WWE Elimination Chamber Discussion Thread - February 17, 2013 from New Orleans, LA

TPIB

The fourth annual WWE Elimination Chamber will come to you, live on pay-per-view, on February 17 from the New Orleans Arena in New Orleans, LA.

The official theme song for WWE Elimination Chamber is "The Crazy Ones" by Stellar Revival, which is available now on iTunes.

http://www.talkwrestlingonline.com/images/posters/wwe-elimination-chamber-2013-poster.png

Confirmed Matches/Events

WWE Championship: Title Changes Hands on a DQ or Count-Out:

The Rock © vs. CM Punk

6-Man Tag Match:

The Shield vs. John Cena, Ryback, & Sheamus

World Heavyweight Championship:

Alberto Del Rio © vs. Big Show

Elimination Chamber Match for a World Heavyweight Title Match at WrestleMania:

Chris Jericho vs. Randy Orton vs. Mark Henry vs. Jack Swagger vs. Kane vs. Daniel Bryan

United States Championship:

Antonio Cesaro © vs. The Miz

Divas Championship:

Kaitlyn © vs. Tamina Snuka

Pre-Show Exclusive:

Brodus Clay & Tensai vs. Team Rhodes Scholars

Edited by TPIB

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Back when they turned the Chamber into the February PPV I felt like they should have made it a more concrete part of the Road to Wrestlemania story - make it so that the brand/title that doesn't win the Rumble has the Elimination Chamber to decide its Mania challenger. It would add depth to the idea that winning the Rumble is a good thing, and allows you to escape the dangers of the Chamber, whereas now it's like, even if you don't win the Rumble, there are 10 more chances to win a title and main event Mania, and even if you lose the Chamber, you could end up in the main event at Mania anyway just because someone needs to challenge someone. Whereas if Challenger A wins the Rumble and fights for title A, and Challenger B survives the Chamber and fights for title B, they both look as though they have fought a battle to earn the spot.

Yeah agree with Ciaran. Elimination Chamber (or previously No Way Out) I've always found to be really unecessary. Move WrestleMania to March I feel, and have nothing in February. Anything that needs to be tweaked in storylines between Royal Rumble and WrestleMania like title changes can happen on any 3 hour RAW!!

I wish you could do three good posts in a row before I get bored.

Oh, how I wish we had a "Like" button for TWO posts. High fives all-around for that one, DC :lol

Anyways, there are two new matches on the Elimination Chamber card. They have added a 6-Man Tag Match between The Shield and the team of John Cena, Ryback, & Sheamus, as well as a rematch for the World Heavyweight Title between Alberto Del Rio and Big Show. Also, Randy Orton, Rey Mysterio, and Daniel Bryan will be a part of the Elimination Chamber Match (which is now for a shot at the World Heavyweight Title at WrestleMania) with the other three yet to be announced.

While the 6-Man Tag Match was obvious, I was hoping they would go the route of having the match inside the Elimination Chamber (which is something that has only been seen in WWE's video games). I think that would be an interesting twist to the match and would really play to what the rivalry is all about, the "numbers game" mentality.

The World Heavyweight Title rematch is a "ho, hum" for me. They seem to be working backwards in terms of the Del Rio/Big Show matches as they had the title change hands on SmackDown in a Last Man Standing Match, then they had the Last Man Standing rematch at the Royal Rumble, and now they are going to have a standard title match at Elimination Chamber? That's kind of odd. In any case, I am banking (no pun intended) on Dolph finally cashing in at Elimination Chamber and winning the title (which, I assume, is why the title was put on Del Rio).

I think that it is safe to assume that Jack Swagger and Mark Henry will join Orton, Mysterio, & Bryan in the Elimination Chamber Match. I would also not be surprised to see Christian make a return and get put into the match, as well.

The World Heavyweight Title rematch is a "ho, hum" for me. They seem to be working backwards in terms of the Del Rio/Big Show matches as they had the title change hands on SmackDown in a Last Man Standing Match, then they had the Last Man Standing rematch at the Royal Rumble, and now they are going to have a standard title match at Elimination Chamber? That's kind of odd. In any case, I am banking (no pun intended) on Dolph finally cashing in at Elimination Chamber and winning the title (which, I assume, is why the title was put on Del Rio).

It actually makes perfect sense to me. The way a feud develops from straight matches to gimmick matches as feud enders is because underneath it all, the psychology is usually (or should be at least) some form of "A got lucky/B cheated to win/we cant get a result in the straight match(es) they have wrestled, so now they fight in X gimmick match where there will be no doubt as to who is the REAL winner." The escalation is about trying to get a satisfactory winner out of the thing.

In this case, the story so far has been Alberto using the LMS stipulations (and help, and tricks) to beat Big Show. The stips were necessary because the feud was so heated with Show beating up Ricardo and so forth, they needed to brawl. But they have been inconclusive as far as proving who is the better man than the other, because of all the extraneous help, so the question remains: can Alberto beat Show in a straight-up match? So finally at the next PPV, they get their straight-up match, no gimmicks, and we see who is the better man once and for all.

It sounds crazy on paper but it actually makes total sense with how the story has developed.

Also, it is entirely possible they add a stip between now and then, since they keep brawling all over the place. But even if they dont, it works.

The Shield match is no buys if it isnt in the Chamber though. Get it done Double Double E Spies.

Honestly would like to see Henry win the chamber and destroy the structure itself with bodies in the process.

Rock will beat Punk but I'm not in favor of this.

ADR/show is a tossup to me because ADR is becoming more and more accepted as a face every week and Show is doing the same as a heel. The way there feud has gone I would not be disappointed either way, but this would be a prime time to have Dolph cash in.

And I think its painfully obvious that Shaemus/Ryback/Cena will win the 6 man.

The six participants in the Elimination Chamber Match are finally set as Chris Jericho, Randy Orton, Mark Henry, Jack Swagger, Kane, & Daniel Bryan will take part in the match. Also, there is now a stipulation on the WWE Title match where, if The Rock gets disqualified or counted out, he will lose the title. They also tacked on a Divas Title match and a tag team match between Brodus Clay & Tensai and Team Rhodes Scholars for the pre-show.

With Jericho's entry into the Chamber, all of the pieces are, more or less, in place for what we all see happening (or at least I see happening). Jericho will win the Chamber Match and, sometime on the same night, Dolph will cash in and win the World Title, setting up Dolph vs. Jericho for the gold at WrestleMania.