Pope Palpatine To Step Down

Maxximus

Pope Benedict XVI To Resign

The Vatican says Pope Benedict XVI will resign on Feb. 28, The Associated Press reported.

The Vatican says Pope Benedict XVI will resign at the end of this month, on February 28. The 85-year-old became Pope in April 2005 following the death of John Paul II. The reasons behind the pontiff's surprise resignation have yet to emerge. At 78, the former Cardinal Joseph Ratzinger was one of the oldest new popes in history when elected.

This is pretty big news. A Pope hasn't resigned since 1415 or some odd. I wonder what's going on? Besides end time prophecy that is.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That might not be such a great idea. You know how many religious fanatics would freak out if the next Pope is the "Black Pope?"

Peter the Roman indeed. The end in near.

From what I've read so far they're shooting for late March for the next Pope lottery or whatever the hell they do.

It is always three days after death or resignation that the cardinals vote. I would not hold your breath for a black pope as that was what was meant to happen when pope John Paul II died and all the old cardinals and bishops voted to ensure that would not happen. The guy mentioned is probably the same one he was 47 at the time and cast as too young as he could have gone on for years.

That might not be such a great idea. You know how many religious fanatics would freak out if the next Pope is the "Black Pope?"

That's why it's a great idea! :lol

Official statement from the Pope via vatican radio

http://en.radiovaticana.va/articolo.asp?c=663815

Dear Brothers,

I have convoked you to this Consistory, not only for the three canonisations, but also to communicate to you a decision of great importance for the life of the Church. After having repeatedly examined my conscience before God, I have come to the certainty that my strengths, due to an advanced age, are no longer suited to an adequate exercise of the Petrine ministry.

I am well aware that this ministry, due to its essential spiritual nature, must be carried out not only with words and deeds, but no less with prayer and suffering. However, in today’s world, subject to so many rapid changes and shaken by questions of deep relevance for the life of faith, in order to govern the bark of Saint Peter and proclaim the Gospel, both strength of mind and body are necessary, strength which in the last few months, has deteriorated in me to the extent that I have had to recognise my incapacity to adequately fulfil the ministry entrusted to me.

For this reason, and well aware of the seriousness of this act, with full freedom I declare that I renounce the ministry of Bishop of Rome, Successor of Saint Peter, entrusted to me by the Cardinals on 19 April 2005, in such a way, that as from 28 February 2013, at 20:00 hours, the See of Rome, the See of Saint Peter, will be vacant and a Conclave to elect the new Supreme Pontiff will have to be convoked by those whose competence it is.

Dear Brothers, I thank you most sincerely for all the love and work with which you have supported me in my ministry and I ask pardon for all my defects. And now, let us entrust the Holy Church to the care of Our Supreme Pastor, Our Lord Jesus Christ, and implore his holy Mother Mary, so that she may assist the Cardinal Fathers with her maternal solicitude, in electing a new Supreme Pontiff. With regard to myself, I wish to also devotedly serve the Holy Church of God in the future through a life dedicated to prayer.

From the Vatican, 10 February 2013

BENEDICTUS PP XVI

EDIT: Have to share this

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v283/Tajiri_san/e1f96a3fda58bb75ff8d77c610e444b1_zps69385e98.jpg

Edited by Anime Otaku

Black Pope?

“Pope” D’Angelo Dinero applies for vacant job at the Vatican

Professional wrestler “Pope” D’Angelo Dinero spent this morning updating his resume in hopes of applying for the recently vacated job as leader of the Catholic church.

“I love wrestling, but I’ve always wanted to be the Bishop of Rome and figurehead of Catholics worldwide,” said Dinero, who recently stepped away from TNA Wrestling in order to pursue more pious ambitions.

Dinero announced his intention to “run for the papacy” after the surprise announcement that Pope Benedict would resign from his post due to worsening health.

