Three Hour Raws: Not All Bad?

It just struck me this week reading the Raw thread and seeing multiple people state, possibly for the first time, anywhere, that they like three hour Raws and don't want it to go back to two. This after people bemoaning constantly before the Raw Supershow era began that it was a terrible idea that would ruin the show, and then for months afterward complaining that it was ruining the shows as we watched them.

So what changed? I think it is fair to say the extra time has added many minutes to the numerous matches the Shield, Bryan and co. have been having over the last few months, to their benefit. Is it that we get more matches? Longer matches? Or just better matches? Have you learned to tune out or accept the annoying parts of the show?

How do you feel now, almost 12 months in, about permanent three hour Raws? Do you want them to remain or to go back to two hours?

Nothing has changed. 3 hours is too long, without any question of a doubt. Its way too long when your roster is so thin. They have been smart by having longer matches with talented guys that has made the 3 hours more bearable in the last month, but it wont last and the nonsense filler will return before long.

If they didnt have SmackDown! and all those other shows and they combined all their angles to one RAW show per week, 3 hours would be alright. As it stands, its not. It's too long.

I've never really hated the Raw three hours thing, the quality of match has generally gone up since then. I do agree the roster is a little thin though so it means we see a lot of the same matches, and still I don't think midcard guys get enough time to build character. Generally though I feel now as though 2 hours is not enough or wouldn't be enough.

WHO CARES!?

I don't complain when a restaurant gives me more food, then why should I care if the WWE gives me more hours? The more the merrier. More time for Dolph, more time for THE SHIELD, more time for A.J, more time for Big E., more time for the Bellas, more time from Bryan, more time for Sandow, more time for FANDANGO~! I'm a happy camper.

It would be different if the extra food given to me was actually stuff I wanted and not garbage like wwe app, The Great Khali, Hornswoggle, Sonic burger ads er whatever. If the resturaunt was giving me more food that I actually wanted it'd be fine, I'd be a happy camper, but it's like choking down stuff I never asked for or wanted in the first place. Three hour Raws are full of advertising and filler.

Also who cares? Well, it is a discussion forum and that's what we do is discuss things and obviously enough people have complained to make it a thing so trying to find out the reasons why people like it or don't like it makes for interesting discussion.

I don't watch Raw live so it means nothing to me. Whether it be 2 hours or 3, I'm still gonna fastforward the worthless sh*t and watch the good bits. And I don't watch that many TV matches anyway, so Raw usually takes me about an hour to watch at the most.

WHO CARES!?

I don't complain when a restaurant gives me more food, then why should I care if the WWE gives me more hours? The more the merrier. More time for Dolph, more time for THE SHIELD, more time for A.J, more time for Big E., more time for the Bellas, more time from Bryan, more time for Sandow, more time for FANDANGO~! I'm a happy camper.

This analogy doesn't work for me. If I order a burger and they bring me a burger, I'm happy. After the burger, they bring me a pizza. And then before I can even digest the pizza, they bring me some steak. Before you know it, my plate is piled high, I'm only halfway through the meal and I can't stomach any more. Eventually, I have to tell the waiter to stop bringing me all this goddamn food because I'm just not going to eat it all.

Raw is good as a burger, but I'm not eating a goddamn buffet.

For me the 3 hours puts me off, as a casual on/off watcher of wrestling, because if I there's too much stuff that isn't interesting (and lets be fair there's a lot of that) I can't force myself to sit through maybe and hour or more of guff to get to one or two good matches/angles near the end. At this stage I'm more likely to watch an episode of Impact because I can get it one and dusted and out they way if it's a poor one.

To go back to the eating analogy I'd be happy to go for the three hour steak eating contest if it was all Fillet or Ribeye and not a mixture of Fillet and tough ass rump steak. Otherwise I'll go for the all you can eat buffet and and have my fill when I'm ready.

I'm in the same boat as Omega. I'm a casual fan these days, I like a very small amount of the average show. I like The Shield, I like Mark Henry, I like Big E. Langston sometimes, I like Damian Sandow sometimes, I like CM Punk most of the time, and I like Bryan Danielson. I can't spend three hours, three hours, an eighth of a day, on something that has so much filler and so much shit. If RAW had a good hour and a bad hour, or a good hour and a bad half hour, or even a good half hour and a bad hour, I'd watch it, but I'm not watching between two and two and a half hours of complete shit for between an hour and half an hour and, occasionally, nothing at all, that I'll actually enjoy when I can watch those segments, without the shit, elsewhere.

I have no buffet analogy.

hahahahaha I see the buffet thing caught on. The thing is, that MY buffet (I enjoy 90% of RAW's content) is filled with good meat. I think this whole "buffet" analogy will vary on whether you enjoy most of the current product or not. If you don't, then 3 hours will seem excessive, but if you do, then 3 will probably be fine. The only things I dislike so far on RAW are Curtis Axl, Jericho and the Miz. I would've added HHH (cause he bores me to tears) but I'm willing to give him a freebie and see where this whole Stephanie/Trips/Vince angle is leading.

3 hour Raws have stopped me wanting to watch SmackDown and have lessened my interest in Impact, it's just too much wrestling. There's nothing to stop the WWE from having long matches on Raw and SmackDown on a 2 hour show other than their love of angles and video packages, hell they have a long match every week on the one hour long Main Event and it works just fine.

Think of the match repetition its caused as well. Would we have needed 5 consecutive Alberto Del Rio v Big E Langston matches if the show was 2 hours?

3 hour Raws have stopped me wanting to watch SmackDown and have lessened my interest in Impact, it's just too much wrestling. There's nothing to stop the WWE from having long matches on Raw and SmackDown on a 2 hour show other than their love of angles and video packages, hell they have a long match every week on the one hour long Main Event and it works just fine.

Think of the match repetition its caused as well. Would we have needed 5 consecutive Alberto Del Rio v Big E Langston matches if the show was 2 hours?

To be fair, match repetition started WAY before 3 hour Raws. It has been going on for years, its just now it has gotten worse because they can have the same match three times in one week.

If you didn't eat so much you wouldn't have Diarrhea all the time. Buffets messing guys up and shiz.....

To be honest I can't watch anything for very long so usually I'll fast forward most of the shows whether it be a 3 hour show or a 2 hour show but I did notice a lot less fast forwarding of late, that being down to the recent run of guys I enjoy watching, but I no longer have sky after yesterday It doesn't make much of a difference to me now :lol

Three hour RAW's are absolutely fantastic. I love the fact that they can stretch things out, including things that are happening in WWE outside the ring/arena, more superstars on the show, more matches and more in-ring segments.

Since being at the New Jersey and London shows in April, RAW has consistently delivered. I can't wait for Mondays 1am every week, even if I start work at 8am the next day I'll always stay up to watch it.

For me it's better than SmackDown these days, and IMPACT WRESTLING doesn't even come close anymore.

Edited by FreeSpirit