WWE rivalries- Shawn Vs Bret... anyone seen it yet?

Horowitz

You know though, the think that keeps hitting me is that, if this is supposed to be the first release in a series, they've got a massive problem.

Nothing that follows this one will be able to compare.

This "rivalry" is all about the real life story. Its basically a YouShoot with WWE production values. How are they supposed to follow this one? There's no other real-life rivalry between guys that has the same notoriety, not to mention match quality, and a lot of them are impossible to make at the moment anyway. If they go ahead and just do the big (kayfabe) feuds, it will come off lame in comparison because for a sit down, they're going to either spend 90 minutes repeating how great the other guy is, or try to manufacture animosity to "sell" the feud.

If this is the standard they've set, I dont know how they meet it going forward either way.

The inevitable Austin/Vince one could be really good, only because it really was one of, if not the biggest feud in the history of the business and I'm sure personal tensions were at a high in parts (2002-2003 for certain), but it won't have the emotion of this. Then again, it doesn't need to. If they get to the heart of the feud, reveal some of the plans that didn't occur and are honest about the fallout and especially the heel turn, it could still be great albeit for different reasons.

Other than that, they'll have problems. Who else could they even do? Hogan is in TNA, so that rules out a bunch of videos (the Hogan/McMahon shoot would be an hilarious tale of two bullsh*tters) and who has HHH had a big feud with? Foley returning could maybe open up him and HHH which'd be fun if Foley is honest about Triple H being a total douche in the early-mid 00s, and no doubt they'll do an Undertaker/Kane one at some point. Other than that, I can't even think of any decent feuds worth delving into for two hours.

Rock/Foley? There's some cool stuff to touch on like the empty arena match, and the infamous "I Quit" chairshot frenzy. Plus it'd be kinda cool to end it with the Rock and Sock connection stuff.

Maybe a three way one of the Dudleys vs E&C vs The Hardys. I know that's not gonna happen anytime soon, but it's one I'd like to se in the future maybe?

Oooh, old ones. Hmmmm.

If they went for Kayfabe storyline releases they can probably get something out of Hogan/Andre. Maybe Hogan/Savage with the whole "Megapowers Collide" thing going on? Savage/Flair with the doctored photos of Miss Elizabeth would be pretty sweet. I can't really think of any feuds that went on long enough to make a decent DVD from?

Obviously Matt/Edge would be a great "real life" one if they could get a sit down out of them. Dunno if that's likely to happen though.

For Matt Hardy and Edge? Seriously?

They had the great cage match, a fun street fight and a fun LLT ladder match during the feud. Summerslam was the only real low point, only thats the one people tend to remember.

Not to mention the volume of tag team/TLC stuff they can put on for the early years, plus they had more than a few great TV matches after 2005 as well. There's no want for Matt and Edge matches.

Really?

Like I said, I think the Summerslam one is the only bad spot, but since it was at Summerslam, and their first match, thats the one that gets remembered, and it turned a lot of people off the rest of the feud, which I think was actually pretty good, in terms of the matches. Cage match in particular was great, from memory.

Plus, this had nothing to do with their feud, but in 2008 they had at least two excellent Smackdown matches that I remember loving, shock of all horrors.

You know though, the think that keeps hitting me is that, if this is supposed to be the first release in a series, they've got a massive problem.

Nothing that follows this one will be able to compare.

This "rivalry" is all about the real life story. Its basically a YouShoot with WWE production values. How are they supposed to follow this one? There's no other real-life rivalry between guys that has the same notoriety, not to mention match quality, and a lot of them are impossible to make at the moment anyway. If they go ahead and just do the big (kayfabe) feuds, it will come off lame in comparison because for a sit down, they're going to either spend 90 minutes repeating how great the other guy is, or try to manufacture animosity to "sell" the feud.

If this is the standard they've set, I dont know how they meet it going forward either way.

All of the above.

This DVD is great, I'd say the best thing they have ever done, but there's nothing else that will compare to this. Some might be funny to watch, but there won't be anything as compelling as this at all.

I admit to utter ignorence of the Smackdown ones, I was just talking about the ITS A SHOOT NO ITS NOT HES THE ANGELIC DIABLO NO HES MATT HARDY stuff. I remember being so let down by the matches.

Funnily enough, I've been making my way through the new Cage Matches DVD, and guess which match happened to be next?

Matt vs Edge.

And it really is just f*cking incredible. A brutal, ass kicking war. This isnt me trying to be right, its just the coincidence that made me post here, bur if you really didnt like it at the time I do recommend giving it another go.

New guy

I just joined this site because i am a very longtime passionate fan of wrestling. I guess my opinion of edge and matt hardy feud is the fact matt hardy was nevr a real main event status wrestler. All the greatest feuds resulted from big epic main event matches. Austin v rock is probably the best example of that. Bret hart v hbk is another. Those r guys that no matter what u put them together its a main event and it steals the show period.

If i could give my fav feud it would b austin v mcmahon by far but there r other great feuds i remember. Undertaker v mankind had a huge impact on the business. It created an entire new set of matches that r still remembered. Boiler room brawl is so original and 2 talented guys making it work. Buried alive came about from this feud not to mention possibly the most infamous moment ever in wwe the hell in the cell match. I just joined this and hope i am following the rules. If i am not please tell me where i am wrong i love to chat wrestling and wish to continue too.

I just joined this site because i am a very longtime passionate fan of wrestling. I guess my opinion of edge and matt hardy feud is the fact matt hardy was nevr a real main event status wrestler. All the greatest feuds resulted from big epic main event matches. Austin v rock is probably the best example of that. Bret hart v hbk is another. Those r guys that no matter what u put them together its a main event and it steals the show period.

If i could give my fav feud it would b austin v mcmahon by far but there r other great feuds i remember. Undertaker v mankind had a huge impact on the business. It created an entire new set of matches that r still remembered. Boiler room brawl is so original and 2 talented guys making it work. Buried alive came about from this feud not to mention possibly the most infamous moment ever in wwe the hell in the cell match. I just joined this and hope i am following the rules. If i am not please tell me where i am wrong i love to chat wrestling and wish to continue too.

Hey buddy, welcome along, it's always awesome to get another new poster thrown into the mix here.

Don't know if you want to, but if you want to say hi and tell us a bit about yourself, you can start a new thread in the Introductions Forum?

But yeah, you're posting in the right place, so welcome to TWO and hopefully you'll find plenty to chat about with other like minded fans here! :D