The Premier League 2013/14

dsrchris

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Possibly the most excited I've been for a new season, sounds optimistic but I honestly believe there are about 5-6 teams that can win the league next season. Going to be exciting as hell. Man U, City, Chelsea, Spurs, Arsenal and even Liverpool have a shot in my opinion because of the massive changes that have been made at the big clubs. I think with a decent transfer window all can be in with a decent shout.

Yeah, this season feels like a bit of a reset button. City, United and Chelsea are all in a state of flux (or, in Chelsea's case, coming out of one) with new managers and what look set to be big roster changes, Arsenal look like they might actually bother trying for the first time in a decade, Tottenham are on the assent, Everton are a thing now and don't count out Liverpool. Should be really interesting.

I am torn this season as I hate Chelsea with all my might but I love Jose so want him to do well to hear his brilliant press interviews. Welcome back oh Happy One.

I hope Arsenal do buy some players but won't hold my breath every season we hear Wenger has xy and z to spend only or him not to bother. Come on Arsenal.

I must say I'm dreading the inevitable Jose Mourinho/Ian Holloway love in.

But yeah the Football should be good.

Would'nt want to make any outlandish claims until a little closer to the season beginning. But Arsene Wenger you came along way towards the end of this season If you spend a bit of money and I'm not talking £2million on some obscure Frenchman then you never know.

Edited by BRM

I still think the top 4 will likely be the same, but I can't call who will win the league - one of United, Chelsea or City. Arsenal, if they sign a couple of top players will be up there too.

Don't think Spurs will go past 5th and think that Liverpool will challenge them for that spot, with probably Swansea just behind them in 7th.

I'm an Everton fan and I think next season will be one of transistion. The fact that we're signing Alcaraz doesn't fill me with confidence. I'm predicting 9th for Everton.

Hull, Stoke and Cardiff to be relegated.

TO be honest I can't see Everton getting any better, Spurs if they keep Bale will probably stay where their at, the top 3 is anyone's guess, either of the 3 could run away with it or it could be the closest league in years.

If we do keep Suarez which I don't think we will, we should have a crack off the top 4, but I think 5th next year is what we are going to achieve.

Depends who Liverpool sign. Their back 4 is not up to scratch, so they need one, if not two quality centre backs.

Gerrard is 32 now and starting to get niggly injuries, he will need replacing. Henderson did ok last year, but is he ready to step up?

It's a big season for Liverpool, and Rodgers in particular. If they find themselves outside the top 4 or 5 by Christmas, I would think his job will be in danger.

I would say not by Christmas unless they are in the bottom half, but I would think if they don't finish 5th next season then he will be fired.

This is a massive year for Rodgers if he can continue to bring in quality players and get backed by the owners I think we will be just fine, if we lose Suarez and they put the money back into the club then we are f**ked.

You can't fault him on bringing in Coutinho and Sturridge, both great signings. Am yet to be convinced on Joe Allen and Borini (probably unfair to judge as he's been injured).

Like you say as well, depends what he gets to spend; Liverpool are looking at spending £150M to redevelop Anfield (plans were submitted this week), so some of the money might go towards that, given how opposed Fenway are to taking out massive loans.

Aspas looks a good buy at £7 million from Celta and Kolo Toure is a bargain on a free. If Suarez stays, then they've got a real chance of top 5 maybe even 4. If they sell Suarez - how do you replace a player like that?

I expect the top 5 to stay the same, and similar to this year I see Arsenal and Spurs fighting it out for the last CL place, some distance behind the top three which could finish in any order.

I think Liverpool will be 6th, as I expect them to improve slightly but not enough to crack top 5, and I think Everton will regress under Martinez, that's coming from a Wigan fan.

7th could be anyones guess, if one team goes on a bit of a great run they could sneak up there, like WBA or someone. Or maybe Newcastle if they can sort their sh*t out.

Everton will be 9th or 10th I think.

Everton will be 9th or 10th I think.

Agree with you. I think that even if Martinez does well for Everton, it will take him 2 or 3 seasons to put his own stamp on the team. From my point of view we've needed freshness for a while and even though Moyes did a fantastic job, he couldn't push us on any further.

I hope Barkley and Duffy get chances this season and show that they can be top level players.

This has got to be the single-most exciting and unpredictable season we're going in to, possibly ever, (well, since the inception of the Premier League). I just can't predict anything, I can't forsee how anything is going to pan out, especially at the top end of the table, and that's fantastic news. Or terrible :lol.

