Jump to content

Bracknell UFO photo "one of the best", says expert


Jamster26

Recommended Posts

Just saw the report on this and thought it was interesting.

 

http://i1.getreading.co.uk/incoming/article4323928.ece/ALTERNATES/s615/UFO-4323928.jpg

 

A former Ministry of Defence (MoD) UFO expert says a photo of UFOs over Bracknell is "one of the best" he has seen.

 

Nick Pope, who worked at the Government's MoD for 21 years and investigated reports of UFO sightings from 1991 to 1994, last night commented on the photo taken over Harmans Water last Friday.

 

Nick said: "It's one of the best UFO photos I've seen for a while.

 

"The shape and colour seems to rule out things like aircraft lights or Chinese lanterns.

 

"It would be interesting to know if anyone else saw this, or if anything unusual was tracked on radar."

 

Basingstoke man Steve Lambert took the photo from the terrace in front of the Running Horse Pub, London Road, at around 8pm, after spotting the two discs in the sky.

 

Read the original story here - Did you spot Bracknell UFO?

 

The 42-year-old from Basingstoke said the discs appeared for "less than five seconds" and were heading south-west "at speed towards Basingstoke - quicker than any normal aircraft".

 

The driving instructor wants to know if anyone else saw the lights and wonders if there is life "out there".

 

This is the second UFO sighting over Bracknell this year.

 

In February a mysterious object was seen in Sandy Lane, around two miles from where this photo was taken.

 

Credit: getreading.co.uk

Link to comment
Share on other sites

UFO's are one of those things I put in the "IF they exist then why bother with Earth". Very much like if there was a God why on earth would he be satisfied with a planet where at maximum only 25% of the worlds populace believe in the correct incarnation of you and spend the rest of the time warring with the other 75% in your name. If you have limitless powers why not do it right.

 

I don't see why any being that have found the ability to travel the immeasurable infinities of space to be able to explore distant reaches of other galaxies would go to f*cking Basingstoke. Seriously, are they going to Festival Place to do a bit of shopping or something? A quick pit stop into TK Maxx before they head of to Ursa Minor?

 

Please....

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Maybe, for the aliens, it's a day out. Like when humans go to a safari park to look at the animals in their (mostly) natural habitat.

 

It would be a pretty risky day out. If they're more than a light year away, they'd have absolutely no idea what they'd be flying into.

 

I very much believe in aliens. I very much do not believe in UFOs.

 

I don't see why any being that have found the ability to travel the immeasurable infinities of space to be able to explore distant reaches of other galaxies would go to f*cking Basingstoke. Seriously, are they going to Festival Place to do a bit of shopping or something? A quick pit stop into TK Maxx before they head of to Ursa Minor?

 

Please....

 

Yeah, you've got to wonder why the aliens are staying away from London and New York and Tokyo and Paris and Los Angeles and Washington DC but can't get enough of one guy outside a suburban pub, all the inbred bumpkins they can find, lonely middle aged fat women with attention seeking problems, the mentally ill, and people with book deals. Aliens are weirdos.

 

EDIT: It would be kind of awesome if any of this wasn't complete nonsense and that aliens have this really warped picture of the world where everything is basically Kentucky, everyone's an idiot, there's more cows than humans, and there's no cities.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'd guess his point is that, if they object is unidentified, how can you identify it as alien?

 

Which simply means it may or may not be an alien, it doesn't preclude it being a space alien and therefore it can't implicitly mean anything other than "we don't know" which means..... nothing. They've as much chance of being aliens as planes or ball lightning or whatever until explicitly proven otherwise.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...