Goldberg news

Rikidozan

From http://www.wrestlingobserver.com...

"The ESPN radio affiliate in Los Angeles reported today that Bill Goldberg had reached a deal with WWE. The source was said to have been a member of his family. Negotiations have been hot and cold for the past few weeks. We don't have a contract signing confirmed although a contract was issued more than one week ago."

Pretty much as expected.

Lesnar v Goldberg won't happen, thats for sure, and if it did it would be a gigantic mistake. They pay in excess of 3 million a year for Berg, only to have him come in as a heel (and we all know, how well that worked in WCW), and to job to in his first big match in. Would be a gigantic waste of money, and Goldberg nor the WWE would ever do it, cause Berg wouldn't come in as a heel, nor would he job, first match in.

This was on 411wrestling:

Goldberg and WWE have had talks this week, but no deal has been reached yet. As previously reported, WWE wants Goldberg to be a semi-regular performer while Goldberg just wants to be a special attraction and not have to go on the road much.

One of the main problems is that Goldberg does not have a passion for the business, and does not really want to be a "wrestler" and is not very social with other wrestlers.

Another problem that has stalled negotiations is Goldberg's background. He was born into wealth, was a successful pro-athlete at a young age, and became an instant wrestling star. Because of all the success he has had, he does not feel that he has to come in to WWE and do as much as they want him to. He feels confident that he IS the solution to WWE's problems, and that with the leverage he has, he will be able to sign a big money deal while not having to do too much work.

WWE feels that if Goldberg gives it a try, he will like the WWE lifestyle. The company is also willing to give him a month off here and there. However, they want him to stay around for at least six months so that he can become an integrated member of the roster.

Caving in to Goldberg's schedule demands will also cause problems backstage. It is likely that much of the WWE locker room would resent Goldberg for getting so much money for so little work when he isn't really a legend, but just a guy who had a lot of success in a very short period of time. He was unable to save WCW from folding and is not a proven draw in today's WWE.

WWE also finds it frustrating to negotiate with Goldberg, because he feels that he knows much more about the business than he actually does. At this point, Goldberg feels that WWE will eventually get desperate enough and sign him on his terms, therefore doesn't feel a need to cave in on anything.

Thus far, WWE has also held their group. If a deal is reached, it is likely a sign that WWE is very desperate and worried and is banking a lot on Goldberg.

Credit: Wade Keller, PWTorch.com

By Dave Meltzer at http://www.wrestlingobserver.com...

"Here is the situation on Bill Goldberg. Goldberg has not signed but is much closer to doing so than he was a few days ago. This goes hot and cold and while I do expect a deal to be made, nobody except Goldberg knows what he will or won't decide in the end. The sides were very close just before No Way Out and then things cooled later in the week, and heated up again the past few days. This is where things stood and what the problems were several days before No Way Out. WWE's offer at that time was ten dates per month maximum but 100 dates per year maximum. Goldberg was very close at that point on dates. The number wasn't as big a hold up as Goldberg wanting the provision for a short vacation period during the year. At the time, I thought the dates issue wasn't going to all that difficult to work out, but Goldberg was asking for creative control of his programs, which I thought would be a difficult issue. I'm not sure how that one was resolved. As far as a list of names that I've seen bandied about, when Vince McMahon had a meeting with Goldberg, he brought up doing programs with Rock, Steve Austin, Undertaker and Kurt Angle. No other names were brought up at the time. Others may have been brought up since. At least originally, for whatever reason, Brock Lesnar's name wasn't brought up."

I dont see why people think Goldberg will save the company. He hasn't been around for 2 years, he's not the most charismatic or talented wrestler and many casual WWE fans wont have seen him before. The reason he was over in WCW was because he was booked strong, noone is booked strong in WWE (especially with Heyman gone) so he wont have the same impact. Goldberg will be another lazy, talentless, moneygrabber taking a spot away from a more worthy wrestler who's consistently performed but the bookers are too lazy to do anything with. How long til the quick fixes run out. C'mon the TNA!

Meltzer says hes close to signing, Keller says he isnt ,blah blah blah. Am I the only one sick of this whole damn will he/wont he saga? Its like something out of a soap opera i wish they would just hurry up and either sign him or forget him.