A veteran of World Wrestling Entertainment and TNA Wrestling, Dinero has been performing on the indy circuit lately, while also pursuing his PhD in Divinity via correspondence from DeVry.

Dinero is confident he will be the first “Black Pope,” which is why he chose @DaBlackPope as his Twitter handle several years ago.

“Mark my words: the Vatican will be my new home soon,” he tweeted.

In response, Dinero’s close friend Brother Devon tweeted: “Testify”

http://www.kayfabenews.com/pope-dangelo-dinero-applies-for-vacant-job-at-the-vatican/

One very interesting thing brought up on Newsnight was that as Pope he's a defacto head of state and so is immune to public lawsuits. However no he's not pope he's liable for all the people he failed to protect when he was the churches watchdog.

I can see this turning into a much bigger shitstorm for the catholic church than just the embarrassment of a pope quitting.

I don't think anything will come of it. This whole thing sounds like Carl's pedo-friendly career has finally caught up with him and, because that's the sort of thing the Catholic Church does, it's time to put him out to pasture before anyone asks too many questions. If it's not pedo stuff, it's Mafia stuff, God's accountants and all that. Either way, I'm almost certain that the church has found out something about him they didn't know, and now they need him out before the media finds out about it.

Watch the next Pope be ICE white. In moral terms, not racial ones, although it won't be an African, because, if this is a P.R. exercise, the last thing the Vatican needs is some dodgy warlord's cousin from Liberia. It'll be some totally average run of the mill northern Italian who's never even spoken to a pedophile. Angelo Bagnasco or Angelo Scola or someone like that.

While it wouldn't be the first time the media has speculated about who the next person to lead a big organisation would be and been way off, pretty much everything has been talking up Peter Turkson or maybe a South American. I think Turkson could be good for the Church's image too looking at his positions on certain issues.

If Turkson gets elected, there's going to be a shit storm, seeing is this is a guy who's basically said that Africans killing gay people is fine because it's part of "African culture". One of the big criticisms of Carl from the people who care more about the popularity of the church than following it's actual beliefs was that he was way too conservative, and it was driving away young people. Other than young people loving black dudes and the third world, Turkson is maybe even more conservative than Carl, which would be really self defeating.

A Latino Pope would make sense from a PR perspective, seeing that the Latinos are, realistically, the only real Catholics left on Earth, but they're going to have a tough time finding a powerful Latino holy man who doesn't have at least a passing relationship with a cartel.

If the Pope was Central American, or possibly any Latino other than Brazilian, that would be REALLY interesting in North America. Right now, Catholic American-Latinos are super liberal in their politics, which is pretty in line with the Catholic Irish in Massachusetts, the Catholic Cubans in Florida and the Catholic Italians in New York. If there was a Latino Pope preaching about how gay people are evil and contraception is evil and baby rabbits are evil and fun is evil and whatever else Pope's do, I wonder if it would inspire Latinos to become more conservative in their voting habits, especially with the Republicans looking like they're going to be dropping opposition to immigration from their platform. Latinos in North America turning socially conservative would be HUGE, probably the biggest demographic shift since women got the vote, and it would be devastating to the Democrats. Such a schism would also be interesting amongst all the different Catholic communities in America, with the old-school immigrants (the Irish, the Italians, the Cubans, the French, the Cajuns, the Portuguese, the Old-World Spanish) representing liberal Catholicism, and the new-school immigrants (the Mexicans, the Dominicans, the Puerto Ricans, the Haitians, the El Salvadorians, the Colombians, the Costa Ricans) all representing conservative Catholicism.

It would be bad for America, I think (and thus, the world), but it would certainly be interesting.

Edited by John Hancock

Heard about this documentary through Youtube and it may explain why the Pope suddenly quit, apparently it lays a huge amount of the blame for abuse by members of the clergy being covered up directly at the feet of the Pope back when he was Cardinal Ratzinger.

http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/tv/showtracker/la-et-st-mea-maxima-culpa-20130204,0,6297138.story