The bid for ECW

Kam

From the W-O Newsletter:

> THE BID FOR ECW

- Earlier this week several industry insiders reported that World Wrestling Entertainment were in the race to buy the assets of Extreme Championship Wrestling. The ECW case is now in the hands of bankruptcy court and sources say the case is nearing its end. Among those assets are the very important video library and the ECW name and logo. If the McMahon's end up buying those assets they would have in their possession the largest wrestling video library in the history of this sport with NWA/WCW, ECW and WWF/E footage. Sources are saying the deal would be in the range of around $1.5 million plus other fees to ECW creditors.

Reading that leaves me with a few questions. In the invasion angle (the terrible invasion angle) when Paul Heyman recreated ECW before they sided with WCW, they didn't have the rights to use the name?

Is that why they called them the alliance and never really mentioned ECW's name again?

Now about amonth or so ago roumers were circulating that Vince wanted to bring the freaks from philly back to run their own organisation or have a stable or something like that. could this be true?

If they do get the video library does that mean we don't get any more top quality delta music releases complete with poorly edited music and over dubbing? I hope so.

• 2 weeks later...
I know that if there bid wins that there gonna release the video library, i also heard that they were thinking of having an ECW show at the old ECW arena but i just cant see it being the same as the WWF (i just cant call it WWE--stupid panda people) do have a trend of messing things up where starting new promotions are concerned, i just hope im wrong and Vince lets Heyman run it the way he used to (minus the debt problem).