scary-bad pre-seasons. I hope it's a sign of things to come.
you can hope

Without wanting to stick my neck out too much (as I really cannot predict how this season is going to pan out) I have to say I think Man Utd fans are in for a shock this season. Not sure how big that shock'll be but I do think it'll be "out of the title race by Xmas" big.

Cheers!

They won't be out of the title picture until April, if that happens. I don't think we'll win the title (unless we pull a blinding transfer out of the bag to fill our midfield gap) but I still think we'll be top 3 and in with a shot.

I actually think we'll take the FA Cup this season too. Might stick my neck out on that one.

Also, as far as a sign of things to come, it wasn't too long ago that Chelsea had an horrendous pre-season and then won their first five league games. It means nothing.

Without wanting to stick my neck out too much (as I really cannot predict how this season is going to pan out) I have to say I think Man Utd fans are in for a shock this season. Not sure how big that shock'll be but I do think it'll be "out of the title race by Xmas" big.

Cheers!

Its the same squad that won the title more or less to write them off before the season starts is a bit funny, hasn't the last 20 odd years shown people anything NEVER write of United NEVER, Liverpool, Arsenal, Chelsea, City yeah history has proven it but United No