King of the Ring dropped?

Dead Crow

King of the Ring

From Wrestlezone.com>>>

It appears as though WWE is dropping the King of the Ring PPV in an effort to extend their brand split and PPV schedule. The June PPV would turn into a 'RAW brand only' show while the July PPV (Vengeance) would be 'SmackDown! brand only'.

WWE.com still lists the June PPV as King of the Ring, but the Dish Network is listing it with the title as "TBD."

Over the past several years, the King of the Ring PPV has been considered a failure. In recent years, WWE has cut back their focus on the tournament itself to hype the bigger matches on the card.

We will have more details on this story as they become available.

The King of the Ring usually provides one of the worst PPVs of the year with the 95 being a contender for worst PPV ever.

The gimmick PPVs with the exception of the Rumble just don't draw buy rates these days which is why the Survivor Series team matches were axed.

It's like the survivors tag matches, when built up properly on TV, and given decent time and exposure, fans love it, as ratings show. However, the past few years, it just gets thrown together, people with no issues fight, in 3 minute rushes, and the winner gets nothing from it, so yeah I agree it should be axed, it's not serving any purpose.

I wont miss the king of the ring PPV, It's ruined by it's predictability.

I can't see the benefit in having Raw or Smackdown only shows. At the moment the PPV's are full of filler matches, and that's using both rosters. Expect to see Nunzio V.S Funaki on PPV.

Hey having Nunzio on P.P.V would be great to see, towards the end of ECW he was 1 of the few who still performed to his best and since he came to WWF (i cant stand the name change) all they done to him is put him in some poor merger between The FBI and The Mamalukes who are doing nothing but getting there butts whooped on a weekly basis, the sooner they start giving the cruiserweight's a bit of respect and let them show wot they can do in the ring then the ratings will improve as they draw some of the WCW fans they drove off back.

• 3 weeks later...

Dropping King Of The Ring is a bad idea I agree but anyone may say I'm wrong but I've noticed that fans has become indifferent to King Of The Ring and Survivor Series whilst they still are interested with Royal Rumble.

Anyone?................

Cause the Royal Rumble means something. I don't know why everyone is feeling so bad about this, King Of The Ring has basically been meaningless for ages now, with crap rushed matches featuring some who are over, and some who aren't, pointless matches also, and the eventual winning, winning the 5 match on the card, acheiving nothing from it.

Unless done properly, which it hasn't its a waste of time anyways.

Boo hoo. King of The Ring has been crap for so many years running now, they only made it slightly interesting last year by putting a title shot on the line for the winner... but in my eyes I always refused to see it as a grandslam PPV.

For me there was only ever 4. Always just been an above average IYH PPV, and changing its name isn't going to stop it from being crap as the WWE always ends up being between Backlash and Summerslam.

I'll happily see the back of it.

The tournament had no prestige whatsoever. To prove how little the WWE thought of it, look at 2001 for a prime example, the tournament final was the fourth match on the card, even Jeff Hardy's match was higher up in the card than it. Its stupid how the tournament final was never made to be the main event for the last few years, when it most definately should of been. I would be sad to see the back of the tournament if it had actually ment something over the years, but it hasn't, therefore I couldn't care less.