Norman Parke vs. Kazuki Tokudome

Gabriel Gonzaga vs. Dave Herman

Edson Barboza vs. Rafaello Oliveira

-

Seth Baczynski vs. Brian Melancon

Mike Pierce vs. David Mitchell

[video=youtube;tbmpzx9bQhE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tbmpzx9bQhE

Edited by John Hancock

Silva is going to walk this clown, anybody who thinks for one second Weidman even stands a chance is either insane or has been brainwashed by UFC's promotion of this fight.

Silva will make a mockery of him and the "I wont fight him because he wont be the champion anymore" will be another excuse GSP cant use to get out of fighting him. He may as well just say "I'm scared and I'm a faggot!"

• 2 weeks later...

Silva spends the first half of the round getting beaten up, and the second half making fun of Chris for not being able to do it again. If Weidman can get Silva down again, he might be able to finish, he had Silva in an ankle lock, a leg lock and a heel hook before he managed to get out. Anyone of those could have finished the fight.

EDIT: OH SHIT, THAT ACTUALLY JUST HAPPENED.

Silva is going to walk this clown, anybody who thinks for one second Weidman even stands a chance is either insane or has been brainwashed by UFC's promotion of this fight.

Silva will make a mockery of him and the "I wont fight him because he wont be the champion anymore" will be another excuse GSP cant use to get out of fighting him. He may as well just say "I'm scared and I'm a faggot!"

I'm only quoting this because you gloated about predicting JDS/Cain 2 correctly so much :P

Edited by John Hancock

Silva says he doesn't want a re-match or any future title shots, the UFC had better hope he changes his mind because they've just lost all their superfight options and a Weidman/Silva re-match is MONEY.

The scenes after with Weidman's family all in tears and Weidman holding up the US flag and the title on 4th July weekend was just tremendous.

Here's the moment the world of MMA changed:

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-LO4CD5j5oXo/UdjwBrm2vmI/AAAAAAAApXU/JBaGpptHMW4/s1600/8.gif

Edited by Chris2K

I'm only quoting this because you gloated about predicting JDS/Cain 2 correctly so much :P
Yeah....fair enough :lol

I was shocked by as soon as the 2nd round started, I said to my Mrs he's clowning and he's not even trying to fight, seemed off. It was almost as if he didnt care. Silva didnt go in there to lose, but he didnt seem to go in there to win and he's been saying he was fed up being the champion for a couple years, I think he'll be happy, in a way, to be rid of the strap after he gets over the fact he got decked. Now he isnt restricted to division and can pick the fights he wants, only problem with that is Dana already said that loss kills any chance of the Jones or GSP super fights.

What can you say? Dude got clipped clowning.

To fight like Silva wants to, you've got to be a lot better than he is. No way was he the greatest MMA fighter of all-time like some have claimed. GSP is a superior fighter and if they were the same size, a bout between them two would be a mismatch. The only reason Silva should have been favoured if they were to fight was because of his size advantages but I can't see that fight happening now.

Silva looks like he's fallen out of love with the sport, though I guess that's what big money will do. It was good to see him get knocked out by an awful, wide arm punch considering his tactics.

BOjaEAuCYAAdGhI.jpg:large

I agree with pretty much everyone else, the clowning was ridiculous. Silva got beaten up for the first three minutes, and then decided to start taking piss, and got knocked out. Weidman's too good for Anderson Silva to be Anderson Silva to. I have to say, I enjoyed seeing a guy yelling "Hit me!", then getting knocked spark out.

I'm very interested to see how he comes back; will it be a post-Sonnen bulldozing, a GSP post-Serra boring-as-anything health and safety performance, or a Fedor post-Werdum complete loss of confidence?

It's a sad, sad reality that GSP's twice-yearly 25 minute cuddle marathon now makes him, undoubtably, the best in the world. A sad day for striking.

Post-fight noos;

- Dana White entirely blames Silva's loss on him "clowning around". Still thinks he's the greatest of all time, and doesn't think it taints his legacy.

- Large amounts of the Brazilians in the crowd were booing Silva after the fight.

- Gonzaga's knockout of Herman was the joint third fastest in UFC history.

- The UFC wants Silva vs. Weidman II as soon as possible. The immediate plan is for the fight to take place next February (SuperBowl weekend) in New Jersey, possibly the MetLife itself (where the SuperBowl is being held).

- Roy Jones Jr. claims Silva doesn't care about MMA anymore and wants to be a boxer.

- Matt Serra predicted Weidman would be the guy to beat Silva for the title back in 2010.

- All the super fights containing Silva have been cancelled. Dana told Jones, "You lost a zillion dollars tonight". Jones is "bummed", and tweeted "This sucks" the second the fight ended.

- The UFC got Nick Diaz a hotel room for the Expo, but he never showed up.

- Dana told Justin Bieber off online for asking for illegal streaming links for the show.

- Cub Swanson called out Ricardo Lamas.

- Earlier this week, Ariel Helwani joked, "How many people are going to be bummed the day after the fight because they missed Silva getting knocked out?".

- The biggest regret of Dana's career is failing to sign Fedor.

- The UFC has no plans to do any shows in Arizona, because it's too close to Las Vegas. The company will also never, ever go back to Utah.

- UFC 166 will be an openly Hispanic show, marketed toward Hispanics. Cain, Melendez and Sanchez will be on the card, and it'll be in Houston.

- International locations for shows in the works include Sweden, Ireland and the United Arab Emirates.

- Some future domestic locations being worked on include Nashville, Sacramento and Kansas City.

PS: Long Island upsets shit;

http://d3j5vwomefv46c.cloudfront.net/photos/large/788320346.jpg?1373201297

Edited by John Hancock

http://i1197.photobucket.com/albums/aa427/phytoplankton73/Silva01.gif

The punch looks good in the pic you posted but I don't think Weidman got much behind it. It looks like his feet weren't planted, there's little rotation at the hip and his arm was too outstretched for a hook. It also wasn't flush on the knuckles either, so it's strange that Silva got knocked out by it. Taking the shot with his eyes shut and moving into it didn't help but it's still not the type of punch which should be knocking a grown man out.

I think you're right to question how Silva will react. With most fighters, you'd expect them to return and be completely focused but given how complacent Silva has been, and was last night, I don't think he'll react too well. It wouldn't surprise me if he stopped training hard and just cashed himself in, putting in laboured performances without any real intent, even though you'd think he'd knuckle down and make sure he got his title back. The fact he said he won't chase Weidman isn't a great indication we'll see a determined Silva in the future.

I think it was just one of those funny punches. Thing is with Silva, he moves his head back so well, that mad bar-fight haymakers are probably a pretty good strategy, because he has a habit of leaning into them (probably because he knows they're dumb, and you have to get pretty lucky to knock someone out with one). I think Wiedman just sort of caveman-clubbed him in the chin when Silva was off balance and leaning the wrong way, blew his mind, and finished him on the ground. I agree it certainly wasn't the best punch of all time.

I wonder how much age had to do with it. We all remember Chuck's chin retired three years before he did, but, having said that, Silva took a surprising amount of big punches during the fight, like, half decent ones too, a couple hooks up against the cage, and a few straights to the nose when he was show-boating, and it didn't seem to bother him too much.

Rogan was saying every time that Silva was "pretending to be hurt" by a left hook slightly before that, is it not at all possible that he was actually hurt by that first one and the second one knocked him down? From the looks of it Silva is still "clowning around" after that punch but it could just be that he was trying not to sell it.

I also think Silva was with it up until the first punch from Weidman on the ground which was right on the money.