TWO Wrestling Survivor: A - Round One

Chris2K

Who are your LEAST favourites?  

720 members have voted

1. 1. Who are your LEAST favourites?

It begins...

Here we go, with the first round of the As.

Just to quickly go over the rules again:

In this round you get an unlimited number of votes to give to any wrestler you don't like on the list. I'll give it a few days so either on Friday or Saturday I will work out the average number of votes per wrestler, those who have more votes than the average are then EEEE-Liminated.

Also for some details on the list:

Gimmicks have always been a questionable thing in TWOWS, the basic rule I try to keep is that if it is a completely different gimmick within the same company, both will be in (i.e. Aldo Montya and Justin Credible). If it's a different company it will most likely be in unless it's absolutely the same (i.e. Razor Ramon and Scott Hall are both in). If it's a re-naming of what is essentially the same person and character, they don't go in (i.e Daniel Bryan is in, Bryan Danielson won't be). Two gimmicks under the same letter also tend to be kept to just one due to confusion in the voting. When voting it's hoped you will take note of the gimmick when deciding, for example:

American Dragon is in this round, try to judge your vote on your knowledge of Danielson's work as Dragon. When Daniel Bryan pops up later you can judge on his work as Bryan Danielson and Daniel Bryan.

A-Train and Albert were both possibilities for the list, however I chose to only include A-Train due to the similarities in the character. Excluding the "Hip Hop Hippo" phase, A-Train was just Albert under a different name, but with better entrance music. Giant Bernard will likely be an option later as well.

Same deal with Awesome/Amazing Kong, which is literally the same character but in different countries. Kharma will also be an option later on.

If you have any questions about the voting make sure you do it before you actually vote :xyx

This will probably sound like a totally dumb question lol but theres a lot of people I don't know on the list, I assume I would vote for them simply because I don't know them and therefore they wouldn't be my favourite? Hopefully that makes sense and I'm sure that is probably the most ridiculous question anyones asked, but oh well I'm a bit thick!! :P

How so?

What's Jackie Chan got to do with it? :lol

Huh?

Well, OK. I think people find it funny, lets say, that your tournament is a completely random lottery of wrestlers, filled with a lot of random names nobody knows, that sometimes results in lopsided first-round matches that appear bizarrely random to a lot of people. And you often seem to get offended when people point out the randomness of your tournament.

And yet your first thought when you see a list of names that are far less random than yours (the most well-known wrestlers that start with the letter 'A', its not all that random) is "wow, what a random list of names..."

Just for the hell of it, why is this list random?

Well, OK. I think people find it funny, lets say, that your tournament is a completely random lottery of wrestlers, filled with a lot of random names nobody knows, that sometimes results in lopsided first-round matches that appear bizarrely random to a lot of people. And you often seem to get offended when people point out the randomness of your tournament.

Fair enough.

And yet your first thought when you see a list of names that are far less random than yours (the most well-known wrestlers that start with the letter 'A', its not all that random) is "wow, what a random list of names..."

Erm, see below.

Just for the hell of it, why is this list random?

Because there are wrestlers on it who I've never heard of.....and I know about lots of obscure wrestlers. Not many of them, but I found it odd.

And I wouldn't say that these are the most well-known wrestlers beginning with 'A' either.

I guess that is fair enough in it's own twisted way. Consider this though SHL, with the way Chris structures this tournament he avoids the biggest issue with your masked guy tournament in that all the randoms that people have never heard of get voted off before we even get to voting who our favourites are. It's been the single biggest complaint about your tournies in the past so perhaps, given how well this is received, it's a thought for future ones you'd like to do?

SHL trolling the competition aside...

I voted for Alex Shane only... simple as fact, the guy is the real world version of "Cut me own throat" Dibbler and he's made too much money off the backs of hard working UK wrestlers wanting to get ahead of the pack.

I've at least heard of everyone on the list except Al Tomko (unless its the real Tomko?) and Allen Funk. I might not have seen them at all, but I've at least read their names. And no offense meant because it doesnt bother me personally, but thats more than I can say for SHL's list of guys.

And yeah I cant think of anyone obvious he missed. Not seeing the argument.

Really? Can I ask who would be more well known mate? Just for my own interest as I cant think of any.

I don't mean in terms of anyone being missed, I mean in terms of who's included.

If I was making a list of the 'most well known' wrestlers starting with A, names such as Akio, Alex Shane and Aksana wouldn't be on it.....

I've at least heard of everyone on the list except Al Tomko (unless its the real Tomko?) and Allen Funk. I might not have seen them at all, but I've at least read their names. And no offense meant because it doesnt bother me personally, but thats more than I can say for SHL's list of guys.

The ones I haven't heard of are A-1 Alaistair Ralphs and Andy Leavine.

Also, what's wrong with my comprehensive list?

Probably some mexican wrestler who nobody else knows sod all about.

Talk about a party pooper!

People know who they are.

And I'm not pooping in anyone's party...

I don't mean in terms of anyone being missed, I mean in terms of who's included.

If I was making a list of the 'most well known' wrestlers starting with A, names such as Akio, Alex Shane and Aksana wouldn't be on it.....

I see. OK I misunderstood what you meant. Fair enough.

The ones I haven't heard of are A-1 Alaistair Ralphs and Andy Leavine.

Andy Leavine won the recent Tough Enough.

Also, what's wrong with my comprehensive list?

See Jimmys comments earlier mate.