Matt Striker has been released from the WWE

Shame about Striker. You can tell wrestling is his entire life, but he just...didn't work out. He was almost too much of a wrestling geek.

He was actually really good on commentary right at the beginning, on ECW. But something went wrong somewhere and by the end of 2009, he was wretched. I watched the Christian/Shelton ladder match from the poll thread, it might have been the first PPV he did with Cole and Lawler, and he just murdered the entire match with his rubbishness. And would continue to do so from then on out. Now they have that blonde sheila to do interviews, and Scott Stanford to do Superstars, they don't really need him anymore.

According to Meltzer Colt got a try-out, nothing more, and hasn't heard anything back about it.

It's a shame about Striker but he always seemed to be on the outside, I think he was just too much of a wrestling fan and stupidly that's the wrong thing to be in the WWE environment.

Find it hard to belliee he lasted as long as he did. Geek or not the guy brought absolutely nothing to the table for like 7 years. Its amazing he was on any roster this long without making any impact of any kind. Giddy like a nerdy child on the mic and horrible in ring talent. Havn't missed him the last 7 years, won't miss him now, good bye.

I was looking on WWE.com yesterday and noticed Matt Striker was missing from the Superstars page, but I didn't think much of it.

Striker is quite the wrestling mark and is very knowledgeable about the business, but his personality is just so annoying and he was just so dull on commentary that I'm not too surprised. Especially since his most recent job as an interviewer is a "dime a dozen" type of job in the WWE.

Striker should have gotten a "mercy release" during that ridiculous kidnapping angle on NXT. :lol

WWE made it abundantly clear over the last few years that they had no idea what to do with Matt Striker. Just look at his career in the WWE. He went from wrestler to manager to commentator to NXT host to wrestler to commentator to NXT host to kidnap victim to interviewer/commentator.