Transformers 4 - New Cast, New Trilogy

Maxximus

From Michael Bay via - michaelbay.com

I just hired a great new actor for Transformers 4 to star against Mark Wahlberg. Jack Reynor(imdb), he is an Irish kid that came to America with 30 bucks in his pocket. Pretty ballsy. Seriously who does that? Anyway I spotted him in a great little Irish movie WHAT RICHARD DID. This kid is the real deal.

Transformers 4, is not a reboot. That word has been floating around on the net.

This movie takes place exactly 4 years after the war in Chicago. The story makes a very natural transition, and reason as to why we have a whole new cast. This Transformers will feel very different then the last three. We are embarking on a new trilogy.

What do you think, guys? Is this another money grab or is this a chance to start over with better content?

I'm sure money is a driving factor but I hope they can deliver a great story to please even the most die hard fanboy and give us some characters we can care about.

Read More:screenrant.com

When I was a kid in the 1980s I only ever had two Transformers dreams:

1. That one day I would own every single episode (and I do, plus the Japanese stuff)

2. That they would make "actual real life Transformers films" with actual robots, or just amazing special effects

I'll never forgive Bay for Transformers 2, but 2 out of his 3 films have been really good, so I'm, technically, "in dreamland" with the news of another trilogy. Fatigued, yes, but dreamland none-the-less.

Cheers!

• 1 year later...

I think Unicron will happen in a future instalment. For now though: DINOBOTS!

Three Mark Wahlberg films, Dinobots, hot blonde, loadsa carnage. Looks good so far!

Me, I've always fancied seeing how Bay would do the Aerialbots. That could be hammazing.

Cheers!

I could write and write all day abou Transformers, seeing as I am a major fanboy. I'm not the biggest fanboy I've ever met, far from it in fact, but I am a big kid about them. In fact I'm just a big kid :P.

Harking back to one of my previous posts in this thread; Transformers is a franchise for schoolboys. I was 4 years old when Transformers first came out. 5 years old when the toys first came out in the UK (and thusly 5 years old when I got my first one - Skywarp). I was 11 years old when Transformers tried the "Generation 2" stuff, and then "Classics", and I was 14 or 15, and "DEFINITELY TOO GROWN UP~" when they launched Beast Machine Wars, or whatever it's called. I was in my 20's and too stuck in my ways when they launched firstly the short-lived RiD, then Armada, Energon, and whatever the latest incarnation is.

I am, age-wise and culturally, perfectly formed to have a deep-seeded, genuine hump-my-pillow-at-night love for all things G1. I have all the episodes on DVD, I have the animated movie on DVD (twice), I have all the Japanese stuff on DVD, I have some original boxed G1 toys, I have lots of the recent G1 reissues, and I have been reading the oft-erratic quality IDW G1 comics. In April 2015 I'm going to Universal Studios Orlando ride the Transformers 4D ride. Michael Bay is launching the 4th installment of a mega-budget, state of the art, movie franchise. Mark Wahlberg is going to be in it. Mark Wahlberg is in proper films. Great films.

As I said before, I'm in wonderland. I dreamed, back in the 80's, that there would be a live action Transformers movie with actual actors in it, and brilliant graphics. I dreamed that Marky-Mark from NKOTB would grow up to be a famous major-league acting heavyweight and play the equivelent of Sparkplug Witwicky. I dreamed some leggy blonde would play the equivelent of Carly :P.

But the one thing you can never lose sight of is that, despite how I single-handedly, with my DVD purchases and IDW comics subscriptions and occasional purchases back in 1998 on eBay, saved the entire Transformers franchise for true dorks like DC and Maxx to enjoy today... that the entire DNA of the whole thing is for 5-to-10 year old boys.

So, and I'll never forgive him for Transformers 2, Michael Bay is pretty much the best choice for making the films that 5-year-old Boyo wants to see. At best I'd like to see JJ Abrams get given the Unicron script. At best I'd like Christopher Nolan to treat Bay's scripts and "ground them in reality". At best I'd like the robots to looks like they do in G1 and transform in to the vehicles they do in G1, but the Lancia Stratos doesn't exist any more, and VW won't let Bay use the Beetle, and so I'm happy that General Motors gives my heroes muscle car form, as despite not being accurate, they still make cool-looking cars. Ish. But this is as good as its ever going to get I reckon.

If you want hi-tech, hi-concept sci-fi for adults then watch Elysium, Gattaca, Battle: Los Angeles. Transformers is purely for kids and eventually the dream will end.

Cheers!

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Let me make it worse for you Tarsformatards

In an interview with Entertainment Weekly, Michael Bay talked about how they work with car companies to make the films, saying of Transformers 4's Lockdown, who is a Lamborghini Aventador, "He's just a bounty hunter, so they were okay with that."

As for Bumblebee, who starts as a modified '67 Camaro before becoming a 2014 custom-made version, Bay said, "GM is actually shrinking the Camaro now, and we were like, 'Whoa, whoa, whoa.' So we worked with the designers, making it wider and neater. I told them, 'Be prepared — customers are going to want this.'"

Inside Movies~

Get out of here you money grabbing hack!

Get out of here you money grabbing hack!
He's making Hollywood blockbusters; of course he's a money-grabber.

As for your spoiler-tagged comment that deeser decided to just run with,

you have to ask yourself for how long is Galvatron under control?

Edited by Maxximus

As for your spoiler-tagged comment that deeser decided to just run with[...]

Look buster, I don't know who you think you are or what you're alluding to but only ONE thing in the universe controls Gavatron and that's the almighty Unicron.

Edited by Maxximus

Oh sh*t. I forgot the spoiler tags.

Ah well, I doubt it's a huge one anyways. Unless an Entertainment Mod wants to clean up this mess I've made?

It's not major but just in case someone throws a fit I've fixed it. Sorry for slacking guys. drs... shame on you...