Remembrance

Saz

I'd like to take this opportunity to remember and thank every man who laid down their lives to give us our freedom.

I'd also like to remember every soldier who gave their lives in service of their country and also thank our currently serving members for their service.

Thank you, your sacrifices are remembered.

I'd like to take this opportunity to remember and thank every man who laid down their lives to give us our freedom.

I'd also like to remember every soldier who gave their lives in service of their country and also thank our currently serving members for their service.

Thank you, your sacrifices are remembered.

We will remember them

My Dad was in the West-German navy, my Mum was in the Israeli army, my maternal Granddad was in the Dutch airforce, my paternal Granddad was in the German army, and my girlfriend's Dad was in the American navy.

Remembrance Day is very important day for me, not just for people who fought and died to save England (although, obviously, I'm very thankful to them), but to all the soldiers, and marines, and airmen, and sailors around the world fighting to make the world a better place, or at least stop it from becoming a worse one. You might not agree with what they're ordered to do, hell, they probably don't agree with it either, but they're doing it for your sake, and your future, so at least appreciate the motive.

I would like to remember my grandfather jack crawford who served the united states marine core in korea. his service for this country has us forever in debt. I also would like to thank a childhood friend of mine jason, who proudly served the marine corp from 2000 to 2004 and was on the front lines in baghdad. His service is forever in our debt.

And on this day i respect all the veterans of all the armed forces worldwide from all countries who are attempting to make their lands and countries safer for their friends and families. I salute you all and thank you.

In remembrance to my Uncles William and Maurice Fernandez who bravely fought in Korea and Vietnam as well as all the brave soldiers who have fought and died for our freedom. I also have several family members who are either currently serving or have served in the past.

My Uncle Maurice was killed in action and my Uncle William died years after service to his country. May they all rest in peace.

I have a military family, but thankfully none in recent history have been killed.

My dad was a sergeant in the RAF, my uncle was in the RAF and my grandfather was a Captain in the Navy.

I'd like to give thanks to the soldiers and remember those who lost their lives.

Cheers!

Very few of my family are military, and those who were werent in the front lines. But its important to remember the sacrifices made by the 'normal' men and women, those who just want to protect the world as best they can. To put your life on the line for another person, and for those you wont ever meet, what more can be asked?

I thank them all, no matter what side they were on, they did what they believed was for the best.

I was planning to use the two minute silence to think about how much I wasn't thinking about Remembrance Day. For about thirty seconds, at least, as the next twenty would go towards wondering if anyone else around me was actually thinking about soldiers and not wondering what to eat for tea later. The final seventy seconds would be contemplating my next move with hair colours.

As it happened, I looked at the clock to see that it was 10:35am. The next time I noticed, it was 11:20am. But most of that time was spent with me being silent in my thoughts of hair experimentation, so it all worked out.

Archived