How long have you been watching wrestling?

Kam

How long have you been watching wrestling?  

35 members have voted

1. 1. How long have you been watching wrestling?

• 1-5 Years
    • 5-10 Years
    • 10-15 Years
    • 15-20 Years
    • 20-25 Years
    • 25-30 Years
    • Over 30 Years

Simple question, how long have you been watching wrestling? I was just thinking Survivor Series began in 1987 and I started watching WWF just a few years later! It's been over 20 years since I was first hooked...can't believe I'm still watching now :P

Survivor Series is also my anniversary, except mine is 1995 so I'm up to sixteen years.

"Watching" isn't really the right term for me though, I lost Sky in November 1996 and didn't see any WWE until it came on Channel 4 in 2000, and as I didn't have the internet until about the same time it was a bit difficult to keep up to date. When C4 scrapped it I didn't get to watch any again until I got broadband in early 2005 (not that I downloaded shows or anything...), then finally I got Sky back this summer so I can watch everything again. Legally.

I first started watching in 1999. Not sure when exactly but it must have been around King of the Ring. I watched regularly until about 2002 then missed a couple of years until about late 2004. From 2005 onwards I was only watching ppv's and not bothering with any TV stuff, until 2009 I started watching every week without fail.

Since about 1988 ish I started getting hold of ppv's on video, went back to the 'Mania 1 though to catch up. Got Sky in 1991 to begin watching weekly tv shows. Lost touch in 2003-2007/8 ish through the meh factor but always kept up to date with goings on just didn't really watch much.

Is that 4 periods or more? I'd be interested to know.

Around 27 years. Give or take.

I first started watching wrestling when I was about 8 or 9. The first match I ever watched was Hogan vs. Sheiky baby when Hogan won the belt. Hogan was like a living superhero to me. I remember not long after seeing him in a match with Bob Orton. Bob was giving Hogan a terrific beat down and I thought he was gonna lose. When Hogan "Hulked up" and made the baby face comeback I honestly cried. I was a kid and it was real to me dammit! Been a fan ever since.

Funny. I was a fan before the first wrestlemania.

Yeah, I'm old as hell.

Edited by Maxximus

First full episode of RAW I watched was the Vince McMahon Appreciation Night back in 2007, then the next one I watched was the Chris Benoit Memorial show because my interest was piqued about the fact he had died. Stopped watching again when I broke up with my ex in early 2008 but started watching again in May of that year.

I know, rather morbid.

i have been watching since 1987 since wrestlemania 3 came to my hometown of pontiac michigan at the silverdome where i saw with my father live in person hulk vs. Andre. Looking back now the match is what it is but when you are a 6 year old kid in that huge arena, its breathtaking to say the least. It was a very special treat as a father myself when wrestlemania returned to Detroit 20 years later for wrestlemania 23 and i was able to take my children to their first live event. Ahhh the memories

I answered 20 years, because it was getting sky in the early 1990's that first got me into WWF.

The question was "how long have you been watching wrestling?", so my answer wasnt strictly true. I watched it as a nipper in the 70's on TV. My mum and my mums aunt were massive fans. We even went to the royal albert hall once to watch wrestling I must have been around 8 years old. Of course I was excited for Big Daddy, the only fight I can remember was Mick Mcmanus against Catweasle Mick got cut quiet badly, but as a kid I suppose that would stick in my mind.

Started watching around '90/'91 thanks to SilverVision, then WWE blew-up big time in 1991 on Sky Sports, starting with Flair's Royal Rumble win, remember it well, every boy in the playground on Monday was buzzing about the event and Flair. Then of course things peaked for the company in the UK with the Bulldog/Bret SummerSlam match. I drifted, like most, somewhat away from pro wrestling when WWE totally botched the Invasion angle in mid/late-2001. Been an MMA since '97/'98 time, but started to follow it intensely since 2000/2001 when the UFC got coverage on Sky Sports.