The Amazing Spiderman (New Spiderman film)

DC

• 2 weeks later...

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 months later...

It automatically looks darker and grimmer than the original Trilogy. Plus Andrew Garfield seems like a much better fit as Peter Parker when compared to Tobey Maguire. I've gona back and tried to watch the original movies, and with hindsight they kinda suck. At the time I tricked myself into thinking they were good films, but now looking back on them they really weren't very good at all. I think I just refused to believe that Sam Raimi and Spiderman could disappoint me so much.

I'm by no means getting my hopes up for this one, but I will say that it instantly seems more like the kind of Spiderman I want to see.

I'd say the opposite, from that ad I'd say Garfield doesn't fit the mold at all. Not that Maguire was perfect, and the original trilogy is kinda crappy, but there's something about Garfield I don't like, and I can't quite place it.

I agree. I don' like Andrew Garfield in the role. There was nothing wrong with Tobey's Peter Parker until the third movie. And why is everybody happy for this to be darker and grittier. I never saw spiderman as a dark and gritty book. Spideys a wiseass. I dont know im always optimistic about reboots and sequels but I'm not feeling this. Besides the first person wall crawling everyone was wetting themselves over at comic con looks retarded

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
This new trailer has actually managed to make me interested. The previous ones had just looked ho hum. This one makes it look significantly different to the Maguire trilogy. I still can't stand Rhys Ifans, but will probably go see this now.

The new trailer makes this look like something I need to see.

I'm calling it now, Gwen Stacy WILL be getting her neck broke in this. It's the "untold" origin story, so I think it's only right that Captain Stacy and Gwen end up dead by the end of the movie.

The new trailer makes this look like something I need to see.

I'm calling it now, Gwen Stacy WILL be getting her neck broke in this. It's the "untold" origin story, so I think it's only right that Captain Stacy and Gwen end up dead by the end of the movie.

I really hope they don't do that.

I've got nothing against Gwen Stacey breaking her neck, but the only character who should be involved in that storyline is the Green Goblin. Putting the Lizard into the story of Gwen Staceys death would be like having a Batman film where the Joker breaks Batman's back, or where Lex Luthor kills Superman instead of Doomsday.

I still don't buy Garfield as Parker, and I really don't like the whole 'destiny' storyline that's implied in the trailer. I think this is another comic book movie I'll sit out.

I never liked Tobey Maguire as Spidey. I get what Sam Raimi was going for, and I enjoyed all films, but I really had to unattach myself from everything I knew about Spidey and accept it as a new version.

What they got right was the villains by and large, making them perhaps a little more realistic. The origin story was the one we all knew, and J Jonah Jameson was brilliantly played, I'd love to see Simmons playing that role again in the new films... and Elizabeth Banks as Betty... phwoar. Oh and the Venom in the church origin when Spidey rips the symbioate off and it bonds with Brock, yes I liked that a lot.

What they got wrong... Spidey was too whiney, quiet and melodramatic. Spiderman is known for being wise-cracking, one liners when busting baddies etc. Plus I don't remember when he was such a loser as Parker. He was always a bullied science nerd, but not to the extent Maguire made him look pathetic. Also while the origin of Venom was spot on, they wasted him and he went too quickly without a fight. Oh and Curt Connors story arc was there for 3 films and never went anywhere.

I'm glad they're doing their own versions which seems to be a little different to anything else thus far with Parkers parents. Cant wait to see it in 3D

At the time I enjoyed all the Spiderman films. Looking back on them they're all pretty poor. They take good elements from the comics and ruin them, mix up classic storylines and change character traits. It's a pretty mish-mash trilogy.

The problem with this new one is they're going for a 'darker' tone, which just doesn't suit spiderman. As Fletch said, he's all about the wisecracks and puns. i did like Maguire as Spiderman though, and generally they got the right people for the villains too.