John Cena: BERRIER.

Horowitz

I've still got visions of Cena burying Barrett(in chairs, but also literally).

That said it all for me. They could have made Barrett right there. Same happened to Miz, it doesn't matter if you like him or not, that's another thread. Sadly this all happened before WWE heeded the signs and tried to actually make someone for the future.

At least Ryback hasn't been buried by the Cena machine. Yet.

Punks been only too helpful in Rybacks build. It's a shame Barrett didn't get the same treatment.

Even the win Orton got back last week. Just stupid. Like, WWE thought it was really necessary? They couldn't have Ortons loss to Barrett fresh in peoples minds could they now? Imagine what could have happened.

Edited by Horowitz

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Cena didnt bury Barrett. They had already wasted the Nexus angle at that point and they were blowing the feud off. Cena lost to Barrett at HIAC and was his bitch for a pretty long time relatively speaking. Nexus ultimately failed but not because of Big Bad Cena.

And people going nuts over Orton beating Barrett last week is hilarious. I know it is symptomatic of a wider problem re: Even Stevens booking, but the idea that Barrett winning a random midcard match on Raw last week would have made any difference to anything is absurd.

Cena didnt bury Barrett. They had already wasted the Nexus angle at that point and they were blowing the feud off.

Cena is in a perfect position to help out talent, I'd say he has enough clout backstage to make changes wherever he sees fit. I do agree WWE completely ruined the Nexus gimmick but Cena helped along the way

Cena has tried to help out talent. He pushed for Bourne back in 2010, that lasted for about a week. He was the biggest Zack Ryder backer in the company pretty much, and look how that turned out. Cena isnt booking, he can only do so much.

TLC was literally the first and only time Cena beat Barrett in their feud. Barrett beat him at HIAC. Nexus beat him up plenty of times and cost him the WWE Title multiple times. Barrett made him his bitch as part of Nexus. He forced JOHN CENA to throw a match. Nexus failed but at no point was it because Super Cena was burying Barrett. Cena beat him at TLC to blow off their feud since by that point they had long since ruined Nexus as a top act, because they cant book for sh*t.

I mean, Jesus, Nexus pisses me the hell off too. Between that and NXT, 2010 just destroyed me and turned me into a raving lunatic fantasy booker. But blame Vince, not Cena who was bested by Barrett and Nexus for the majority of the angle.

Bourne has been completely wasted. Like, his one week pushes became a running joke at some point because every few months he would go through the exact same process of "upset over Swagger one week, job to him the next, back to nowhere".

The Cena/Bourne tag from 2010 I'm talking about was a GREAT tag and Bourne getting the big win blew the roof off. And then next week...back to jobbing to someone. They had zero idea what to do with him and its frustrating because the guy is great. He is a perfect candidate to be that smaller, high flying sympathetic babyface. Discipline problems aside it boggles me how they screwed him up.

Seeing as he is the biggest star in the company

Cena isnt booking' date=' he can only do so much.[/quote']

Honestly. There are plenty of accounts from people saying he tries to help the young guys and has pushed for Zack, Bourne, Punk, etc. He isnt Vince, he isnt a writer, isnt booking this sh*t. I am still unsure as to what you want him to have done with Barrett since he personally put him over for months while the angle was going on, an angle which was ruined by bad booking and no patience, not Cena jobbing anyone out.

That DDT that Cena completely no sold! F*ck dat guy!

The Concrete DDT is my favourite.

Which just goes to the point really. They had the Summerslam tag match, and decided Cena pinning Barrett was the right finish for that match, and you're blaming CENA?! I mean Jesus, there are few booking decisions in recent memory that were worse. Booking...decisions. But God, dont blame Vince, Cena went into business for himself and NO SOLD THE CONCRETE DDT! :lol

I know Cena isn't booking, but surely he should know proper psychology and what not and have some creative imput instead of just going along with whatever. He just has no sense. The promo after his match with Brock? I'm sure in a match the other week he ran full speed into the ring to avoid the ten count after he'd been in a supposedly grueling match.

I'd take a guess some other ludicrous in ring ideas are suggested and shot down/changed because wrestlers with more sense speak up.

It's one thing letting people like Bourne and Ryder be seen with you and share the spotlight but it achieves **** all.

To get back to the question - I can only hope Barrett wins the big one one day but WWE just love to disappoint and knock down. Puzzling.

Cena doesnt understand psychology. Outstanding stuff.

In hindsight the Brock promo was a mistake, I think Cena legit thought he was injured and wanted to give a 'shoot' thank you promo before going on the shelf after the match he just had, and then it turned out he was fine and it was kind of weird.

Cena leaping into the ring at 9.999 fits in with his character, he's the guy who gets destroyed and makes miracle comebacks. The way he works countout teases is just an extension of that. If you want to ground it in something real then he is using the entire 10 count to recover before getting back in the ring to get beat up some more. Either way I dont think they are a particularly glaring problem.

I agree that he goes along with rubbish far too often. But lets be real, the rubbish he should be changing is mostly his own promos. If anyone in the world has been affected by Cena being too much of a company man, then it is Cena himself, given the God awful things they make him say and do.

Once again I am not sure what people expect from Cena. He's the top guy but he's not running the joint. He's not writing the sh*t, he's not booking the finishes, he's not stopping pushes and dropping angles and burying guys. I mean, of all the Big Bad Vince we get around here, when we're talking about things that Vince is actually doing wrong, and suddenly its not him at all, its Big Bad Cena?

Cena doesn't bury people? Give me a break

Then who? Who has he buried so badly? And like Jimmy said, I'm talking about Cena personally here, not just how creative booked the angle. I can't think of anyone who he's given the drizzling sh*ts to, and he's gotten much better matches out of some guys than he ever had any right to.

What I'd like to know is does Ciaran somehow believe Cena IS THE WORST champion for burying other competitors? I mean even if we say he does delibertaely put guys down he can;t possibly be worse than say HHH, Shawn, Nash or Hogan in their prime. Plus most of those guys at least spent some time making other people as well.

I am fascinating to know who Cena has apparently buried. I mean, Jesus, if we are using WADE BARRETT as the standard for being buried then you're pretty much saying everyone is buried and the word is meaningless. Do we even understand what it means? A loss isnt a burial. Losing a feud isnt a burial. A heel looking inferior to a babyface isnt a burial. A midcarder looking inferior to a main eventer isnt a burial. That is just what happens in wrestling.

Off the top of my head I can think of the Miz PPV debacle in 2009. That sucked. But Miz recovered fine and Cena has worked well with him from that point onward. There was that time he squashed Hassan quickly in 2005. I am blanking on anything more significant than that but I'm sure Ciaran will fill me in on how Cena buried Brock Lesnar and sh*t.

Guys dont really get buried by stars anymore, not nearly as much as they are buried by bad booking and writing. These days results dont matter, wins and losses are largely meaningless because they are forgotten in a week. In that kind of environment, one loss to one guy, even a really bad one, doesnt affect someone the way it perhaps used to. What would it matter, hypothetically, if Dolph jobbed to Cena in 5 minutes next week? Dolph jobs EVERY WEEK to everyone. That isnt a burial, that is just the guy who Dolph is losing to this week, you know? That isnt the fault of the guy he happens to be losing to this week, it is the fault of Vince and bookers who dont know what the f*ck they are doing.

With Cena it's not so much what he's done, but what he didn't do and could've done. Ha!

Not being snarky here, genuinely interested.

So go on, what should he, or could he, have done? Bearing in mind he's a dude who takes his cues from the booking staff like everybody else.