UFC 140: Jones vs. Machida

John Hancock

Wow, those five seconds without a UFC event on the horizon were tough huh? I'm impressed we all made it.

I'm not entirely sure how watching this show works in the UK, but, in America, the televised prelims aren't going to be on Spike anymore, they're going to be debuting on Ion T.V., whatever the hell that is. I'm not sure whether or not any of the prelims will be on Facebook either. Confusion.

Pay Per View Card

Light-Heavyweight Title: Jon Jones © vs. Lyoto Machida

Frank Mir vs. Antônio Rodrigo Nogueira

Tito Ortiz vs. Antônio Rogério Nogueira

Claude Patrick vs. Brian Ebersole

Mark Hominick vs. Chan Sung Jung

Ion T.V. Card

Krzysztof Soszynski vs. Igor Pokrajac

Jared Hamman vs. Constantinos Philippou

John Makdessi vs. Dennis Hallman

Yves Jabouin vs. Walel Watson

Facebook Card... Maybe... I don't know

Mark Bocek vs. Nik Lentz

Rich Attonito vs. Jake Hecht

Mitch Clarke vs. John Cholish

Jones

Nogueira

Nogueira

Ebersole

Hominick

I've been waiting for many years for Nog to get revenge on Mir.

Looks like a good card, the main event should be crazy. I'd like for Machida to win since he's been one of my favourites, just leaning towards Jones. Should be his toughest fight yet though.

I actually agree 100% with you Frank. Which probably isn't good news for you if you'd put any money on it.

Results;

Pay Per View Card

Light-Heavyweight Title: Jon Jones © def. Lyoto Machida by submission (guillotine choke) in the second round

Frank Mir def. Antônio Rodrigo Nogueira by submission (kimura) in the first round

Antônio Rogério Nogueira def. Tito Ortiz by TKO (strikes) in the first round

Brian Ebersole def. Claude Patrick by split decision (29-28 / 28-29 / 29-28)

Chan Sung Jung def. Mark Hominick by TKO (strikes) in the first round

Ion T.V. Card

Igor Pokrajac def. Krzysztof Soszynski by knock out (punch) in the first round

Constantinos Philippou def. Jared Hamman by knock out (strikes) in the first round

Dennis Hallman def. John Makdessi by submission (rear naked choke) in the first round

Yves Jabouin vs. Walel Watson by split decision (28-29 / 29-28 / 30-27)

Facebook Card

Mark Bocek def. Nik Lentz by unanimous decision (30–27 / 30–27 / 30–27)

Jake Hecht def. Rich Attonito by TKO (strikes) in the second round

John Cholish def. Mitch Clarke by TKO (strikes) in the second round

EDIT: Seven seconds. Surely that's the fastest UFC fight ever?

Edited by John Hancock

Rachad's the only opponent for Jones that really interests me now. I think he'd destroy Hendo, and Davis just hasn't done enough of note for me to really care about him yet. Rachad / Jones would be greatness though.

EDIT: Ariel Helwani is tweeting that Dana White and Joe Silva are having a serious conversation, and people are looking worried. Rumours are a-spreading that Big Nog is either legitimately f*cked up, or that Overeem is out of UFC 141, and the main event will be Lesnar / Mir III.

Edited by John Hancock

Helwani is a bitch remember.

Overeem Lesnar is still on. That choke was filth by Jones, but I will still carry on nut hugging Machida for like tho.

I'm just a big fan of Davis which is why I would like to him fight with Jones. If Rashad wins then so be it, but I think Jones will beat him easier then Heno/Davis.

BONES~!

I really enjoyed the show, Ebersole/Patrick was the only fight that lost my attention. I must have said HOLY SH- every single time I've seen Big Nog's arm snap.

Also Dennis Hallman really doesn't deserve to fight in the Lightweight division if he misses weight by as much as he did then enters the cage, then destroys his opponent whilst being 20-30 pounds bigger after re-hydrating.

Edited by Chris2K

I'd logged in to post my pre-event thoughts yesterday, then my other half mentioned some door that needed hanging... well done that girl, for saving me the embarassment of continuing my recent run of shocking predictions. General thoughts....

The prelims aired were generally pretty great. Jake Hecht looks like a potential fun-bringing card filler. Hallman looks a beast at 155lbs, if he can handle the cut in future.

I actually enjoyed the hell out of Ebersole-Patrick, akin as it was to a proper midfield battle in a game of footy (tight & cerebral). Shenanigans at Ebersole winning, though. I actually had it 30-27 Patrick- every round was close though.

Let Tito have the Forrest trilogy he wants. It's not like either man has anything else of significance to do, and closure is good.

Stupid Mir. Sick kimura, though. Awesome round.

Wow, 2 quick elbows changed the tide of the main. Great stuff from Machida up to that point, clinical precision from Jones thereafter. The Rashad fight gets more & more interesting the more we see of Johnny Bones.

None of the FOTYC greatness of recent cards, but still top stuff, in a UFC 92 kinda way.

I actually agree 100% with you Frank. Which probably isn't good news for you if you'd put any money on it.

Maybe we'd be better off predicting the opposite of who we actually think will win?

Anyway great show, Tito getting destroyed was pretty fun to watch, I mean I almost felt bad for the dude. Almost. Mir, as much as I hate him, showed some pretty beautiful technique to...em snap another guy's arm. It was very cool to watch, the break moment was pretty sick though. Main event was great too, this dude Jones :

http://a4.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/s720x720/377270_10150447600679479_6176684478_8379419_1565967071_n.jpg

AgW470dCQAA5VRv.jpg

I'm sure Rashad will get a kick out of those photos even though he wants to murder Jones.