Man Utd have taken an absolutely staggering gamble as far as I'm concerned. Ferguson was the best manager in the world and, for all of his blustering and piggishness, he managed to squeeze every last drop out of that squad of his. Last season all we heard (and rightly so) was that this Man Utd squad was one of the worst in 20 years. Fergie galvanised that squad and got them to bore out results. And I mean "bore" as in the mechanical, dig-deeping way... rather than "boring". Although they could be :P.

For me the biggest question about Man Utd isn't about the quality of their squad (it's very good), or the quality of Moyes (he's very good), but will they play for him? New manager, new coaching staff, new manager bringing in players who the new manager wants. And there wasn't a lot wrong with the old lot. Massive upheaval.

The only thing I think I can call is that Chelsea SHOULD win the Premier League this season. Mourinho will (and I might as well just cut-n-paste the previous paragraphs) galvanise, bore out results... yadda yadda... mechanical. Deep-digging. Boring. And they are :P. Hmm.

It'll be interesting to see who Mourinho buys. I think he'll go with a giant of a target man, possibly Cavani, and will bolster the midfield and defence with some muscle, but that's about it. The likes of Lukaku and DeBruyne are expected to get game time this year, so that's cool.

Man City could go either way: massive success or massive distaster. I think they'll fall somewhere in the two. Their sheer wealth should carry them to a good, but not winning, finish. They've spent a fudge-load of money, but at the same time they've probably overspent. £30m for Fernandinho? Ludicrous.

Liverpool have all-but lost Suarez already but it looks like Rodgers is addressing that already. I really like the look of what he's trying to acheive at Anfield. Borini, Allen, Sturridge, Sterling, Coutinho, Suso, Aspas, Lucas, and maybe a few more. All quality, tippy-tappy little buggers who look to really be able to play. If Liverpool are moving to a new stadium they'll want to get these players in and keep them as the best part of a finished team for the next 5 years or so.

Spurs? Man, really hard to call. I personally think Bale's gone this summer, and if he goes then they're back to square 1. Square 1 being 6th at best. If he stays then who knows? They may get top 4, but to be honest I really doubt it as "Bale is unplayable" is simply a turn of phrase. He is playable, and by playable I mean markable. People will adjust their defensive strategy to cope with Spurs' reliance on Bale.

And then there's Arsenal, and God knows what's going to happen there. I personally think Arsenal fans should be excited and even a little expectant this summer. I think the noises about money and sponsorship deals and revenue streams are all genuine. I think the stories of money in the bank are largely genuine. I think the possibility of Arsenal spending £20m+ on not just one, but possibly two players (each) this summer and playing £100k a week wages are also good. Arsenal have the best manager in the Premier League. Chelsea will argue, and they'll have a point, but that's just them being wrong :P. The one thing I will say about Arsenal is that this season, for the first time in about 6 years, WE are the stable club this summer. We've got to take advantage of that.

I hope Barkley and Duffy get chances this season and show that they can be top level players.

Yes I think one of the main reasons Martinez got the job is because he'll use Everton's academy. Not just that, he won't be afraid to throw in some young mavericks like Barclay. Not sure who Duffy is or where he'll play. I also think Everton are going to be loaning exciting young players from the likes of City, Arsenal and Utd. Maybe Razak (City), Akpom (Arsenal) or Piazon (Chelsea) or something.

Cannot wait! :)

Cheers!

If they sell Suarez - how do you replace a player like that?

They bought Suarez for Torres, it can be done again but it will take big bucks to do it.Suarez will hand in a transfer request when he gets back to Liverpool.

If that's the case then fair enough.

Yeah Gerrard's stats are crazy for last season, I think he's doing that same yoga thing as Ryan Giggs does.

Out of the top four, I feel City are currently most in danger of dropping out, new manager, overspending and a crowd that still backs the former manager. Tevez could be gone, then only one proven striker is left.

Arsenal need to spend, Liverpool need to either keep there main man, or sell him quick and give ALL of it to Rogers to spend, that way most of it on a new striker, then a couple of squad players.

Madrid or the two french clubs won't bid £85 million for Bale as they will wait until next season as I'm sure I read somewhere that he can go for £30/£35 million if they don't get Champions League after next season.

As much as I hope, I'd be shocked to see Ronaldo "come back" this season, but with a few signings I can see United keeping the title and for the three main (United, Arsenal and Chelsea) clubs will do better in Europe this year.

I'm going to have a cheeky bet on Arsenal winning the league next season. I think Arsene will bring in some big players this summer and they will really mean business this year. Chelsea second, City third, United forth.

:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol